Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoVapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
Western Canada
www.grbc.co
Its still large bud :p But totally manageable. Add on an extension sleeve and AVS, plus this upcoming VV attachment and whatever else comes next, and you'll see how big it can get.

Fully maxed out GGTS looks more like a uranium containment rod or biochemical weapons dispersal vessel than an e-cig. I wouldn't try walking onto an airplane with it in my hand is what im saying!

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Who else was surprised when they first got a GGTS at how small it was? It literally shocked me how small it was. The videos/photos made it seem a lot larger to me.

I know exactly what you mean. Before I bought one I thought they looked like a gigantic pipe in the pics I saw. Then, when I unpacked mine....I was stunned how compact it was. It's a perfect fit for the hand....perfect.

Wait till you see the custom passthru I'm building....it really is kinda tiny.

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
Its definitely not tiny but like some said its manageable. When I was holding it with the UFS on it someone asked me if it was an otoscope...ya know those things the Dr. uses to look in your ear...:laugh:

LOL! No offense to everyone with small hands, but mine must be big? I could comfortably handle the GGTS if it was double its size (which looks like what happens with a UFS or AVS attached?), width wise as well as length wise.

Zoranth

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Baldwin, MI. USA
www.keepandshare.com
Lol, The GGTS is not really any bigger than a comparable mod capable of holding an 18650 Batt. Nice thing about the GGTS that you cant do with those other comparable mod is to make it smaller. Also, if you were to put a UFS or Iatty onto a comparable mod, it would also increase in size as much as the GGTS does ;)

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
Lol, The GGTS is not really any bigger than a comparable mod capable of holding an 18650 Batt. Nice thing about the GGTS that you cant do with those other comparable mod is to make it smaller. Also, if you were to put a UFS or Iatty onto a comparable mod, it would also increase in size as much as the GGTS does ;)

Ah! After reading a few times I think I understood! You thought when I said "Mine must be big" I was referring to the GGTS! I was actually referring to my hands, due to the fact that the GGTS seems rather tiny, even when fully extended! I think I like the all aluminum look over the brass though, since I put the brass tube in and much prefer the aluminum one.

jacktan12

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Malaysia
I think it's the perfect size. It's super heavy though.

My GGTS + UFS, with an IMR 18650 in it, feels lighter than a Provari with the same battery. I guess there is a difference between the aluminum in the nickel plated GG and the steel on the Provari.

And yes, I did find that the GGTS is smaller than I expected. My only experience with the GG before I got it was on Vapourtrails TV. I guess the camera does add inches and pounds.

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
The SS GGTS + UFS is definitely not lighter than the ProVari. But consider that the ProVari doesn't have a tank filled with liquid...

EDIT: On the OP, when fully compressed it's very small. Without the UFS on top, it actually is small. When I got my first GGTS (aluminum) I was extremely surprised how light and small it was. Coming from an SB, it felt like a toy.

Last edited:

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
In a pile of sawdust
yes i felt the same way. I've seen the piece in pictures and Utube. When i finally got one. I said thats it? hahahahha..I enjoy the GGTB aluminum a lot though, Smaller, lighter and uses the same batt options as i use for the GGTS now..=)

Its a piece of art though and nothing short of beautiful.

But in small mode the GGTS is smaller than the GGTB ;)
100_0519.jpg

100_0518.jpg

Last edited:

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
Huh. I just realized how many different models there must be of the GGTS. My new all aluminum one had a different looking knurled top than the one in the picture. I like the differences, they add character and collectivity. I guess I will have to put a picture of my GGTS on here at some point!

Last edited:

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
In a pile of sawdust
Huh. I just realized how many different models there must be of the GGTS. My new all aluminum one had a different looking knurled top than the one in the picture. I like the differences, they add character and collectivity. I guess I will have to put a picture of my GGTS on here at some point!

There was only 1 batch with that style control ring (not knurled) all the rest have knurled control rings. but engravings changed 3 times, the atty connector changed twice and the style of battery caps changed 4 times on the GGTS along with 5-6 different variations of buttons too. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread