This maybe be too much to ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I ordered and received all of my ingredients from Wizard labs. I ordered the following:
-250ml VG
-18mg Nic PG blend
- Flavoring: Tiramisu, Milk Chocolate, Belgian Waffle, Vanilla Cupcake, Strawberries & Cream, and Banana Cream
(ALL TFA)

Could someone help me formulate a juice recipe for a 10 or 15ml bottle with Target 6mg Nic with detail with just the ingredients I have. One flavor or two flavors would be good enough for me and I dont care much for the PG/VG Ratio. I've tried the calculcators but my juice keeps turning out bad. I've steeped and still no luck. I keep getting a chemical/plastic/burntpopcorn taste. Please help!

Last edited:

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
Here's a free download for a calculator -

eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

You need to input the Nic, juice, how much to make ( bottle ), what's your target rate for Nicotine and the ratio you want.....looks like 100%VG, ect

I would start with 1 flavor then trying to mix a few flavors together...just to get the hang of it. Single flavors are very vape-able after a day or 2.

Good Luck to You!!!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So I ordered and received all of my ingredients from Wizard labs. I ordered the following:
-250ml VG
-18mg Nic PG blend
- Flavoring: Tiramisu, Milk Chocolate, Belgian Waffle, Vanilla Cupcake, Strawberries & Cream, and Banana Cream

Could someone help me formulate a juice recipe for a 10 or 15ml bottle with Target 6mg Nic with detail with just the ingredients I have. One flavor or two flavors would be good enough for me and I dont care much for the PG/VG Ratio. I've tried the calculcators but my juice keeps turning out bad. I've steeped and still no luck. I keep getting a chemical/plastic/burntpopcorn taste. Please help!

The Very First thing you need to do when you receive some New Nicotine Base (or VG or PG) is to Dilute a Small Amount of the Nicotine Base down to the mg Level that you Normally Use, and then Vape it Without Flavorings.

Once you Know that it is Relatively Tasteless, which 6mg should be, you can go from there.

Another thing. How long are you letting your Mixes sit Before you Try Them?

And what type of Total Flavoring Percentages are you using?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Steeped for 2 weeks. All the flavorings are TFA also I've considered different flavor percentages for each flavor because they are different in how potent they are. I used the TFA flavor start pecentage list on reddit.

2 Weeks for the Flavors you Listed should be More than Enough.

Have you tried Vaping some 6mg Unflavored to see what it Tastes like?

Can you Post a Recipe or a General Total Flavor Percentage?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
zoiDman, Yes I have and I also have tried vaping the VG itself and they both seem fine.

The most recent recipe I have tried was a 10ml Target 6mg nic:
3.3ml 18mg Nic PG blend
5.7ml Pure VG
1.0ml TFA Banana Cream

Your Recipe looks very Middle of the Road Flavor wise.

The One thing I would suggest for a Flavor like this is to Consider Using some Sweetener. I like TFA Sweetener which is Sucralose in PG. Or Many People like using Cotton Cady Flavoring as a Sweetener.

BTW - One thing to note about using Sucralose as a Sweetener. There is No Steeping Time Needed. So if want to make a Steeped Mix Sweeter, just add a Drop or Two, Shake, and you are Ready to Vape.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you Hoosier and zoiDamn for the help and tips. I think I've got all the help I've needed. I will try making juice again in the late afternoon and hopefully be more successful. Got new flavorings coming in from Capella since I think it was the flavoring from TFA that made my e juice taste weird.

DIY does take a Certain amount of Experimentation. But you will Find what your are Looking for.

And I believe that for Non-Tobacco Flavors, that you Don't need to wait a Full 2 Weeks to Steep an New Mix. I think you would see Most of the Flavor Change occur after 3 ~ 5 Days.

Or at Least Enough to know if a Recipe is Very Close to what you want.

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Florida (east coast)
First time I hear that TFA makes juice taste weird but good luck getting better from Capella.

You need to realize its most often the person mixing making the juice bad and not the flavor. Many shops around the globe use TFA and they are probably the most used by the ecig industry overall. Even those who use FW, CAP, FA or IW often use some TFA flavors along side other brands. What I can tell you the Tiramisu and Banana Cream are both super potent. All TFA Banana flavors are potent due to heavy solvents which go away over time. Some of the TFA flavors are just insanely potent and not that great for vaping which Tiramisu is one of those.

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
I use 10% on my TFA flavors if they are single flavored juices. I like FLAVOR and I want it NOW so it's really nice and flavorful right after mixing. If you plan on steeping I wouldn't recommend that high of a percentage.

If you're wanting a 50/50 mix you're good with what you have by adding half of your 12mg/ml pg nicotine to half of your vg base.

First time I hear that TFA makes juice taste weird but good luck getting better from Capella.

You need to realize its most often the person mixing making the juice bad and not the flavor. Many shops around the globe use TFA and they are probably the most used by the ecig industry overall. Even those who use FW, CAP, FA or IW often use some TFA flavors along side other brands. What I can tell you the Tiramisu and Banana Cream are both super potent. All TFA Banana flavors are potent due to heavy solvents which go away over time. Some of the TFA flavors are just insanely potent and not that great for vaping which Tiramisu is one of those.

So you are you saying that I can't make an enjoyable TFA Tiramisu flavor? I had made a 10ml bottle of it before but being the first time making eJuice I tried 10% total flavoring into the mix. Im going to try 2% this time for a 10ml bottle and see how it goes. I saw on reddit that people thought that Tiramisu was a great standalone. So it was my fault and I will try again late this afternoon.

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
So you are you saying that I can't make an enjoyable TFA Tiramisu flavor? I had made a 10ml bottle of it before but being the first time making eJuice I tried 10% total flavoring into the mix. Im going to try 2% this time for a 10ml bottle and see how it goes. I saw on reddit that people thought that Tiramisu was a great standalone. So it was my fault and I will try again late this afternoon.

I use Tiramisu at <1%, usually 1-2 drops only, in 10-15ml.
Then add 5-7% Vanilla Cupcake to help smooth is out a bit.

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Florida (east coast)

I don't know if you can make an enjoyable TFA Tiramisu. What I do know is that some of these flavors are insanely potent. It's not always the flavor itself but the chemicals used to mimic flavors as well as the solvents that don't vape so well. You can buy cheap Vanilla in the store that works great to make a cake since the alcohol cooks away. Use that same flavoring in a pudding or something that does not get cooked and it likely wont be so great. where as there are better quality Vanillas with less alcohol that will work much better to make a superior pudding.

Tried the Tiramisu myself early on and had terrible results but I wont blame TFA for that. We all taste things differently and different devices can also change flavors drastically. I love me some Caramel Mocha in a cheap clearo with high resistance. But put that stuff in a Kayfun style or Dripper at sub ohm and it's like vaping the smell of hot asphalt. Sadly I prefer sub ohm which cooks most coffee flavors so I don't do coffee. Some people say the FA version is better so I might try that soon. I just have so many other flavors that keep me on cloud 9 already.

I also found this for you. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/435432-tiramisu.html

Last edited:

Steve K

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2012
Philadelphia,Pa

If the TFA Tiramisu is anything like the FA Tiramisu,Which I have, Then I can't see this as a standalone flavor,It really needs to have something added to it like Marshmallow, I add Fudge Brownie or Chocolate Coconut Almond from Capella to it and use 1% to 2% of Tiramisu.Those mixed flavors sweeten it as well.The smell of it in the bottle is similar to burnt tires

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread