Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Aventura, FL

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Rebuilding is one those things that you have to just start doing it to make sense. Just reading tons of info will only confuse you more. Get IGO-L or IGO-W and start coiling. Nothing fancy. 28 or 30g on 2mm silica. bam! done! vape! do it again.
Use common sense. Test your coil with resistance tester before firing it. Don't do double until you are comfortable with single. Torch the coil if they taste funny initially.. etc This isn't a rocket science. Just need practice and common sense.

By the way, if you "have" to try cartomizers, do that first before starting on RDAs. Mainly you wouldn't go back to carto once you taste RDA. :)

Don't lose sight of why you are doing this. If you get too caught up on the mechanics of vaping, you might not enjoy vaping and trick yourself to go back to analog. Take one step at a time and make sure each step ends with awesome vaping setup. Initially, it is easy to pick up a cig when you haven't had a good vape for few hours because you are tinkering with all of your gear.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Going with cartos just for the ease of use. I'm sure in time I will move up the ladder, but for now I just want something easier....

Good plan, get your vapor and daily nicotine dose now, let your taste buds recover from smoking. Plenty of time to fiddle, tweak and experiment with a very large range of toppers in the future....:toast:

tragictaste

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2013
Houston, Tx,
IBTanked is a great place to get a solid carto tank from. They use glass which you will want, and they're sizes and colors are customizable. A good place to start would be the 19mm tank in standard size, with low resistance (they are now making these around 2.0) Boge cartos. I use a similar set up on mechs quite often and it does well for me.

itskohler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Aventura, FL
Good to know. Im really looking for either a full stainless or stainless end cap tank. I love some of the re-buildables out there but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

On a side note, got to see and hold a magento today at a shop. The owner offered me a few hits but I declined. Last thing I want is to have his out perform mine when I get it and feel like I wasted my gfs money.

Sent from Samsung's latest 1-up on Apple.

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
Is a kick needed when you're using a topper that is well within the amp draw rating? Like, for example, a 2ohm carto tank, using AW IMRs rated for 10 amps?

No it's not, just an option for those that prefer the flexibility and range it offers. But if you're building your own coils you can basically achieve that same range only by varying the resistance instead of the power output.

itskohler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Aventura, FL
Got the JTank and cartos in today. Primed the carto, popped in the tank and realized its the wrong size for the 5ml tank. Still works, no leaks. Just not very pretty. But I'm not going to win any style awards with a 5ml tank on an iTaste VV v3.
subadeqe.jpg

Sent from Samsung's latest 1-up on Apple.

CrackerTeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Groton, Connecticut, USofA
You mention being a coastie, an xda member and on vortex. Obviously, you're here so there's three out of four similarities. Firstly, what unit, rate (if enlisted) and how does your unit feel about your switch? Second, what device and ROM? Lastly, I didn't go through the whole thread but how's that mech working out for you? Kudos for kicking the analog habit.

itskohler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Aventura, FL
Im at Jacksonville, MST3 at JMASTT (port state control on steroids). Left the galaxy s4 unmodded, but the s3, s2, and tablet are all running aosp roms.

Since I work in a federal building I cant use nicotine in the building. So I go outside like I did when I was using analogs. For the most part everyone is supportive. My LPO js a health nut and disapproves of any "smoking" and drinking. There's no reasoning with him though.

Sent from one of my many Samsung devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread