To drip or not to drip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry B

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
Nashville TN
Still working my way up the learning curve here so bare with me. I have a eGo T and was gonna go ahead and order some extra attys. I can order the standard cone shaped ones or had given some thought to trying some Boge cartos with a drip tip. I was looking at CrystalClear vaping, they have a 15 carto bundle where i can get some reg (3ohm) and LR ones (2ohms). thought this might be interesting to give a shot. Dont know if i for sure want to drip but i want to give it a shot if nothing else. Problem is i have a few questions if someone knows the answer to.

1) will a 510 connect fit the eGo 650 maw bat. I get the impression from what i read that they will, however looking at pics of them and then looking at the bat connect they both look like male threads. Will the work?

2) big lack of knowledge on the dripping thing here so let me ask. If i am dripping how much and how often. Is it like a drop or two take a hit, add a drop more take a hit, etc. In other words whats the drip to drag ratio, if that makes sense?

3) I am tying up most of my money right now getting my kids Christmas ya understand. Along about the first of the year i am planning on going all out with a big PV. But i am so up in the air as to what i want. The Silver bullet sounds good but so does the helix , Saber, who knows what else will look good tomorrow lol

I want something powerful with mountains of vapor and throat to it. I love the eGos dont get me wrong but i want more power and heft. I want to walk down the street vaping where no one is going to think i am smoking ya know. The eGos look too close to a analog.

So any advice you can offer would gladly be taken. I do understand its all subjective and everyone has their personal likes and dislikes. I and asking because i figure if there is any major design flaws (?) or the like you guys would know better than me.

Thanks for all you help and support.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
1) Yes, 510 will fit an eGo.

2) Boge 2.0ohm from CCV are the ticket IMO. The resurrectors are even better.

3) Helix will be hard to get your hands on. The Silver Bullet is a wonderful mod. I have 3 and use them at different voltages...3.7, 4.8, and 6V. Another mod to consider is the Bombshell from hotvapes.com. Very well made and can be vaped at the same voltages as the SB. The button is smaller and recessed so no accidental firings. If you're going to spend the money, go with a variable voltage mod like the BuzzPro from notcigs.com. It's awesome to "fine tune" your juices in with they type of hardware you're using.

Not a big fan of the tak system...I actually prefer regular 510 atomizers over the ego...And I prefer Boge 2.0s over those...Everyones different but basically I use cartomizers for my all day vape, and I use a modded 510 Atty, when my carto's go bad, or I can't fill them where I am (I use a syringe, you can guess why) or to taste experimented DIY flavors..Like right now I'm trying to figure out how to vape Passion Flower extract...Just figure it out as you go...The important thing is you have an eGo Battery, and those kick ......I o reccomend you try Boges if you haven't already...

Do remember I have only used a regular 510 Attie and the Tank Attie

In my humble opinion the tank atties suck...Thee regs, the LR's the wicking process...I hate it all

My personal opinion is that Atomizers are pointless if you don't drip...The wicking isn't all that great in them, and the threads become burnt relatively shortly, atleast for me...I mod them out, which sounds all cool and badass but all that really means is I take out the thread, the bridge, the steely mesh stuff and whatever else and drip directly into the heating coil thing...I use 2-3 drops and rarely have a leak problem..Although you do have to re-drip often, it only takes a second and it is not messy nor does it make you stick out like a sore thumb. Dripping with this modded older Atty is way better in flavor, throat hit, and vapro production in comparison to a new regular unaltered Atomizers...I forget what I was talking about though cause this Passion Flower extract does weird things to your head, hope that helps though

manifestgtr

Mar 27, 2011
lowell mass
I gotta tell you, jerry...

dripping cartomizers was a huge game changer for me when it comes to vaping

id already quit smoking with e cigarettes but I was dripping with atomizers....with this came that burgeoning nasty taste at the end of a drip load, the dilemma of a drying atty while driving, occasional flooding, dewicking, debridging, ruining atties, blowing black liquid out of the bottom...I could go on...I'm not kidding

the best advice I have is to do your research and find a carto that you can't live without, with a drip tip you can't live without, screwed into a pv you can't live without...with a couple bottles of good juice

personally I can't live without a dual coil 1.6-2 ohm carto on an inferno (still saving for a provari or a silver bullet maybe)...plus I have a drip tip from this place that's really pricey and popular...I forget the name at the moment, but they make the absolute best drip tips, period...

I get no more nasty taste..in fact, the flavor is better imo...if the carto dries up I top it off til things slush up a bit...there's no more weird black juice...I don't have to dance with death in my car anymore...and best of all, no more "should I debridge/dewick this thing?" dilemmas

I gotta tell you, jerry...

dripping cartomizers was a huge game changer for me when it comes to vaping

id already quit smoking with e cigarettes but I was dripping with atomizers....with this came that burgeoning nasty taste at the end of a drip load, the dilemma of a drying atty while driving, occasional flooding, dewicking, debridging, ruining atties, blowing black liquid out of the bottom...I could go on...I'm not kidding

the best advice I have is to do your research and find a carto that you can't live without, with a drip tip you can't live without, screwed into a pv you can't live without...with a couple bottles of good juice

personally I can't live without a dual coil 1.6-2 ohm carto on an inferno (still saving for a provari or a silver bullet maybe)...plus I have a drip tip from this place that's really pricey and popular...I forget the name at the moment, but they make the absolute best drip tips, period...

I get no more nasty taste..in fact, the flavor is better imo...if the carto dries up I top it off til things slush up a bit...there's no more weird black juice...I don't have to dance with death in my car anymore...and best of all, no more "should I debridge/dewick this thing?" dilemmas
See the funny thing was I was singing the same messsage when I was using cartos but I'm a broke joke and I needed something to get by so I went by myy local headliens where I got my first e-cig and grabbed a simple 510 Atty, and I dunno...It's almost the same minus the hassle of filling it all the time...But I love it for testing out new juices, and I've got to experiment tons with my Passion Flower Extract because of it in such a short time without having to clean and wait for em to dry...I do prefer Carto's myself, but it seems it isn't a bad idea to ahve atleast asingle Atty lying around somewhere

Jerry B

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
Nashville TN
Well i just ordered 15 C.C.V. Mega LR 1.7 (THE RESURRECTOR) we will give those puppies a shot. I still love the tanks on my eGo but once i move to a big mod i wont be able to use them anyway. Might as well start looking for a replacement now lol.

Besides this way i have the added advantage of being able to set a carto aside for those flavors that grab hold of your atty and dont let go, i am still tasting the cloves i vape 4 days ago lol

Thanks guys your great.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
I don't know... I just got my first ever order of 510 attys and 510 cartos (standard & LR), and spent last evening in vaping heaven dripping with the atty and my ego battery. This morning, I filled one of the standard Boge 510 cartos, let it sit for a couple hours, topped it off and began to vape. I was very disappointed because there was next to no flavor and less vape. I wonder if these things need to be broken in or something because I just don't see what all the hype is about.

Dripping a 510 atty on an ego batt has become my vaping sweet spot.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
i discovered the world of dripping with my ego-t atty.

my ghetto way of dripping is to
1) take off the needle/spike cap
2) 3 drips. put on empty tank.
3) vape

This sounds awesome. I'm so tired of the tank leaking (need those rubber soft caps still) and I didn't think you could drip with the tank atty. Definitely gonna try this.

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
East Pembroke NY
This sounds awesome. I'm so tired of the tank leaking (need those rubber soft caps still) and I didn't think you could drip with the tank atty. Definitely gonna try this.

Been doing it that way for about a year and a half, how I started vaping. Still think its the best way to get flavor

sweetmeat

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Canada
I drip using my Riva and I love it. The only tricky part for me is how many drops to use. I have some liquids with more VG so the drops come out bigger/thicker, I use about 3. Some thinner juices I have seem to make smaller drops so I use about 5-6. When flavour drops off or you get a slight burnt taste it's time to drip some more. When you get used to it you know when to top it off before the burnt flavour comes. I love dripping, I recommend that you at least try it for a day or two, it may become your favorite way to vape! Also when switching flavors you always taste a little hint of the last flavor which can give you some yummy mixes :)

Julia

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
If you do try dripping, try different atomizer resistances. I would at least try 1.5 and 1.8 and see how you like it. Realize not all atties are created the same. I personally prefer the Iken atomizers as they have no burnt taste when needing a refill. Instead they just suddenly taste empty! Those recently are getting hard to come by, so you could also look for cisco spec atties, they are pretty good. I love dripping and have tired so many different attie brands and they are definitely not made equal.

Realize that when you start dripping it will take some patience and a paper towel as it will probably be messy. The best thing to do when you first get an attie is to blow out the oil that is in there. Then drop 3-4 drops into the attie and let sit for 30 seconds. Put 2-3 more drops in and put the drip tip on it. Vape away. The total puffs will vary, but you will notice the flavor start to dilute itself. Roughly, for some it is 3-6 puffs others 10 or more. So you are going to have to play with it. If you get a puff that tastes foul, put 2-3 more drops in. It takes some practice. If you vape and the draw feels slugish and you hear gurgling, you floodid it. You will probably notice liquid poring out of the bottom holes. Take off the atomizer and blow it out and start again.

You should buy at least 2 or more atomizers at a time, as you might destroy one or two as you begin. Also, if you are dripping, a good drip tip is crucial. It took me a while to find one that worked well without having to pull it off and refill. I guess I went with the Cadillac of drip tips, I have a Super T stainless steel drip tip. I would not trade it for the world, love it!!! It is pricey at around 18 bucks for contoured. Another thing to look at if you continue with dripping would be a drip shield. They can be had to come by as the best ones I found are at empiremods.com. They cover the holes at the bottom and provide 2 new holes at the top. Its sorta like a sleeve for your atomizer. With one of those you no longer have to worry about leakage, even if you become good at dripping, there is still some occasional mess.

As I said dripping is awesome, but does take some getting used to and requires some figuring out.
Hopes this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread