Thoughts on the Griffin RTA and help choosing my next purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the positive feed back I have been hearing about geekvape products. I went out and bought an Avocado that I love. Also the Griffin is a great product and I can't wait to get my hands on one. And again I keep hearing great things about their rda. The Tsunami. What are people's thoughts?

I was also just checking out GeekVape's website and they have a new forum where I noticed they are giving away to a lucky person a new and improved version of the Griffin called the Griffin 25. It looks pretty amazing. I'll post a link. I look forward to everyone's input and thanks for the help.

Griffin 25 RTA Top airflow GIVEAWAY - Geekvape activities Discussions on Geekvape

Lucas Rong

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2015
If you are on a budget, tsunami rda is pretty hard to beat. Flavor is pretty on point. However, if you do end up getting one make sure you clean out all the machine oil. All of the tsunamis i have got my hands on have machine oil inside the cap and on the deck. Don't take me wrong, that doesn't change the performance.

Now if you want to dabble into the authentic market, the goon rda is a good option with its huge build deck. And if you like two posts, check out the temple rda. They are both 24mm i believe. They run around 50 to 65, affordable authentics.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
With all the positive feed back I have been hearing about geekvape products. I went out and bought an Avocado that I love. Also the Griffin is a great product and I can't wait to get my hands on one. And again I keep hearing great things about their RDA. The Tsunami. What are people's thoughts?

I was also just checking out GeekVape's website and they have a new forum where I noticed they are giving away to a lucky person a new and improved version of the Griffin called the Griffin 25. It looks pretty amazing. I'll post a link. I look forward to everyone's input and thanks for the help.

Griffin 25 RTA Top airflow GIVEAWAY - Geekvape activities Discussions on Geekvape

It really depends on YOUR needs, do you need low ohm builds with high wattage ( 80 - 120w ), massive airflow / clouds and don't mind going through juice like no tomorrow or are you satisfied with lower wattage, less clouds more flavor, tighter draw and less juice consumption ?

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
IMHO if you're looking for a >22mm RTA then its either going to be the Boreas, Supreme, or Herakles (I think this ones 24mm). Point of getting an RTA >22mm other than for a bigger build deck is for more juice capacity. The Griffin/Gemini 25mm only holds about 4.5ml (or was it 5ml?) compared to 3.5ml for its 22mm counterpart. Thats hardly a significant upgrade.

I have the griffin 22mm, preordered the 25mm but cancelled once I saw other products that offered more ie: The Supreme which I got but waiting and the herakles which I'm going to get once I can find a source here.

I think the argument for vapor production is moot. Assuming the same build, I cannot tell a difference in vapor production on RTAs that I bought in 2016. Flavor wise there might be a slight difference. The Griffin has slightly better flavor than my Smok TF RTA G2. But the billow v2, bellus, and Zephyrus V2 wins hands down in flavor within my RTAs and those date back to 2015.

Reactions: MMW
It really depends on YOUR needs, do you need low ohm builds with high wattage ( 80 - 120w ), massive airflow / clouds and don't mind going through juice like no tomorrow or are you satisfied with lower wattage, less clouds more flavor, tighter draw and less juice consumption ?

I'm all over the map. I love huge flavourful clouds at high wattages with lots of air flow and I also love lower wattages with more restricted airflow. Higher wattages don't necessarily mean less flavor and the same goes for atty's with more restricted airflow. I can say that Temp control is one of the best things to happen to Vaping in the last couple couple years. You can vape at high wattages and produse huge vapor and still enjoy the flavor. What I'm asking for is personal experiences from people using these devises. Thanks for the reply.

If you are on a budget, tsunami rda is pretty hard to beat. Flavor is pretty on point. However, if you do end up getting one make sure you clean out all the machine oil. All of the tsunamis i have got my hands on have machine oil inside the cap and on the deck. Don't take me wrong, that doesn't change the performance.

Now if you want to dabble into the authentic market, the goon rda is a good option with its huge build deck. And if you like two posts, check out the temple rda. They are both 24mm i believe. They run around 50 to 65, affordable authentics.

Thanks for the reply. I always clean the hell out of any RDA/RBA/ RTA no matter how clean they come. It's good practice and a good way to get to know your atty.

By the way, geekvape tsunami is an affordable authentic. The Chinese were some of the first and arguably the inventors of e-cigs. It's nice to see a Chinese company developing their own designs not cloning others. They are doing a good job. Not starting a debate here. Let's stay on point. I have the temple and temple mini(not clones). Great for crazy builds and tons of airflow. I got to play with and vape the goon for a day and really enjoyed it. Besides the innovative build deck I found it similar to many RDA ive used over the years in terms of airflow and flavor and so on. I will be getting one for sure. What I'm interested in here is people's personal experiences with the Tsunami. Thanks for speaking up.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
22 mm Tsunami
For me, I would like more room for juice to flow more evenly between the ( Kennedy style ) airflow ports on the deck / wicks and the post, for me painting works better than dripping and I don't enjoy taking off the top cap to juice it up, but the 24 mm does not have that problem and the reason
I would only recommend the 24 mm.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread