Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    THC-Blaze-Solo-RDA-1.jpg

Hi, today let's have a look at Thunderhead Creations Blaze Solo rda sent to me by sourcemore online shop. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Thunderhead Creations Blaze Solo RDA; Before starting, let's see together the features indicated by the manufacturer:

• 1. 24mm diameter, 810 drip tip
    • 2. 2ml capacity, BF top/bottom refill
    • 3. Innovative Victor Build Deck
    • 4. Postless design, easy and convenient to regenerate
    • 5. Honeycomb airflow 43 holes downward inclined 315°
    • 6. Pyrex glass stopper available as an option
    • 7. Designed by Mike Vapes

THC-Blaze-Solo-RDA-2.gif

► Thunderhead Creations Blaze Solo RDA; Packaging:
    The elegant black cardboard package with Silver & Gold writings has a window on the front with a view of the product inside, and always on the front it presents; the THC logo, the Mike Vapes logo (designed in USA), the name of the vaporizer and an adhesive stamp that reminds us of the award obtained as "Best Single Coil RDA". On the back you can see; all the various acronyms, generic indications on the content, warnings, trademarks and legal logos. On the remaining sides they are reproduced with enlarged fonts; the THC logo and that of Mike Vapes, there are also the Scrat & Check and an adhesive label containing the color indications of the sample.

THC-Blaze-Solo-RDA-3.jpg

THC-Blaze-Solo-RDA-4.jpg

► Thunderhead Creations Blaze Solo RDA; Packing List:
    • 1 Thunderhead Creations Blaze Solo RDA
    • 1 Coil Tool
    • 1 BF pin
    • 2 Clapton Fused Coils (26GAx3 + 38GA/Ni80 ID 3.5mm, 0.2Ω),
    • 1 Blaze cotton lace (65 mm)
    • 1 Pack of accessories (Allen keys, screws and spare O-rings)
    • 1 User Manual
    • 1 QC card
    • 1 Certificate of guarantee

THC-Blaze-Solo-RDA-5.jpg

► Thunderhead Creations Blaze Solo RDA; Specifications:
    • Brand: THC
    • Dimensions: Diameter 24x 29.5mm
    • Weight: 43g
    • Material: SS/aluminium
    • Capacity: 2ml
    • Drip Tips: 810
    • Decks: Single Coils
    • Type of refill: upper (Drip) lower (BF)

THC-Blaze-Solo-RDA-6.jpg

► Thunderhead Creations Blaze Solo RDA; Available colours:
    • SS
    •Matt Black
    • Gold
    •Gun
    • Glass
    •SilverBlack
    • Red
    • Lava Black
    • Gold Black

THC-Blaze-Solo-RDA-7.jpg

► Thunderhead Creations Blaze Solo RDA; First Impressions:
    ThunderHead Creations, together with popular reviewer Mike Vapes, has introduced a new vaporizer called the Blaze Solo RDA. The device is distinguished by an innovative design of the "Victory" deck, a capacious bowl and an attractive design. Blaze Solo RDA is made with 316 stainless steel and aluminum. This item is available in nine different colors, among which there is a particular variant with a glass dome for the evaporation chamber. The novelty supports drip or Bottom Feeder vape types and comes with an 810 drip tip in epoxy resin. For this test I decided to combine the 24mm Blaze Solo RDA with the Revenant Mod BF which is able to support medium / high powers thanks to the replaceable 21700 battery.

THC-Blaze-Solo-RDA-8.jpg

Sourcemore sent me for this test the THC Solo RDA in the Silver Black color version, in the image below you can see the two macro elements that compose it. The bell is made of aluminum with a consistent thickness and bears the silver "Blaze" writing in relief. The SS steel base on the bottom has a slightly protruding 510 pin that can be replaced with the BF drilled pin included in the kit.

THC-Blaze-Solo-RDA-9.jpg

After unscrewing the Pin, the Blaze Solo RDA can be completely disassembled for cleaning operations, the "victory" conformation of the deck with honeycomb holes can be disassembled and is isolated through an accurate design of the peek material.

THC-Blaze-Solo-RDA-10.jpg

► Thunderhead Creations Blaze Solo RDA; AFC System:
    In the following pictures you can see; the innovative "Victor" postless build deck with a 315° surrounding airflow design, the intensity of the airflow is adjusted through two opposing downward-slanted slots. By rotating the dome around its axis, you can make all or part of the 43 holes (honeycomb) intervene to select your preferred air passage. The internal design of the bell is designed to maximize vapor compression.

THC-Blaze-Solo-RDA-11.jpg

THC-Blaze-Solo-RDA-12.gif

► Thunderhead Creations Blaze Solo RDA; Building:
    The "V" Postless deck is designed for the installation of a spiral coil, which will be fixed with the Allen screws on the sides. The coil-tool in the package is very useful for cutting the legs of the coil to the size that the deck requires, I cut the legs of the coil to 8mm.

THC-Blaze-Solo-RDA-13.jpg

After inserting the coil on the deck, I did some activations with the Fire button to eliminate any hotspots. Then I inserted the cotton lace into the coil and softly slipped the ends of the cotton into the buttonholes.

THC-Blaze-Solo-RDA-14.jpg

THC-Blaze-Solo-RDA-15.jpg

► Thunderhead Creations Blaze Solo RDA; Vaping Test & Final Conclusions:
    For this Test I used TOB Tropical with VG/PG 70:30 and boost 3mg/ml. The Blaze Solo RDA tank has a capacity of about 2ml and this allows a good use also as a drip, however I chose the configuration with the BF pin for the Squonk. Even the Blaze Solo RDA, like all THC products, denotes an above-average constructive care, with precise manufacturing tolerances and quality o'rings. In particular, I liked the ease of construction and the differentiation of the aluminum (bell) and deck (steel) materials, and the low profile resin driptip is really nice. The aluminum material of the bell is thick and dissipates the heat well of the Clapton Fused Coils (26GAx3 + 38GA/Ni80 ID 3.5mm, 0.2Ω) that I installed for testing. With 52 watts of selected power and with the two slots completely open, the passage of air is considerable and little braked, the flow is directed downwards, and the 43 holes with a "Honeycomb" arrangement invest the entire surface of the coil well, generating a lot steam. The compression of the chamber seems optimal because the taste is quite good, I would say above average. I was pleased to note that even when the slots were partially close, the heat in the tank never reaches annoying levels, and this is a clear sign of a good choice of materials. During the test I did not find any defects, moreover the airflow slots are positioned rather high and this is a further advantage because it is practically impossible for the liquid to escape.

You can get the Thunderhead Creations Blaze Solo RDA from Sourcemore at the affordable price of $18.99 by entering the discount code: TBSR

Thanks for reading.

THC-Blaze-Solo-RDA-20.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread