RDA Titanium coil and resistance range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Hi folks,

I recently decided to go RDA but ordered a kayfun clone from fastech without considering the shipment time... So I ended up rebuilding my nautilus mini coil with titanium coil that I run with a eleaf TC40. I am taking security measures with TC correction from Ni to Ti. I've been able to rebuild coil at ~0.35 homs with Ti coil 0.4mm from sweet spot with fewer wraps than the commercial Ni coils. I had to adjust the relative temperature setting higher than the corresponding commercial NI coils, most likely because I have fewer wraps. Now, I am using 28 gauge Ti wires from Unkamen, which I thought were ~0.4mm but they are thinner indeed. My coils are ~0.6 homs and I was wondering why the commercial coils use a 0.3 homs base coil rather than higher resistance. I supposed that may be because of the linear variation range of temperature with resistance but I am not quite sure. I should receive my kayfun next week and I would like to know witch range of resistance do you use for Ti coils. Also, if you have any good suggestions for a Ti regulated TC device, I'll be happy to hear from you. Thanks!

It also crossed my mind that the higher is the resistance, the more power is required to hit it up so the battery wouldn't last long. So, the lower is the resistance the longer the battery would last.

Last edited:

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
...[which] range of resistance do you use for Ti coils.
It all depends on your RDA/mod/battery combo. Ballpark optimal builds by reviewing your mod range on Steam Engine.

Also, if you have any good suggestions for a Ti regulated TC device, I'll be happy to hear from you. Thanks!
Boxer Mod 200W or Litt Up Customs The 44 or Militia Mods DNA200 or Opus 200. All built, assembled and tested in the USA.

It also crossed my mind that the higher is the resistance, the more power is required to hit it up so the battery wouldn't last long.
It is usually thought of the other way around. In reality, it can go either way with variables such as battery voltage and mod efficiency.

Reactions: Nimaz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread