This is interesting. Another product to head off shorts and prevent thermal runaway in Li-ion batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Thanks for sharing Tripp I contacted the company for a sample for testing . I have done some test on my own with a inline fuse and had great results. I would need to add some length to the battery chamber in the grands to make me comfortable as far as spring room is concerned .Grands could be modified real easy to accommodate this fuse. This would fit in the 18490 I believe the mini is out of the ?

Decidion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Washington State
This sounds really cool!

The one question I have is how far does the contact protrude from the disk? If it's not as far as the nipple on a AW IMR 18650, then you will have to depress the button further to make contact. This may give some folks with the button top some problems if the button top is seated too far down the button. This is the same problem people face using the flat top Panasonic 18650s from Orbtronic.

It's workable, it would just be nice to know beforehand.

Sterno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2010
Oklahoma City
www.reosmods.com
This sounds really cool!

The one question I have is how far does the contact protrude from the disk? If it's not as far as the nipple on a AW IMR 18650, then you will have to depress the button further to make contact. This may give some folks with the button top some problems if the button top is seated too far down the button. This is the same problem people face using the flat top Panasonic 18650s from Orbtronic.

couldnt you just put it on the negative end of the batt between it and the spring :confused:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
This sounds really cool!

The button tops can be adjusted . You can put a shim on top of the old button before you install the new button top to keep it from sliding down the shaft as far . From what I was reading on the short stop you can use it on the negative end

Decidion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Washington State
couldnt you just put it on the negative end of the batt between it and the spring :confused:

Yes you can put it on the negative end

Ok, I see that big white arc area...I guess that is a contact area for the spring. When I first looked at it, I was thinking that only the smaller center cap in the center was the contact area...which looks like it would only make intermittent contact with the spring.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Thanks for sharing Tripp I contacted the company for a sample for testing . I have done some test on my own with a inline fuse and had great results. I would need to add some length to the battery chamber in the grands to make me comfortable as far as spring room is concerned .Grands could be modified real easy to accommodate this fuse. This would fit in the 18490 I believe the mini is out of the ?

Hey Rob, can you elaborate on the modification need to use this on the Grand with an AW IMR 18650. This looks very interesting. Also, don't know if this is covered anywhere in the documentation, but is this a single use item? Meaning, can it be used over and over again, or is it spent after one short. If it can be set in place and forgotten about it would be cheaper than replacement springs.

Sterno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2010
Oklahoma City
www.reosmods.com
Hey Rob, can you elaborate on the modification need to use this on the Grand with an AW IMR 18650. This looks very interesting. Also, don't know if this is covered anywhere in the documentation, but is this a single use item? Meaning, can it be used over and over again, or is it spent after one short. If it can be set in place and forgotten about it would be cheaper than replacement springs.

it is not disposable like the vape safe fuse it still works after a short
neat thing that ShortStop brings to the table is that it does not self destruct after protecting you

Last edited:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
It can be used over and over again . I sent the company a email I haven't got a reply yet . As far as the grand goes I would need to remove a little material from the bottom of the mod were the spring makes contact with the body . If anyone wants this done to there grand there welcome to send it to me I have done this for a couple people and I am happy to

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I am going to make a new 510 connection for all of my mods soon . This will be a short proof system it will be impossible to make the positive and negative connections make contact . I feel this is a weak point in all electronic e cigarets .

Sounds wonderful Robert! I see another patent on the drawing board! Can always count on you to make the REO experience better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread