Time for replacement gear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
My husband thought I was just getting something "extra" to smoke, not actually quitting. He didn't understand why I went with a big ol' battery rather than a cig-a-like. He thinks filling cartos is a pain and dripping is even worse, and ordering juice is the most inconvenient thing in the world: why not just get the carts from the gas station?

Go figure, then, that in the past 12 hours he's now stolen one of my batteries, a Boge carto, my drip tip, and my double mint juice :glare: Accidental vape conversion, I guess? Long story short, now we have 2 batts and 1 charger for 2 people. Unacceptable. Especially since he's traveling for work. I know I could just buy 2 more batts and a charger and we both use the same kit and be done with it, but that's not really any fun is it. I'm thinking that instead I'll gift him with all of my kit, and use my vast week's worth of experience to get something that is better suited to my needs :D

I'm thinking about the eGO 1000mAh pass through with a little eGo 650 variable volt kit as a backup. Most of my time is spent at or near a computer so the pass through makes sense, and I've yet to drain the 650s I have now over the course of a day so I'm confident the 1000 and 650 would do me fine. I'm fine with my daily PV not being a variable volt item as I tend to like a cooler vape with less throat hit, but the little 650 variable kit is almost too cheap to pass up. Any thoughts on these two items? Suggestions for alternatives or additions?

Preferences to keep in mind if you have suggestions:
  • TH is not a priority
  • Heat is not a priority
  • Flavor and lung hit ARE a priority
  • 510 threading IS a priority
  • I use 100% VG or as close as I can get
  • Clearos and tanks are awesome looking, but I have yet to find any juice I like enough to warrant filling one up. Right now I'm a dripper (with a 510 drip atty) and rather like it that way. Suggestions for clearos/tanks/etc. that would work with VG juice are still of course quite welcome.
And since I haven't said it lately: thanks again for all your knowledge and support! ECF has helped make my first week as a non-smoker very stress free!

JENNIFER_GAIL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2012
Florida
Congrats on quitting AND converting!! :) I use a Vision Spinner 1300mah with a Mini Vivi as my primary and I have a Ego 1100 twist with a Kanger T3 as my backup ( I also have three 650mah Ego T batts that have T2 clearos on them as well) and if all else fails I have my Lavatube (which I don't like very much). Just remember that the higher mah batts take a little longer to charge so if you kill both batts you are going to be LOST (believe me, I have been there). I know it sounds like a lot of $$ to spend to start out with, but having several backup batteries is the way to go.

As far as the clearos go, I have TONS. I find that the Mini Vivi is the best for me, but I love the Kanger models as well. There are a lot of juice sites that send out samples with your order so that you can try something new, and a lot of them have daily/weekly specials so that you can get a discounted price. If you get a juice that you don't really like, you can always do a PIF swap or list it in the TC so that someone else can try it. :)

Hope this helps!

Edit: P.S. If you would like to try a clearo, as I mentioned I have tons of them and I would send you one to try out. Just PM me your addy and I will send you one. (I have CE4, T3 and T2 and probably a mini vivi kit lying around here too and they are all new... collecting them is my hobby :blink:)

Last edited:

jim829

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
Owensboro, KY
it sounds like you have it figured out. i saw vaporjoes had an ego style mod listed on sale for around 20 bucks. i think it was regulated at 4.5 volts so it would be a touch hot for you probably. I think regular egos are regulated at about 3.4v. If you haven't tried 306 atties yet, give them a go sometime. I'm a dripper myself and for whatever reason i really dig the 306's they thread on to any 510 device but they need a different style drip tip, usually they come with a tip. Good luck upgrading!

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
If you would like to try a clearo, as I mentioned I have tons of them and I would send you one to try out. Just PM me your addy and I will send you one. (I have CE4, T3 and T2 and probably a mini vivi kit lying around here too and they are all new... collecting them is my hobby :blink:)
That is a very kind offer, thank you! I'll have to file that away for when I find a juice I really really like :D

If you haven't tried 306 atties yet, give them a go sometime. I'm a dripper myself and for whatever reason i really dig the 306's they thread on to any 510 device but they need a different style drip tip, usually they come with a tip. Good luck upgrading!
I almost got a 306 instead of the 510 my last order, but the place I was already ordering from didn't have it. I've read several positive reviews of it though, so it may have to go on the list. Am doing my best to keep this to a single-shop order rather than having to ship in pieces from all over. First world problems, I know...

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
I would say a passthrough is a good way to go.1000%!

The blister pack egos make me a little wary though.

If you get these

Passthrough Batteries

enter in code vapor20 you get 20% off and then these passthroughs are a whopping $14.36!

Then instead of the 650mAh you were looking at you can go a little smaller 350 mAh if you want the "girly girl" style and after the discount those are $8.76!

or
Instead of the 650mAh , go a 900 mAh after the discount makes it $13.56 and there's all kinds of cool designs :) !

They've got kit deals too!

Happy Vaping!!

There's alot of good deals on their site, their customer service is awesome and quick shipping.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Ya know you can always add a couple of drops of distiled water to VG so that it will be a little thinner. That way it will work fine in some of those other delivery systems.

Gotta tell ya, most folks that start out dripping never find anything else that is as satisfying, and eventually end up either using bottom feeders or RBA's.
    Which atomizer is best is just personal preference, there are dozens of good ones and they each perform a little different. Most folks do a double take if I tell them which one I think tastes best.

akatina

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 14, 2013
    Greenville, SC
    Ya know you can always add a couple of drops of distiled water to VG so that it will be a little thinner. That way it will work fine in some of those other delivery systems.

Gotta tell ya, most folks that start out dripping never find anything else that is as satisfying, and eventually end up either using bottom feeders or RBA's.
    Which atomizer is best is just personal preference, there are dozens of good ones and they each perform a little different. Most folks do a double take if I tell them which one I think tastes best.
    So far I've been lucky with the VG, nothing has been super thick but I know it's possible. And I am without doubt spoiled to dripping: quick hit, big vape, ton of flavor, and after a "smoke break" it's all ready for me to switch flavors if I want to.

As for double-taking on what you think tastes best: go ahead and share if you want. I have no experience here, so there's no real way for me to look at you like you're crazy when I actually have no idea what you're talking about :D

Stoneface

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2013
    New York
    Hello akatina - just got an eGo Twist kit and bought a passthrough as well. I've only had it a couple of days, so I can't attest to longevity. However, I highly recommend it. I am currently using bottom coil Nano clearos with the batts, no issues so far. The Nanos are small and hold 1ml, great for testing juices (in the search for juices I like as well). Just my opinion. Good Luck.

Uno mas

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 5, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    Hello akatina - just got an eGo Twist kit and bought a passthrough as well. I've only had it a couple of days, so I can't attest to longevity. However, I highly recommend it. I am currently using bottom coil Nano clearos with the batts, no issues so far. The Nanos are small and hold 1ml, great for testing juices (in the search for juices I like as well). Just my opinion. Good Luck.

+1 for the Vision nano clearomizer (2.4ohms) they are awesome, I bought a few originally for my wife's eGo mini's and ended up trying one out on my eGo 650(s) and they perform great, I think I actually like them better than the larger Vision CE4+ vape vise, :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread