Time to get something new

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberDuper

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
No place like ~/
I've been vaping for 3.5 years now and the last two have been with the same kit and juice. Puresmoker Icon with boge LR cartos. Time to make a change and I'm thinking VV with a tank.

I've been on the same setup for so long, I haven't been paying any attention to how things have changed or what's available.
I'd like to use a (Mini) Vivi Nova or a Protank. Doesn't seem to matter which one but I'm leaning towards the vivi with a steel tube.

As for the PV, I really have no clue what to get or really what's available. VV is a must. Durability and quality are required. Small size is highly desired. Looking 'complete' with a tank on it would be nice. Price isn't so much of a concern for something that will last a few years.

The obvious answer is the provari mini and I'm seriously considering it. I don't see any notches or holes in the tapered top for air flow so I'm curious if you can put a tank on it flush or if it has to stand off the connector a hair.

Zmax looks meh. With a telescoping tube I guess it can get short enough but I assume you pay for that in diameter. Not a very good looking device in my opinion.

Evic looks ok. If I could find it somewhere that would let me build it up with a nice 18350 tube and a top, that would be nice. I don't want to deal with ordering parts from all over the place. Big downside is this thing looks fragile and a bit gimmicky. Some things I've read about the internals and switches on this thing really deters me from it. If the main unit were in the $20 - $30 range that would allay those concerns.

Vamo, in my opinion, epitomizes the term 'cheap chinese crap.' It looks bulky and ugly. It's utilitarian for sure and may be an ideal emergency backup device, but not much else. This is my opinion based on an evening of looking. Don't be offended by it.

What else should I take a look at? I'd be okay with a quality built box mod (no wood). Something that uses a couple 14500 would also be just fine. I used to have a 2x 14500 box in parallel feeding a 5v stepper that I put together. It was fine, but a rat shack box is a rat shack box. Battery life isn't critical. I'm used to having a spare battery on me wherever I go.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
UD.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
As you mentioned, the Provari would fit the bill for durability and quality. Lots of cheaper VV/VW options, but none are as nicely put together as the Provari.

But, since you're a Puresmoker fan (I assume you are since you've been using their gear for so long) how about a Legacy with a Kick? The flat top looks great with a tank on it.

UberDuper

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
No place like ~/
It is an attractive option but by the time you add it up the parts
Legacy Mini - $87
Extension tube for Kick - $15
Kick - $45
I'm coming up on provari mini prices without the convenience.
I'll keep this in mind since I can just drive up there and check it out and the Icon has been such a good device to me.

Would be nice if they'd stuff some zmax electronics and a display into it.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
Provari mini is the best choice IMO, but as you inquired about, it does not play nice with some tanks. I use it with carto tanks and I do have to make sure there is a slight gap for air flow. I haven't had any problems with any of the clearos though (and I have tried them all).

You might want to consider the itaste MVP. I've had mine since December and it's still going strong. It's well built and has incredible battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread