throat hit too harsh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewJoizy

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
I wasn't really pack a day smoker, I enjoyed smoking because of the act of it, the taste of it, the feeling. I would quit for months at a time then come back.

vaping, the throat it is 10 times stronger then any analog, it reminds me of when I would accidentally inhale on a cigar and cough up. Even on 11mg kamel cartomizers with my VK is too harsh. I dunno whats up. I ordered some 0mg chocolate liquid to refill my cartomizers hoping this will be my sweet spot.

Maybe its a pg allergy? I tried vg but its just too thick and hard to vape. I suck at DIY juice so I don't know what to do. I love fruity & sweet flavors, tobacco flavors make me sick now. Any suggestions of juice?

oldtechno

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2009
United States of America
Well, all I've got is my opinion.

I like CIGNOT.

I get their 24mg cappuccino and two bottles of their mix juice and cut the 24mg down to 6mg. You'll loose a lot of flavor this way.

I guess the best way (if you got any money) is buy 0 nicotine juice.

It's possible you are right about the allergy thing--but I doubt it. Do the 0 nicotine thing first--just to be sure.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Cigarettes have chemicals in the tobacco that help smooth out throat hit. Vapor is an inhalent that is new to you and may take some time to get accustomed to. Everyone likely perceives throat hit differently. I let my sister-in-law, a periodic smoker, try a few drags off an M401. She coughed on each draw. I think the two primary ingredients to throat hit are nicotine concentration and warmth of the vapor. Stick with the device you have and strat trying low nicotine e-liquids. Drink plenty of water, too.

NewJoizy

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Well, all I've got is my opinion.

I like CIGNOT.

I get their 24mg cappuccino and two bottles of their mix juice and cut the 24mg down to 6mg. You'll loose a lot of flavor this way.

I guess the best way (if you got any money) is buy 0 nicotine juice.

It's possible you are right about the allergy thing--but I doubt it. Do the 0 nicotine thing first--just to be sure.

tried exactly that with cignot's cappuccino already, throat hit is not at harsh but there is no flavor or bad tasting flavor at best. I'm not a big coffee drinker either I guess.

Cigarettes have chemicals in the tobacco that help smooth out throat hit. Vapor is an inhalent that is new to you and may take some time to get accustomed to. Everyone likely perceives throat hit differently. I let my sister-in-law, a periodic smoker, try a few drags off an M401. She coughed on each draw. I think the two primary ingredients to throat hit are nicotine concentration and warmth of the vapor. Stick with the device you have and strat trying low nicotine e-liquids. Drink plenty of water, too.

Soon as my package comes we'll see!

The only smooth vaping experience I had was with cignot's ecopure menthol 5ml bottle, when I bought a 20ml bottle it wasn't the same for some reason. it wouldn't vape as easily and there was hardly any flavor, so dunno whats up with that.

Also the vanilla from rmv was pretty smooth but thats a given with vanilla flavors.

T-Max

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
The Motor City
I let my sister-in-law, a periodic smoker, try a few drags off an M401. She coughed on each draw.

I've let half a dozen 2 pack a day smokers try my KR808D with a 16mg cartomizer, and each one has nearly coughed up a lung! :shock: I did the same thing the first time I tried it. I guess it takes a little getting used to. I now use 24mg with no coughing.

RiversideVapor

Oct 15, 2009
Riverside, CA
vaporcig.com
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: supplier post in newb forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread