Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Been vaping over 10yrs had zero problems with quitting cigarettes with traditional ejuice now it seems most all shops are pushing salt nic

That's because all the New mods that are coming out are mtl low consumption pod mods...

You don't have to use the higher mg salts if you don't want, in an open system its your choice, but for some people it's needed since consumption is so low.

I quit smoking (32 year habit) using an ego/ce4 set up on 18mg freebase nicotine, but my husband who has about 10 years smoking on me, needed the higher mg salts to make a full switch.

I started him on 18mg freebase which wasnt enough, switched him to 50 mg salts and he switched over fully to vaping, then I quickly dropped him down to 25mg salts which is where he is now..

Salts overall are just PH balanced in most instances to remove the harshness of the TH, so you can tolerate the higher mg nicotine.. there's no way I could have ever gone above 18mg with freebase, and have so much throat damage from smoking that I work very hard to remove all TH from my ejuice even yet today.. (I mix at 3mg using salt base for myself, running a squonker @ around 20 watts, .7 ohm coil)

Of course, it's not for everyone.. some people like TH... I sent a bottle or two of some juice I mixed to a friend, and he'd never experienced juice without TH before - I think he preferred freebase in the end.. lol

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Been vaping over 10yrs had zero problems with quitting cigarettes with traditional ejuice now it seems most all shops are pushing salt nic

Hi Hillbilly! If you're happy with freebase, stay with freebase. Some of those salts are created using somewhat questionable acids. I use salts occasionally, same strength as freebase. If you're curious, try them. :)

Nicotine Comparisons

And welcome back!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I don't care for th so mix at 9mg same mg as the freebase I was buying before starting diy. Other than th there is very little difference. Some say that salts take effect faster but that has not been my experience using it.

@Kurt speculated that salts are absorbed more readily in the lungs, thus mimicking cigarette smoking, but I don't know if that has been definitively established.

Research claims vape nic more addicting than cig nic

Reactions: Opinionated

Molchi

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2017
Germany
Just watched a video from a toxicologist yesterday, he explained that the science so far shows that salt nic gets absorbed way slower than "regular" nic, and Juul who is saying the opposite doesn't show any data which proves their statement.
The questionable acids is normally benzoic acid, which when it gets heated up can become benzol, a well known carcinogen, i think thats the reason why salts are suggested to mtl'ers only most of the time, to keep the risk as low as possible.

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread