Thoughts on Smok TFv4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugerNumber9

Sep 28, 2015
Ive been using the tank for a day or so and I'm not sure yet what to think of it. The tank first off looks amazing, the setup is great, but I feel like the performance lacks a bit. Im not sure if the problems I am having are from the tank itself or maybe the e juice or what. But the flavor is really lacking, I have just been using the triple coil as of now. I will try the quad coil here soon and hopefully I see a difference. With the triple coil though I get a very burnt taste and nothing impressive on the vapor production at all. Maybe it was from not properly saturating the coil before use, however, I feel like I juiced the coil very well before using it. But it is not nearly as great as it was hyped up to be. I still have a hard time believing this considering how much people seem to love it. Are there any people with similar opinions or those that possibly have suggestions to improve the tank? Also I am not a veteran vaper or anything like that so the issues I am having can very well be caused by my lack of knowledge with handling mods. I am just not sure. There are alot of variables to consider.

Younghorsejr

Jul 21, 2015
I have had one for about a month now. One of the first things I noticed was that the quad coil delivers much better flavor than the triple coil, IMO. Try swapping out the triple for the quad and see if you notice a difference as well.
Ok great I will try that. Do you like the tank overall? This is pretty much my first time experimenting with mods too so there is definitely alot to learn, especially with these heavy duty tanks like the tfv4. I just hope I am doing everything the right way

RugerNumber9

Sep 28, 2015
Love mine but wicking the single rba is a bit of a pita. got some tips here and gonna try again with some throw away juice, ive lost at least 90mL of juice trying to wick the thing right.flavor from the stock quad is on point for me at 70 watts.
Ya I also use unflavored nicotine base for my e juice to so that might be a reason why it doesnt taste great but I am getting a burnt taste from it. I also have an iJust 2 though and it tastes even better on that tbh which I find surprising

Lova

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2014
Finland
Ya I also use unflavored nicotine base for my e juice to so that might be a reason why it doesnt taste great but I am getting a burnt taste from it. I also have an iJust 2 though and it tastes even better on that tbh which I find surprising
Have you primed the coils by putting liquid on the cotton inside the coilhead. As the coilheads are wicked with cotton, if you don't prime them with liquid, you will burn the cotton inside thr coilhead causing burnt taste. My friend just recently got TFV4 and Smok XPro M80, and the flavor is quite good with even freshly mixed vanilla-liqourice liquid on max VG base. Start off using the coils at 20 or 30W and go up from there.

Me and my friend fogged up my friends whole apartment in about 15 minutes with that tank using the triplecoil, keep in mind my friends apartment is a 55 square meters and multiple doors. We had to open the balcony door to vent out the vapor, so performance is awesome. Might want to try using max VG liquids in the TFV4 as PG is so thin it might leak a lot, and also VG makes the vapor amount larger

RugerNumber9

Sep 28, 2015
I actually drowned the thing in juice before I used it lol. I was sure to saturate it before I actually vaped it because I did not want to burn the cotton at all and it had a burnt taste with the unflavored nic base but once I added flavoring it started to go away. It's not the best flavor as of yet but definitely better than before. I'm vaping it at 80watts right now and when I take the longer hits I get a slightly burn taste but the shorter hits seem ok. I'm almost convinced it is the juice though and that's what I'm really hoping for. I haven't even tried the rba yet though so hopefully I see a change in that. Also several people suggested to vape at a lower wattage but with the tfv4 you really don't get anything below 60 watts

Last edited:

RugerNumber9

Sep 28, 2015
Also I'm a fairly new vaper(I'm using the smok x cube 2 and it's pretty much my first mod) and so I'm not as knowledgeable with these kind of things and when I notice it doesn't work the first time I almost give up rather than trying alternative methods as other vapers do. I know it doesn't always work the first time but I become defeated when this happens lol and pretty much blame everything on myself. There's just so many variables to consider from the wicking to the juice to the tank, mod and even batteries that it can be overwhelming. But if those that have used the tfv4 or even the x cube 2(or just vapers in general) could give me an idea of how I could go about these situations and try alternatives to try and better my vaping I would definitely appreciate it

VaporDaze

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2015
Denver, CO
If you are getting the burnt taste in the tank still, I would try putting in a new coil with a 50/50 juice just so it will soak up fairly quick and start at low wattage (50) and work your way up to where you like it. Make sure to prime the coil first by putting a few drops on the cotton then let it sit in a filled tank for a little but because once you burn the cotton, it will always taste like it and the coil is done. Don't give up, because once you get the perfect vape out of the device/tank you will be smiling from ear to ear :) very rarely have I been satisfied with something the first time I use it, it normally takes me a bit of tinkering to find out where I like it

Younghorsejr

Jul 21, 2015
If you are getting the burnt taste in the tank still, I would try putting in a new coil with a 50/50 juice just so it will soak up fairly quick and start at low wattage (50) and work your way up to where you like it. Make sure to prime the coil first by putting a few drops on the cotton then let it sit in a filled tank for a little but because once you burn the cotton, it will always taste like it and the coil is done. Don't give up, because once you get the perfect vape out of the device/tank you will be smiling from ear to ear :) very rarely have I been satisfied with something the first time I use it, it normally takes me a bit of tinkering to find out where I like it
Thanks well I am glad to hear that. And ya I'll hang in there lol. It was really disappointing to get the smok x cube 2 and tfv4 thinking it was going to be the greatest setup and then having problems with it but I know the vaping experience that everyone talks about is out there and I just have to try some new things in order to find it. The other problem is that I am limited in the amount that I can invest into vaping which will definitely slow down that process but so far I love everything about vaping and the community and I just want to find something that works and that I can vape on a regular basis without running into too many problems lol. But I really appreciate all the help from everyone

Jimmy Go

Unresolved Status
Dec 19, 2015
  • Deleted by Spencer87
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread