• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

This may not fit here but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

WerewolfalThor

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Chandler, AZ, USA
I know this isn't an accessories forum but I trust my local peeps.
I'm having issues with my Kanger T3s flooding. The amount I draw seems to have no effect. Light draw, mild, medium, heavy. All end up with a flooded tank. Tried removing one "flavor" wick and then both then replacing one, no difference. Any suggestions?

BennyChrist

May 2, 2013
phx
Might just be a bad coil head I know even though kanger makes rock solid stuff but I did hear about a batch of bad T3's got mine about a month ago at hi-Tec and when I baught it apparently there was a bad batch luckily mines working fine. Try cleaning and when cleaning remove extra wicks and do a little dry burn then put them back if it's thinner liquid you will need both also maybe raise your voltage that's all I really got hope at least one of those helps im not an expert though might just need a new head :/.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Maybe some of the info. in this thread will be helpful? The pipecleaner or Q-Tip is smart for blocking when filling or for quickly clearing liquid from the center tube, and of course, blowing them clear from the mouthpiece. When possible, keep the tank full and never below 1/3 full of eliquid ("topped off"). This helps maintain the "vacuum" in the tank and prevent leaks. What a pain tho... (I don't use these, mainly because of these types of issues reported, so I can't chime in too much). http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/smokeless-image/448295-im-done-t3-minis.html

If you get sick of jerking around with them, perhaps a BCC style tank would suit you better? I've used several types and pretty much have had none of the issues that the T-3 has and I think I received one bad head in the batch of everything I've bought.

I switched over to BCC tanks recently (Got them around 2-1/2 to 3 months ago. I gave up on cartomizers with slide in tanks. Ugh!) and I'm using ProTanks, IClear30s and AnyVape BCC tanks and Kanger Evod tanks and love them all. I usually turn the silicone top piece upside down and fluff/leave all the flavor wicks in (and use liquids ranging from 100% vg to 70/30 pg/vg) and never have a leak, dry hit, flavor fade or feed problem with any of them. If I really want to, I can rebuild them, but replacements usually can be had on sale with coupon codes for a decent price and I'm getting decent long life out of each atty head. LOVE these and vaping is GOOD these days (for me anyways, YMMV).

BennyChrist

May 2, 2013
phx
I hear that allot about fill when it gets to a 1/3 of the tank too I found oddly enough if you tip it T3 when it's lower no gargling but that's just my experience I think it works cause since it is bcc when it's just sitting there it is soaking up juice so when I tip it, it doesn't pull more in but I still get a full wet vape I guess reverse of top coil tipping or something ;)

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I use T3's as my mainstay attachment out and about. Due to the various problems with the T3 I've learned how to rebuild them. Evods and Protanks can fall prey to the same issues.

1) Keep the tank topped off above 1/3 to 1/2, especially during this hot season I've noticed the ambient temperature affects viscosity of my liquids, making them thinner, so more prone to seep and leak, most my liquids I use 50/50 or thicker, couple are 40/60 and 30/70, thinner the liquid more prone to seeping.

2) Regular cleaning of the heads. Rinsing them in warm water every refill or every other refill gets a lot of gunk out of the wicks that can make the coil not burn properly.

3) Every week a good soak in vodka or everclear for about 10 minutes, then a let dry and dry burn the coils, followed by another warm water rinse and let dry keeps the carbon and other gunk off the coils regularly.

4) Maybe look into rebuilding the heads. Presently I've switched from standard silica wick to 1, 1.5, or 2mm Ekowool, little more expensive than standard silica, but it soaks and wicks better, and holds liquid instead of seeping a lot better over silica. I can vape an entire tank down to basically the inner gasket that meets the air tube without much gurgle or pooling in the positive post of my power bases. Seen an interesting mod that uses stainless steel mesh with either ekowool sheathing or a liner of cheese cloth between the coil and mesh to prevent shorts, have heard rumor it wicks like a champ without leaks and gurgles and such.

Another alternative if you like the bottom coil design is the VapeOnly or iSmoka BCC, but where the Kanger heads have a hole in the center of the positive post, the BCC doesn't you might look into investing into these then.

If you go the rebuild methods, and wish to stay with silica, remember the default T3/Evod/Protank head uses a single wick at 2mm with 2 1mm top loose wicks. A single folded 2mm wick with no top floating wicks or a single strand 3mm with 2 1mm floating wicks kind of reduces the fault by almost 75% to nil, the channel the wicks fit in when all assembled is about 4 or 5mm, that and the stock head the coil sits parallel to the channel, I've found on rebuilds if you pull the coil further into the cup of the head closer to the bottom, also reduces the leaking and seeping, get an occasional gurgle after a little rest, but with the coil down further in the cup, it kind of boils and eventually atomizes this pool, downside to this is it creates residue and gunk quicker, thus meaning need to clean the head more often, and rinse and clean the tank every refill or every other refill. If you are at the next West Side meet I can give some pointers and such if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread