throat hit problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
around 20 mg

Well, I guess we are missing a lot of information. 20mg Freebase ought to be causing you to cough your head off from the throat hit alone. 20mg nicotine salts or nic-salts won't give you much of a throat hit.

"Normal" percentages would be 70/30 VG/PG mix or 80/20 VG/PG. PG being most flavorings, PG, sweeteners and such, and the nicotine if it is in a PG base. VG would normally be just the VG, although many folks do get their nicotine in VG. Note, PG helps to add throat hit, along with nicotine.

Now, for me, I use a 3mg mix for 80/20 VG/PG using 100mg freebase nicotine in PG.
For a 100ml bottle, that's 3ml nicotine, 12.5ml PG, 4.5ml total in flavors (20ml total), with 80ml of VG.
If I wanted to raise my nicotine to 5mg, the numbers would be 5ml nic, 10.5ml PG and 4.5ml flavors (still 20ml total for PG). If I wanted to go up to 20mg nic, I would have to switch to 75/25 or 70/30 VG/PG

I personally do not get much of a throat hit from 3 or 5mg mixes, but then, I started with 48mg freebase due to smoking little cigars back then (coming up on 10 years ago now), and right now, that is perfect for me, in my .5 down to .17 ohm coil setups, at 35 to 50 watts. Squonking, pods and Single and dual coil RTA's.

YASER-SYR

Dec 25, 2021
Well, I guess we are missing a lot of information. 20mg Freebase ought to be causing you to cough your head off from the throat hit alone. 20mg nicotine salts or nic-salts won't give you much of a throat hit.

"Normal" percentages would be 70/30 VG/PG mix or 80/20 VG/PG. PG being most flavorings, PG, sweeteners and such, and the nicotine if it is in a PG base. VG would normally be just the VG, although many folks do get their nicotine in VG. Note, PG helps to add throat hit, along with nicotine.

Now, for me, I use a 3mg mix for 80/20 VG/PG using 100mg freebase nicotine in PG.
For a 100ml bottle, that's 3ml nicotine, 12.5ml PG, 4.5ml total in flavors (20ml total), with 80ml of VG.
If I wanted to raise my nicotine to 5mg, the numbers would be 5ml nic, 10.5ml PG and 4.5ml flavors (still 20ml total for PG). If I wanted to go up to 20mg nic, I would have to switch to 75/25 or 70/30 VG/PG

I personally do not get much of a throat hit from 3 or 5mg mixes, but then, I started with 48mg freebase due to smoking little cigars back then (coming up on 10 years ago now), and right now, that is perfect for me, in my .5 down to .17 ohm coil setups, at 35 to 50 watts. Squonking, pods and Single and dual coil RTA's.

Thank you for your detailed explanation, I will try to benefit from what you told me and tell you the results

YASER-SYR

Dec 25, 2021
this my nic bottle...can u tell its type by its color?

Attachments

• 20220129_042216_resize.jpg
    20220129_042216_resize.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 17

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    This 60ml bottle is enough for me for about a week
    Excellent! I love Goodlife. That's a 20mg nicotine bottle? I don't know if they are using smooth nic salts or not, so there's that. You might need to up your nic, I don't know because I go through about 30 mls a week. Though, I've been vaping for over 10 years.

Reactions: YASER-SYR

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    direct to my lung
    What kit are you using?

I added to my post above: I don't know if they are using smooth nic salts or not, so there's that. You might need to up your nic, I don't know because I go through about 30 mls a week. Though, I've been vaping for over 10 years.

Did you smoke one or two packs a day?

YASER-SYR

Dec 25, 2021
    What kit are you using?

I added to my post above: I don't know if they are using smooth nic salts or not, so there's that. You might need to up your nic, I don't know because I go through about 30 mls a week. Though, I've been vaping for over 10 years.

Did you smoke one or two packs a day?

my kit is gabriel 80watt with kizuku tank.....i smoke 60ml bottle in week

Reactions: FranC
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread