Thoughts from falling off the wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffadder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Punta Gorda Belize / NJ
I have now had 5 analogs and feel like s:censored:t! Not for guilt about falling off the wagon so much as physically. My sinus' are swelling up, I have a headache and generally feel blah.

I was expecting to hate the smell and taste which wasn't the experience but am now realizing just how much better I felt when vaping compared to analogs. When I had to switch back to analogs due to supply issues I was afraid I'd get hooked on them again and start craving that 'missing ingredient' from vaping but can honestly say I can't wait to be able to vape again.

Anyone know a vendor that ships via carrier pigeon? I think it would be faster than the mail service in Belize!

Also has anyone ever tried extracting their own nic juice from analogs. I am seriously considering steeping some in strong rum to make my own tincture to use in a DIY homebrew as a temp solution. Not concerned with the flavor at this point.

Edit: I'm not looking to kill myself with pure nicotine just wondering if there is a method to safely get some juice from either alcohol tincture or boiling in distilled water that can be mixed with glycerin to vape

Last edited:

morepyro

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
Mooresville, NC
If you look here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/liquid-extraction-tobacco/ you will find plenty of information on how to make an extract from tobacco.

Unfortunately for you (in this case) the consensus is that you will not be able to get an appreciable amount of nicotine this way - just flavor. So it probably won't help you get over the hump until your shipment arrives.

Puffadder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Punta Gorda Belize / NJ
If you look here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/liquid-extraction-tobacco/ you will find plenty of information on how to make an extract from tobacco.

Unfortunately for you (in this case) the consensus is that you will not be able to get an appreciable amount of nicotine this way - just flavor. So it probably won't help you get over the hump until your shipment arrives.

That's for the link and yeah your rightm between wht I read there and other places via google it seems I either won't get much nic or it would take long enough to make that my shipment would be here by the time it's done. Plus it seems that outside of the 'need a full lab method' I would end up inhaling most of the same crap I am just smoking so why bother.

C'est la vie

morepyro

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
Mooresville, NC
When I fell off the wagon last year, the first few cigarettes tasted like crap. Then they got better. Then I started liking them. Then I was back to smoking again. It's a slippery slope. It took me a few months to kick the cigarettes again.

Unsolicited advice- if you have to smoke, get the cheapest, nastiest cigarettes you can. Don't use your old brand that you know and love. It might make it easier to give them up again when your shipment arrives.

Another option might be to try nic gum, dissolveable tablets (like Stonewall) or snus to get your nic fix. If you can get plain PG or VG locally, you can vape that to take care of the other part of the smoking sensation.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
When I fell off the wagon last year, the first few cigarettes tasted like crap. Then they got better. Then I started liking them. Then I was back to smoking again. It's a slippery slope. It took me a few months to kick the cigarettes again.

Man... I was in that movie to. A couple of times.

You know what is the worst about it? Is you know all that hard work you did to get to that point is now a Complete Waste. And that you are going to have to do it All over again.

Trust me Puffadder. Do yourself a HUGE favor. Don't do anymore analogs again. Period.

morepyro

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
Mooresville, NC
Man... I was in that movie to. A couple of times.

You know what is the worst about it? Is you know all that hard work you did to get to that point is now a Complete Waste. And that you are going to have to do it All over again.

That's what always did me in every time I quit, and later fell off the wagon. It was a lot easier to resist the temptation when I could tell myself "Don't do it, you haven't had a cigarette for 3 months". Once I had that first one, the clock started over. So if a few days later when the craving hit again, I couldn't say that it had been 3 months. I would think "Oh, it's only been a few days, no big loss. I'll smoke tonight while I'm out drinking, and then quit again tomorrow."

And it was all downhill from there.

Puffadder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Punta Gorda Belize / NJ
Don't beat yourself up, and ponder this.

If it wasn't for the stinkies, vaping wouldn't exist at all.

+1 on That!

Nah I'm cool with it right now. I live in a remote part of Belize so there are very few options. The national cig are putrid which says something about my addiction since I've been smoking them for 8 years now. I wish I could get snus here but again....well let me put it this way pretzels are one of my favorite snacks (originally a philly/SJ guy) and even crappy pretzels are a rarity and a delicacy here.

I actually had a really easy time switching from smoking to vaping and that was with a Smoke 51 kit and some crappy USA 8mg liquid. When the 510's and boge cartos get here with some decent juice I should be in heaven. :vapor:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread