This white poly-fill crap is driving me crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sick of the polyfil fibers, too, and was thinking about trying to make a cap from the gold screen from a Mr. Coffee permanent coffee filter, then tried this: I had a small polyfill wad - maybe 2/3 the normal size - that came in one of the pre-filled 501 cartridges in my kit. I put it on a PTB - off to one side, not in the middle - and rolled it up, folded it in half so one side held the polyfil and the other was just PTB, stuffed it into the cartridge, and trimmed it to fit. I like mine down maybe an eigth of an inch from the top, but that's just my preference.

The idea is to not roll it too tight or it won't hold inside the cartridge - you can suck it out of the cartridge when you puff - and it won't absorb much liquid; it took me a couple of tries, so try not to do like me: test it dry first. Re-rolling it when it's loaded was a bear...

The polyfil makes a good resevoir and the PTB makes a good channel to the atomizer.

I was only trying to contain the fibers and fiddled around with this before I started hacking into the coffee filter. That it worked so much better than polyfil or PTB alone was a bonus.

If you have PTB's around, try it. It only takes a minute or two.

The PTB_Straw mod is putting a material that is toxic when overheated way too close to a heat source.

I'm shocked at what some people will experiment with in their lungs. Fish filters. Polyethylene straws. Yee gads, people: you need your lungs. What does it profit us to stop sucking in tobacco carcinogens only to replace them with petrochemical carcingoens?

- Tinker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread