Tips to order & lower nicotine level

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirVette

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Texas
Fair warning: You may need your PV for this topic.

Some history, started smoking pre-teens & stopped. Started smoking again in teens- one day a cig. did not taste good, discarded it & pulled out another which also tasted bad- threw them all away & quit mid teens. Started smoking again late teens & smoked for awhile after I got the eGo to try on 4-17-10.
I was about 1 pk./day like 21 or 22. While I am not a counter since I was making own w/ cig. machine, it was obvious that over a pk/day was needed to stay even.

In the beginning of May, I got 24 & 18 mg e-liquid in. I tried 24 mg which seemed more than needed so used 24 & 21 mg (mixed 24+18 /2=21) in May. Ordered 18 mg for June since 20 or 21 was not avail. & still had some 24 mg to mix up nic. if needed. So in June mainly used 18 mg & a little 21 mg to finish it.
For July I was thinking 18 mg, maybe 16 mg. They didn't have 16 mg so ordered some 12 mg e-liquid marked low!

Start- make sure the PV is ready.
bat.-check
atty -check
juice-check
Hit order & get the PV. :smokie:
Determine how much high nic. juice you have. Ok,Ok, I did that before
ordering. Calculate how many days it will last bearing in mind how long it
takes to get some more high nic. juice in.
Calculate how much higher w/ avail. liquid you can mix up the lower nic. juice ordered.
Ok,Ok, I did all that before ordering too.

When it came in June 26, using a time honored & proven method, put it in carts marked M for Medium. :thumb:
Started using the 12 mg. mostly to see how well that would work & have now had it over a week. The transition from 18 to 12mg. was so effortless that Halo 12 mg Medium was ordered several days ago w/o the drama.

Results Some of us can step down the nic. level near effortlessly!
Tip 1 Order. The hardest part may be ordering lower nic. juice.

:smokie:

Tip 2 Of course the lower nic. juice could be mixed with higher nic. e-liquid for something in the middle which really was not necessary.
After a few days with 12 mg, I mixed a few ml. of 18 down to 15 mg to finish it.

pipskicks

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
So Cal
Mixing liquids can be good to bring the dosage down and not lose flavor. I had done this with a few 24mg and I mixed them usually with a non-nic to get to my 12mg desired level.

If you are trying to be cheap, an idea would also be to buy PG or VG (depending on where you buy it, it's pretty cheap) and you can just mix the PG/VG in, but you will lose flavor.

Seeing as you are ordering from Halo, I don't know how they make their juice, nor do I ever vape tobacco flavors, but I did get some DIY flavors. With the flavoring, if you have a similar flavor, you can lower the dose without the taste fading.

How I lowered doses with 0 nic without losing flavor:
-Take a juice that you like and can be mixed (let's say banana for example)
-Mix the amount needed to dilute of 0 nic PG/VG mix
-Flavor that mixture with something that will compliment your original flavor (for banana I would recommend chocolate for example)

That's how I did it. I wanted to put those steps because it is real easy to ruin a batch of liquid flavoring it (or at least mess it up to where you have to fiddle with it a lot changing the mg %) so I started mixing mine by flavoring the 0 nic first. With mixing them together I got some interesting flavors, some I may not love, but it definitely packed good flavor, and was not bad to vape at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread