• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Throat Hit (TH) for VG Only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Religion

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
AZ
I Switched to VG only, but I can't find anything with great TH. I love the flavors and vapor (and certainly don't miss the allergic reactions), but I haven't found a juice with excellent TH. I really like Johnson Creek's Red Oak line and Velvet Vapor's Organic juices, but I haven't found an all-day-vape. VG has a lung hit for me which is kinda cool, but not much throat hit. I'm willing to try any range of flavors (except "meat" i.e. tuna, bacon, etc.) if it helps with TH.

Also, does anyone know of a super minty not sweet VG juice? Like vaping Listerine? I found one in PG, but the headaches are not worth it.

LadyPhoenix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Easton, PA
I recently had to switch to VG due to PG allergies, and so far I have tried VG only from V4L, Bluemist, Juicy Vapor, and Alien Visions.

I found that the Bluemist was just absolutely delicious, very fresh tasting, and had a nice throat hit at 16mg. This will be a new supplier for me. Also got great throat hit from Alien Visions at 24 mg, in fact I'm going to scale down on that one in future orders. V4L also has a nice throat hit at 18mg but I don't like their VG flavors as much as their PG flavors (although the 555 is good) and they are very limited in selection. I can honestly say that while Juicy Vapors has great flavor (22mg), I find the throat hit unsatisfying to me, so I'll probably stick with Bluemist.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Oh, btw, the Peppermint from Bluemist is excellent! It's not a spearmint though, if thats what you are looking for.

Last edited:

Krang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2011
La Baie, Quebec
In my 100% VG juices I diy I find that TH mostly depends on the maount of nic in it. Some flavorings such as cinnamon also provide allot of throat hit. I generaly mix my juices at 12 mg then if I dont have enough TH with the ocmbination of the flavorings and the NIC I add some NIC base to get 18mg, then 24, then 36 at a max. When I had the nic base I also normally add 1 drop of flavoring.At that point if I still don't get a convinient TH I just stop, and use that particular juice for ealy morning when I don't want too much of a TH.

Religion

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
AZ
Thanks for the input. I agree that nic strength helps, but also realized 2 other things; VG is better when it is thinned and, for me, strong flavors like unsweetened peppermint give me the "bite" I want.
Velvet Vapors, Virgin Vapor, or DIY are the way to go for VG freaks (Vaperite is great too, but the mint selections are complicated, i.e. Koolada, Menthol, Spearmint.)

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
VirginVapor has a minty that everyone is raving about. She's also got a ton of other flavors, some really strong menthols, etc. You can ask for stronger flavorings. She uses 100% VG (unless you request pg added) and all 100% organic flavorings. Its supposed to be amazing. Everyone's raving about the how realistic the flavors are, pure tasting. I just made my first big order.. can't wait. Here's the link to the thread. You can see how nutso people are going about the juice. Also, she keeps recipe file for clients special blends, so i'm guessing she can manipulate the throat hit for you. Free sample bottle with first order, and amazing client service, too.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...gin-vapor-organically-flavored-e-liquids.html

As for throat hit, someone else just recommended this place Vapor Renu as a great way to get bulk pricing on vg juices. They have a truckload of flavorings you can buy to DIY... literally hundreds. And with the bulk juice you can specify the degree of throat hit. You can even have them add vitamins and supplements. lol

Here's the bulk juice...

e juice

and flavorings...

Flavor Extracts : E Cigarette Flavoring : Candy Flavorings : USA Made Vapor Renu

I think i'm gonna get a pint of the juice and a few flavors just to ameliorate the cost of the other expensive juices i buy. I figure if i can come up with a few diy blends (and its sooo cheap when you do it this way) then everything will level out to pretty dang cheap. ;) I blend all my purchased liquids, anyway. This will just be in larger quantities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread