• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Halo Premium and Canadian Tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.
My post is a question for the experienced vaper and a juice suggestion for the newbies.. bare with me:)

Okay, like most new vapers, I'm a smoker trying to quit cigs and so far vaping has made that possible but I'm still searching for e-juice that taste's most like a real Canadian cigarette.

Tried "Halo Torque 56" recently because the description basically said it was a tobacco flavour with strong TH and no fancy extra flavours to cloud the taste. Turns out, they weren't lying. It's the closest to a real tobacco flavour I've found so far... The only problem is that it tastes like American tobacco! Almost like a cigar even.

So my question to Canadian vapers is: Have any of you out there found something that tastes like a Canadian cig? I tried the Du Maurier and Export flavours from Flavour Crafters and Canvape too. None of them reminded me of a Canadian cigarette. I know everyone's preferences are different and that's why I'm interested to hear yours.

Another quick word on Torque 56.. I do really love this flavour, even though it's not perfect, it's the closest so far. I'll warn you that the juice is expensive, I payed almost double the price compared to most other companies. Have only tried that one flavour from Halo's selection but I'll definitely try some of their other ones. If anyone has Halo suggestions I'm all ears on that too.

Thanks, as always..

Noobody.

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
Hey noobody, Halo is an American company so it would make sense that their juice tastes like an American cig, also the reason I stay away from their tobacco flavours. So far I've tried their Belgian Coco, Tribeca, Twisted Java and Cafe Mocha, I love them. Have Tiki on order.

Not sure where you get your Halo from, but CanVape has them on sale for $16, and now has discount code for 10% off on their entire sight till the 25th.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Try Royal Reserve Tobacco from CapitalNicFit. It's about as close as I've tasted to a freshly opened pack of Canadian cigarettes. I couldn't pin a specific brand on it, but it's pretty excellent. It's not cheap, but if it's real Canadian tobacco you're after, that's the best and closest I've had.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
I like the two liquids I got from VapeMate which are FC made (Mild Canadian Tobacco, and the VapeMate (exclusive) Tobacco). I like to blend the two 50/50

To date they are the only ones I've cared for as a tobacco liquid. I've never been able to find the 'lit' cigarette experience from a juice as I feel the draw, hit, heat, taste, smell, & mind effect (that you get all at once) is impossible to replicate. As Mindfield stated, "freshly opened pack of Canadian cigarettes" is "I" believe the closest you'll ever find, and it's that 'green/fresh' flavor of pulling on an unlit cig that the virginia tobacco blends seem to give.

Really, I think if we ever found one that would 'exact' a flavor of our favorite brand... we'd STILL be disappointed with the rest of the experience we get/got from the smoke.

Seems that 'most' of those ever managing to quit stinkies (the majority), did so with something unexpected like the sweet or fruit type flavors.

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
You know, I'm really not sure why we call tobacco flavours "tobacco". I've tried a ton of them, and none will ever taste like my john players silver king. :) When I hear "tobacco flavour" I think "tea flavour". I have about 40 different tea blends in the pantry, some taste like "tea", and others don't. I even have a tea that tastes almost like black coffee.

I guess my point is, you just need to experiment with the different "tobacco" flavours until you find one you enjoy. For me? Dekang RY4, DK-Tab, FC Export Tobacco, FC Mild Tobacco and FC Maple Cured Tobacco (after sitting for a couple months). I've also started vaping a TPA Black Honey Tobacco / DK-Tobacco DIY mix, and just DK-Tobacco + ACV + EM blend. I recall GRBC's Prarie Blend being quite pleasant too with a distinct grassy note.

Good luck in your search!

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
Try Royal Reserve Tobacco from CapitalNicFit. It's about as close as I've tasted to a freshly opened pack of Canadian cigarettes. I couldn't pin a specific brand on it, but it's pretty excellent. It's not cheap, but if it's real Canadian tobacco you're after, that's the best and closest I've had.

Agree. If you remember the smell of a freshly opened pack of cigs, this is it.

rems

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Ontario
I was just wondering... Do all these juices your talking about have nic in them? If so i want to give them a try

Yes. The juices discussed do contain nicotine. They come in different strengths. Most people start at 24mg/ml. There is a thread at the top of the Canada Forum in which you can ask for a supplier list of vendors that carry the juices with nicotine. It will be PM'd to you.

Dirty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
Vancouver
WARNING: Reading below could potentially ruin your experience with Torque 56 (but probably not)

I loved Torque 56 until my friend told me the second hand smelled like sauerkraut , after that all I could taste was sauerkrut - totally ruined it for me, it was my ADV to! I withheld sharing this as I didn't want to ruin anyone elses vaping experience with this juice..now I'm kind of curious to see if it was just my tastebuds changing or if anyone else has this experience after reading this.
Apologies in advanve if I ruined this juice forever for you :p

pffpffpass

Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Toronto Canada
WARNING: Reading below could potentially ruin your experience with Torque 56 (but probably not)
I loved Torque 56 until my friend told me the second hand smelled like sauerkraut , after that all I could taste was sauerkrut

This is funny because I find it smells like fart after a while ... ruined it for me but i keep going back until i notice the fart smell again lol :facepalm:

Oh and OP

I started with Torque as my first ADV and I loved it. Check out Jaba's hookah from Electric Cigarettes | E Cigarettes Canada | Buy Electronic Cigarettes I think they have a BnM in montreal now too.

chet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I'm a big Halo fan. Their recipes are totally one of a kind, and after trying out many juices from many other vendors I pretty much vape Halo exclusively now. Torque 56 is definately one of my favorite, but their Midnight Apple~! Well, that's the only juice I've ever vaped that I can chain vape all day long without getting sick of it. Even with Torque 56 I get sick of it when I vape it all day. I'll have real hard time if I had to pick one out of these two.

Torque definately gives more throat hit and vapor too. There's nothing like this juice. Nothing. I vape 6mg and it gives TH like an 18mg juice while the vapor production is as good as VG only juice. It's like magic. When I vape 6mg Midnight Apple it gives me very little throat hit, just like any other 6mg juices, and the vapor production is not as good as Torque either. But it's just that crazy addictive flavor that makes me chain vape everytime I put this on.

Other Halo juices I recommend are Cafe Mocha and Longhorn. They're both new flavors at Halo. Cafe Mocha tastes just like what its name suggests. Longhorn is quite tobacco like taste. In fact it's the most tobacco like juice I've ever vaped so far, so anyone into tobacco taste might want to give this one a shot.

Last edited:
On Halo: I have not noticed sauerkraut or fart smell when vaping. That sounds disgusting though. Sometimes I taste something like molasses when vaping Torque 56 but I like it so no problems there.

It's been about 2 months now that I'm vaping Torque 56 exclusively and still not tired of it. I do occasionally switch to Halo's Tribeca which is a bit sweeter and I enjoy it in the evening.

I'm still open to trying different companies and flavours for E-Liquid but so far, I find Torque 56 tastes best cuz it somehow reminds me of real tobacco and the throat hit is superb.

I'm now looking for E-Liquid that has a strong throat hit with 0 nicotine but I've been told that's just not possible..

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto

I loved Torque 56 until my friend told me the second hand smelled like sauerkraut , after that all I could taste was sauerkrut - totally ruined it for me, it was my ADV to! I withheld sharing this as I didn't want to ruin anyone elses vaping experience with this juice..now I'm kind of curious to see if it was just my tastebuds changing or if anyone else has this experience after reading this.
Apologies in advanve if I ruined this juice forever for you :p

This is funny because I find it smells like fart after a while ... ruined it for me but i keep going back until i notice the fart smell again lol :facepalm:

Oh and OP

I started with Torque as my first ADV and I loved it. Check out Jaba's hookah from Electric Cigarettes | E Cigarettes Canada | Buy Electronic Cigarettes I think they have a BnM in montreal now too.

I have not tried that Halo but I do like sauerkraut so maybe my farts smell a bit like sauerkraut.
When I started, I was a bit fixated on looking for the perfect flavour that tasted just like my brand of cigs. After a while I just gave up because nothing even came close to Rot Lungs (Rothmans).
After a while, the act of vaping became associated with the taste of RY4 and it became difficult to even remember the taste of my original brand.
Try to think back if you have ever had difficulty finding your brand while traveling abroad. It is relativly easy for you to get used to another taste after a week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread