Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I'm having another bad vaping day. I don't know what the problem with my stuff is but I'm feeling very frustrated with all of it. I am using a Riva, an Ego Twist, and a regular Ego battery. As far as delivery systems I'm using one Smoketech DCT tank w/ either a smoketech carto or another carto that I thought was smoketech but not so sure anymore once I looked at the website I bought it from. One has 1 hole, one has 3 holes. Neither one gives a very good draw. I feel like I'm trying to suck a very thick milkshake through a thin straw and getting a very thin trickle of vapor but it also has an airy feel to it when I draw on it. Getting very little flavor and virtually no throat hit.

I'm also using a couple of the Stardust V2. While I am getting a better draw off of one of them, I am not off of another. Both the stardusts have a strange aftertaste (not burnt, but strange) and the draw is not consistent. I've tried blowing out all of them to no avail. I decided to break out a regular boge carto and see how that was. It's not much better.

Lastly, ALL of my batteries will blink when I draw off of the dct tank or the stardust. The batteries are fully charged and will blink five or six times then stop but continue to work. I don't take excessively long draws, maybe 5 or 6 seconds. Before a couple of days ago I was getting good flavor, good draws, and easy vaping out of everything. Now, nothing seems to be working right.

Could it be that my batteries are not any good. Would I do better with a VV? Or is it my delivery systems? What else is out there, besides dripping? I like the convenience of the tank and stardusts but right now they really suck!

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Do not tighten your carto down tight, it cuts off airflow. Clean out the battery post area of any liquids that could be cutting voltage. Blow out your cartos good.

What kind of eliquid are you using? 70/30? how old are the cartos?

Yes, I'm using 70pg/30vg for the most part. I do have a couple of all VG but have found that those don't work for me, just too thick and a pain for me to have to fiddle with to get them to wick. The cartos are ones that I have opened in the last day or two. The clearomizers are brand new, like only a few days old.

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
I don't have answers for all of your questions but wanted to comment on the holes for the cartos. Do you ever punch your own holes? I have only used cartos with one or 2 holes in them, too afraid to try the 3 hole cartos because I have heard a lot about those flooding. With the one hole cartos I also punched an extra hole myself. With the 2 hole cartos those usually work just fine but I had one that I had to punch one of the holes bigger and I think that's because I used a thicker juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread