Throat Hit with No Nic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overlord

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Stony Plain, AB
So I love to vape. LOVE IT!

But I want to get off of nicotine. What i'm loving is the throat hit and when you take a nice drag and it kicks your ... :)

Is it possible to get a massive throat hit with juice that has no nic?

I want to make my own and not have to rely on ordering. I already have a huge bottle of PG and VG.

What can I do?

btw, already tried searching for it, nothing came up.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Thanks for the info Sun!

I can't find the thread right now, but read that using a little vodka can give throat hit. Anyone try that with no nic juice?

Overlord--that is one of my threads and yes you can use high proof vodka as well as lemon juice and vinigar--the problem is that you need to be off niciotine long enough to feel any real hit from these additives from all the reports that have come in. Again, absent menthol, which I never was a real fan of---a throat hit is hard to come by.

There are twon another exceptions:

(1) Higher powered MODs like the Prodigy as the vapor is hotter;

(2) The Ruyan Jazz disposable--that will give no-nic one yeck of a throat hit--but at 25 dollars a piece--it is just not econimically fesible.

Sun

crand

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
I've been experimenting in search of the same result. Realize that I've been off of Nic for close to a year now so, your needs might be way different. I started with 0 juice from several of the more popular sources. I did get a 'bit' of a hit with all of them but the more you vape the less the hit.
Regardless of the flavor you prefer or mix I've found that the recipe needs to contain the following three ingredients; PG [seems 'stronger' than VG] citric acid [lemon juice works well] and a bit of vodka [others have suggested ever clear]
I personally haven't gotten it right yet but each batch keeps getting better. The last batch was
50% PG
35% VG
10% Bickford [Butter Rum, Carmel and Root Beer] with the rum and carmel making up the majority of the flavor
5% of a 50/50 mixture of lemon juice and vodka.

It's pretty close to the commercial 'cured' tobacco juices and with a fresh battery on my 510 I got a pretty nice jolt.

sunray73

Jul 31, 2009
Absent using menthol crystals or menthol juice--it is difficult to get a "great" throat hit until you have been no-nic long enough. After a while you start to feel the throat hit on no--nic, but for me it took over a month and I used menthol that entire time. So keep up with it and you will eventually find it.

Sun

Hey Sun Vaporer,

So I'm on the same path as you with no nic and using menthol. I'm new at this and wanted to either make good non-nic menthol batch with maybe some throat hit(not a huge deal since I use to smoke Marlboro Ultra Light Menthol, not a huge throat hit there...) or... buy some premade stuff that you feel is pretty good and easy on the wallet?

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Hey Sun Vaporer,

So I'm on the same path as you with no nic and using menthol. I'm new at this and wanted to either make good non-nic menthol batch with maybe some throat hit(not a huge deal since I use to smoke Marlboro Ultra Light Menthol, not a huge throat hit there...) or... buy some premade stuff that you feel is pretty good and easy on the wallet?

Sunray--just get some menthol crystals and grind them up in grain alcohol and add a small about to either VG or PG--it is potent stuff, so it only take a little!!! But you will get a great hit. IF you use too much, you will get that Vicks taste which is not good---so start with a little and keep adding to your liking.

Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Thanks for the reply Sun,

What is the major diff on Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin? One better than the other? what would be a good grain alcohol to use? any menthol crystals will do?

sorry for all the questions, just new to all of this and trying to absorb as much as possible...

Sunray--there really is not much. Some people can be allergic to PG more so then VG as has been reported. VG tends to produce more vapor but also needs to be thinned out and is sweeter, so VG needs a little more flavor. Personally I use VG, but it makes no difference. Some actually do an 50/50 PG/VG mix which I have tried and works great also.

While the menthol crystals may reformulate in VG if you do not use the alcohol, this will not occur with PG.

Sun

Overlord

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Stony Plain, AB

sunray73

Jul 31, 2009
VG tends to produce more vapor but also needs to be thinned out and is sweeter, so VG needs a little more flavor.

While the menthol crystals may reformulate in VG if you do not use the alcohol, this will not occur with PG.

Sun

So the VG needs to be thinned out with distilled water or alcohol?

what would be a good experiment to start with just using VG, alcohol, menthol crystals in %.

i.e.
================
50% VG
20% Distilled Water
20% Grain Alcohol
10% Menthol Crystals
================

Here's a thread which discusses them

Thanks Overlord, i'm reading through the thread.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
Sunray--just get some menthol crystals and grind them up in grain alcohol and add a small about to either VG or PG--it is potent stuff, so it only take a little!!! But you will get a great hit. IF you use too much, you will get that Vicks taste which is not good---so start with a little and keep adding to your liking.

Sun

Sun, I'm interested in trying this...could you be a little more specific on the ratios you use? I def. don't want the Vicks taste ugh..I think if I could get a good hit w/the menthol, I'd be a lot closer to no nic.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Sun, I'm interested in trying this...could you be a little more specific on the ratios you use? I def. don't want the Vicks taste ugh..I think if I could get a good hit w/the menthol, I'd be a lot closer to no nic.

Just--sure--take a shot glass and grind up about 20 crystal's and mix with vodka or higher proof grain alcohol. Then take 15 ml of Pg or thinned out VG and place a few drops of the menthol liquid at a time in the 15 ml, testing each time and adding till the menthol is right for you. Only takes a few tries and you are good to go----hope that helps.

Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread