Titanium wire for dna40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a vaporshark dna40 about 3 weeks ago and I love it, other than the nickel wire. I have 28 ga and I have no problem doing single coil but trying to do duel coil in my 3 post rda is a pain and the wire breaks most of the time. I heard titanium wire works with temp control but I can not find much info on how well it works or where to buy it. If anyone has information I would love to hear it.

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
Thanks for the info friend. I ordered some titanium but it's ment for jewlery. A few people posted saying it worked great but I will have to dry fire it to see if the wire changes color.

I think it generally comes down to the purity, so obviously I can't say. If it's impure it'll change both its resistance ratio and could be adding unwanted things to your experience... InvisibleHandy and some others have some links to some pure stuff, but it looks like titanium wire is pretty niche.

Oh yea I saw the post of the clapton coil. That is insane. I've never made one but I hear it is a PITA for kanthal. No idea how crazy hard it would be for titanium and nickel.

I'd like to encourage you to go for it, a normal one really isn't as difficult as you'd think and there's only a few ways to keep getting that 1st-coil feeling. :)

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I switched to titanium and have better luck. It just seems more durable and I don't get the fluctuating resistance like I did with Nickel.

Grade 1 CP Titanium wire is what you are looking for and a lot of jewelry sites carry it because it's hypoallergenic (I think).

I read as many posts as I could find by a member named Rossum who started using it before most of us. I also bothered him directly to pick his brain and his posts have some great information.

I use twisted 30ga mostly and believe I may have a line on some 28ga but won't know until next week. A twisted 30ga spaced coil on an 8/32 screw puts me at .31ohms which I can vape at 340 degrees until the tank runs bone dry without a dry hit (ymmv). No problems so far getting a solid contact with my posts and very little tweaking once it's set up. It's been a real good vape! You'll pay more for it but to me it's worth it.

I washed mine with hot water pulling it through a scotch bite course pad and it produces great flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread