Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    As a very new ecig user, so far I can see is that throat hit is a bit of a misnomer to me. I have tried several different flavors and nic levels on a regular cigalike type setup and I get virtually no TH. What I do get is a throat tickle that makes me cough instantly and involuntarily. I get the throat tickle on the first 2 or 3 hits then no tickle after that. Once the coil cools down after many min or hours of non-use, then I have to deal with the tickle for the first couple hits again. Really annoying and really makes it hard for me to switch to ecigs from cancer sticks (well that and other reasons).

wonner

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 13, 2013
    USA
    As a very new ecig user, so far I can see is that throat hit is a bit of a misnomer to me...

Welcome the the forum!

Just be aware that there is whole world of devices and flavors beyond the cigalike kits. I am not suggesting you run out and spend a bunch of money but a cigalike is a pretty poor representation of what is available.

If you have a vape shop in your area, check 'em out to what I'm talking about. Most shops let you try and taste for free.

Last edited:

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 18, 2013
    New York, NY
    The cigalikes turned many of my friends off of vaping over the years. It's a pity, because now it makes it harder for me to try and get them to try again with an ego style batt and clearo. Their cigalikes even had ME convinced that vaping would never work for me. It took my grandmother dying of lung cancer that spread to her brain to get me to give the kit my mother bought me a try. Luckily, the home aide that was assisting my mother during my grandmother's final days (she wanted to die at home) was into vaping, and steered my mother right to a nice little ego style kit for me. If it was another cigalike, I may have given it a whirl, but I doubt I'd have quit. Not if the cigalikes today are still anything like my friends that I've tried over the years.

Requiem33

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 9, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    Of the different cigalikes I've tried I liked the V2 stuff. They run at a higher voltage than others so there is a throat hit. However like others have said it is nothing compared to a even a ego style setup or a variable voltage rig.

I started with the cigalikes.... first with a green smoke, then with a couple other generics then found V2 and I liked the V2 then found ECF and did some research and went with an EGO-T for a while. I'm now back to vaping and buying supplies but it's a trial and error type of thing and a personal preference for everyone. Some rigs work great for some and not for others and the same with the juice. Take your time, try stuff and keep going. It's not a race but more of an adventure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread