The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

This is interesting. Another product to head off shorts and prevent thermal runaway in Li-ion batteries.

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by Mudflap, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mudflap

Mudflap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    Tyler, Texas
  2. pianoguy

pianoguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 4, 2009
    Apple Valley, MN
    *adds to massive list of e-cig bookmarks*

3. Sterno

Sterno ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2010
    Oklahoma City
    sounds like a must have thanks Tripp

4. redeyedancer

redeyedancer Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2010
    Maine
    Thanks for sharing Tripp I contacted the company for a sample for testing . I have done some test on my own with a inline fuse and had great results. I would need to add some length to the battery chamber in the grands to make me comfortable as far as spring room is concerned .Grands could be modified real easy to accommodate this fuse. This would fit in the 18490 I believe the mini is out of the ?

5. Decidion

Decidion Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2011
    Washington State
    This sounds really cool!

The one question I have is how far does the contact protrude from the disk? If it's not as far as the nipple on a AW IMR 18650, then you will have to depress the button further to make contact. This may give some folks with the button top some problems if the button top is seated too far down the button. This is the same problem people face using the flat top Panasonic 18650s from Orbtronic.

It's workable, it would just be nice to know beforehand.

6. Sterno

May 12, 2010
    Oklahoma City
    couldnt you just put it on the negative end of the batt between it and the spring :confused:

7. Sterno

May 12, 2010
    Oklahoma City
    i just hope they have plenty in stock so they have em in on the 3rd when i get paid

8. redeyedancer

Feb 4, 2010
    Maine
    Yes you can put it on the negative end

9. redeyedancer

Feb 4, 2010
    Maine
    The button tops can be adjusted . You can put a shim on top of the old button before you install the new button top to keep it from sliding down the shaft as far . From what I was reading on the short stop you can use it on the negative end

10. rc10mike

rc10mike Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Good point about the flat tops and firing pin no longer reaching, but it is possible to pop the button tops off with a flat head screwdriver. Ive done it with my Grand before with no issue.

11. Decidion

Decidion Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2011
    Washington State
    Ok, I see that big white arc area...I guess that is a contact area for the spring. When I first looked at it, I was thinking that only the smaller center cap in the center was the contact area...which looks like it would only make intermittent contact with the spring.

12. hildicat

hildicat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    SoCal
    Hey Rob, can you elaborate on the modification need to use this on the Grand with an AW IMR 18650. This looks very interesting. Also, don't know if this is covered anywhere in the documentation, but is this a single use item? Meaning, can it be used over and over again, or is it spent after one short. If it can be set in place and forgotten about it would be cheaper than replacement springs.

13. Sterno

May 12, 2010
    Oklahoma City
    it is not disposable like the vape safe fuse it still works after a short

14. hildicat

hildicat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    SoCal
    Ah! perfect, thanks!

15. redeyedancer

Feb 4, 2010
    Maine
    It can be used over and over again . I sent the company a email I haven't got a reply yet . As far as the grand goes I would need to remove a little material from the bottom of the mod were the spring makes contact with the body . If anyone wants this done to there grand there welcome to send it to me I have done this for a couple people and I am happy to

16. redeyedancer

Feb 4, 2010
    Maine
    I am going to make a new 510 connection for all of my mods soon . This will be a short proof system it will be impossible to make the positive and negative connections make contact . I feel this is a weak point in all electronic e cigarets .

17. nerak

nerak ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sounds wonderful Robert! I see another patent on the drawing board! Can always count on you to make the REO experience better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.