Thoughts on my first week vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boiller

Dec 16, 2017
Portugal
Hi everyone, new to the forum but I'm so glad it exists, it's the best source of information on vaping.

After spending my last weekend researching hardware, juices, coils and whatnot, last Monday I decided to finally get into this so I can drop analogs completely. I hated more and more having my clothes and breath stinky, scratchy throat, etc. None of those now :thumb:

So, nearly one week after, I'm extremely glad I switched over.

I'm rocking a Voopoo Drag (2x VTC5A) with a Big Baby Beast tank. First few days I used the pre-installed X4 .15 Ohm which was fine. Tried the pre-assembled RBA deck with the dual Claptons which improved flavor a bit, but had terrible spitback (I'm guessing bad wicking, was my first time). I'll try some more exotic coil wires in the future.

But today, I completed my first handmade coil build. Dual 3mm ID, round 316L 7 wraps for .28 Ohm. I even managed to make them without a single hotspot in the first dry burn, completely even ramp up!

cykU0Evl.jpg

Also, since I finished my first 40mL yesterday, today I had to get some more and I splurged on some Dinner Lady Lemon Tart. LOVING IT. It's my favorite dessert so these 60mL might not last long. Also have an order from Nova Vapes (Classics) on the mail, as well as a Zeus RTA!

I'm loving this every second, not only because I'm leaving the stinky analogs behind, but because I love tinkering hobbies. Now that I have an SS build, I'm gonna try and learn the temperature control on my Drag!

Best regards, Merry Holidays everyone!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi everyone, new to the forum but I'm so glad it exists, it's the best source of information on vaping.

After spending my last weekend researching hardware, juices, coils and whatnot, last Monday I decided to finally get into this so I can drop analogs completely. I hated more and more having my clothes and breath stinky, scratchy throat, etc. None of those now :thumb:

So, nearly one week after, I'm extremely glad I switched over.

I'm rocking a Voopoo Drag (2x VTC5A) with a Big Baby Beast tank. First few days I used the pre-installed X4 .15 Ohm which was fine. Tried the pre-assembled RBA deck with the dual Claptons which improved flavor a bit, but had terrible spitback (I'm guessing bad wicking, was my first time). I'll try some more exotic coil wires in the future.

But today, I completed my first handmade coil build. Dual 3mm ID, round 316L 7 wraps for .28 Ohm. I even managed to make them without a single hotspot in the first dry burn, completely even ramp up!

cykU0Evl.jpg

Also, since I finished my first 40mL yesterday, today I had to get some more and I splurged on some Dinner Lady Lemon Tart. LOVING IT. It's my favorite dessert so these 60mL might not last long. Also have an order from Nova Vapes (Classics) on the mail, as well as a Zeus RTA!

I'm loving this every second, not only because I'm leaving the stinky analogs behind, but because I love tinkering hobbies. Now that I have an SS build, I'm gonna try and learn the temperature control on my Drag!

Best regards, Merry Holidays everyone!

Right On Boiller. Sounds like you have Really Hit the Road Running.

:thumb:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
You get it, vaping can get much better as you progress.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome and well done. You sound like you've hit the ground running, so keep up the good work. Just so you know, since you say you're new, the coil you have pictured is a "spaced coil" meaning the loops don't touch one another (a "contact coil"). It's much easier to avoid hot spots with spaced coils.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread