Time to change.... your coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Flavor goes.... then coughing... then burnt, I'd imagine, depending on one's lungs susceptibility different vapers might change at different times but if you are coughing and it's an elderly coil, no reason not to change it and if you find that's pretty consistent-- for you-- then yes, change your coil once coughing starts. I really REALLY hate to cough, one of the great things vaping does for me... I do not cough anymore.

Best of luck,

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
If I have to increase temp or wattage to get the same flavor as I had a tank or three ago, it's time to clean/rewick or replace.

Flavor is paramount to me. Nothing is subordinate. People say that you should avoid sweet, dark juices. That's all I can stand to vape because those clear, bland flavors are a waste of good nicotine. If you have a flavor that gunks up a coil, I probably want to try it because everyone knows that the juices that curl your toes and roll back your eyes are the ones that make a mucky mess.

I call it Dave's Law: If a juice tastes great, it gunks up coils. Therefore if it gunks up coils, it tastes great.

Reactions: Ryedan

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Disagree on the juice matters, but I DIY. I deliberately go for non-colored flavorings and use sweetener, but properly. I can't vape much storebought before diluting and amending it heavily.

If you never give your tongue a chance to enjoy something else, I guess it would be reasonable to asses that flavor has to clog. It doesn't, and even the mixes I overflavor (for others) are usually not major coil cloggers. If you were to ask me why, I'd have to say I did not know, but my juices are rarely dark, and if they are, it's usually because some have been steeping a long while, but even using them, they are rarely dark. I even have a coco that I use that stays nice and white. Dark juices are either NETs or flavors with food flavoring in them. Dark is not necessary for flavor. Sweet MAY be, but oftentimes less than one would think. I will say that the NET I got my husband seems to be holding up nicely for him, but he isn't vaping ENOUGH yet.

Anna

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
being a vaper of mechs, I've noticed that the only time the vape makes me cough is when the battery is super low. So, basically (I'm guessing) there's not enough power to make the vape droplets small enough . .. . big vape droplets make me cough.

I've also, of course, noticed that a gunked up coil doesn't produce as much heat (in a reasonable time frame . . . soon enough).

So, mebbe the gunked up coil makes a person cough because it's not heating the vape enough to smallerize the wee droplets sufficiently.

. . . have to increase temp or wattage to get the same flavor as I had a tank or three ago . . .
this might also be a good band-aid for Morgy's coughy-vape.

I, on the other hand, never change my coil just because it's making me cough. In fact, it's one of the things I really miss about smoking. "Gooooood morning, lung snot!"
If they made pre-gunked-up coils, I'd be all over that.
nod.gif

Reactions: Opinionated

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Does anyone relate coughing and it being time for a new coil? No burnt taste Persay but just coughing.......

That has never been my experience. These days, with the atties and the setups I use, I find if I go too long without cleaning a coil it starts to sizzle a bit after I let off the switch and that tells me I need to clean it ASAP.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I must be the most .... person here when it comes to my coils .

When I get a flavor increase I know my coil is starting to gunk up ...

Therefore, I clean my coil and rewick every two tanks (cause I like juices that gunk). ..in other words, my coil always looks nice. :)

Yes... I'm .... I guess. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread