RDA thoughts on the derringer rda ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haadkoe

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2011
Picked one up yesterday at a local b&m for $30. They told me it was made by plume, so I assume it's a clone.

Overall quality seems very good, although the center post did decide to spin on me when I tightened the grub screw during my first build earlier this am. I just grabbed the post with a pair of pliers and spun it back to center. Next time I rebuild I'll see if I can tighten it one full rotation so it doesn't spin again in the future.

My only other rda is a dark horse clone, so I don't have much to compare it to, but so far I'm impressed with this little guy. Airflow, flavor, and vapor production are all very good on my .20 dual coil build. The juice well is surprisingly deep too, especially considering its overall size.

Not bad at all, IMHO.

I'll need to pick up a delrin drip tip though. Since the top cap and tip are all metal with no delrin/nylon insulator between them (like the dark horse), the drip tip tends to get a bit too hot when chain vaping.

Last edited:

Haadkoe

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2011
The center post isn't threaded. Just give it a wack on the bottom to seat it better and prevent spinning.

Thanks for the heads up!

In other news, when building on this thing be sure that your coils don't stick up past the top of the airflow ring to avoid making contact with the top cap. Obviously that goes for any rebuildable, but since things are tight in this one it's in your best interest to be extra careful. Maybe install the top cap while the Atty is still attached to your meter, just to be on the safe side.

I wasn't as careful as I should have been, took a puff, and saw a bright flash. That flash was a coil leg popping like a fuse, and my top cap attempting to spot weld itself to the deck in one spot.

I won't be making that mistake again.

Poisontail

Verified Member
Fad? If dense, ultra flavorful vapor in a quality device that's super easy to build on and has wide airflow options is a fad...

Your like a sheep and follow the crowds! Any damn rda can do what you just explained cept your on the bandwagon but to each their own!

Derringer is a fad atty imo, tiny and 3 post [emoji107] I'll take a quasar any day also I own a smpl and my stingray x hits ten times harder all authentic! I think the SMPL is a fad mech too! Take it or leave it [emoji12]

So you thumb down tiny and 3 post and then praise the quasar.............which has a tiny deck and is a 3 post atty.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
Your like a sheep and follow the crowds! Any damn rda can do what you just explained cept your on the bandwagon but to each their own!

Disagree. I love the look of my red, aluminum Little Boy, and it does do the clouds!, but compared to my Plume Veils, the flavor is kinda meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread