Tip: Bridgeless 510 atty - cleaning with plain PG/VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
If you have 510 attys where you've removed the bridge and wick, here's a quick, no-nonsense method for cleaning your atty. Good for doing at the end of the day, for putting your atty away for long-term storage, or for simply cleaning out a flavor before starting a new one. The plus side of using PG/VG liquid to clean the atty is that you don't have to let the atty dry before using. You can clean the atty and go right back to vaping. I carry a small 3ml bottle of the plain liquid with me and it's easy enough to clean the atty any time of the day.

You need:
The 510 bridgeless/wickless atty
Plain PG and/or VG liquid
Handkerchief, paper towel, or tissue

How-to:
Holding your 510 atty, drip enough plain PG/VG liquid inside to cover everything. Between 4-8 drops. You want to cover everything on the bottom of the atty.

Now, place your mouth over the top of the atty (the open side where the cart/drip tip goes) and place the hanky/tissue on the threaded, bottom end of the atty. You're going to blow, and the liquid will exit out the threaded side into the hanky/tissue.

Blow hard, blow a lot of times, and check the tissue. If there's liquid, continue blowing. Do this over and over (it won't take long) until absolutely no liquid is coming out.

Wipe the threaded, bottom end of the atty and then blow through it once or twice. You don't have to blow hard. This is to ensure there's no liquid in any of the airholes. Wipe the threads when you're done, you slobbering vaper! :)

Now stuff the hanky/tissue into the top, open end of the atty. Stuff as much as you can inside the atty. Now twist the atty back-and-forth, so that the tissue will wipe the inner walls, and wipe the coil and mesh parts down on the bottom. If you inspect the tissue and see liquid, stuff the atty again and twist some more. Do this a couple of times.

That should do it, your bridgeless atty should be nice and clean. If you're switching flavors, your new vape should be clean and smooth, with no taste of the previous liquid. If you're storing your atty for long term, some people like to put a few drops of the plain PG/VG liquid into the atty to keep it moist. Personally I don't store my atty, I use it till it dies, then grab a fresh, new atty. If you're putting your atty away for the night, it's all good, and you can grab it in the morning and go straight to vaping.

This is my technique for cleaning my atty, it's working great so far. Just wanted to share for my fellow direct coil-dripping vapers. Vape hard, vape strong!

PS - If you don't have plain PG/VG liquid, just make a note to order some the next time you buy e-liquids. I get mine from DIY Flavor Shack but you can find it through many online e-liquid shops.

Happy vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread