Me too.
fingers-crossed-emoticon.gif

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I just got logged off again, but here's a new interesting tidbit--the site doesn't remember my user name, but it remembers my password, for some reason. I need to type my name in, but the password is there as soon as I click on the box... How odd is that?

When I use my father's computer the same thing always happens. The password is linked to your user name. It fills in the password because you've already entered your user name. If you started with the password box, it wouldn't fill it in.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
When I use my father's computer the same thing always happens. The password is linked to your user name. It fills in the password because you've already entered your user name. If you started with the password box, it wouldn't fill it in.

You live and you learn... Thank you, Poeia!

But if I typed in the password, would my user name fill in automatically?

I'm not going to log out just to find out! :D

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
When I was booted off yesterday I had to type in my username but not my password, It remembered my password. Go figure.

I don't know. I always start with the user name. I suppose it depends on how autofill is set up.

Thank you ladies.

Anyway, I haven't been logged off in the last few hours, so maybe there is hope. :D

I know, Terry, I know--famous last words.

I hope I haven't jinxed it. :facepalm:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
It's all part of testing to see if the issue can be narrowed down to a specific cause.

I don't have any issues on Linux using Firefox and/or Chrome. Haven't really tested much with Windows (which I'll do later this morning). But I'm not running anything that deals with cookies, either. Some of the security suites like Norton, McAfee, etc. DO deal with cookies. If we can rule out certain things, it makes troubleshooting that much easier.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
running windows here with ff and adblocker and the problem seems to be resolved for me ..............

i still think it has to be related to which server you end up on

i don't agree with your deduction because whoever still has a problem did not get logged out before whatever changes were made. and i can't imagine that the nature of the cookies themselves is different now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread