To Green Smoke or not to Green Smoke? (30 days almost up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marykayrenee

Jan 24, 2011
Missouri
Super newbie here! I have had my Green Smoke starter kit for about 3 weeks. I was very inexperienced when I ordered the starter kit...and then I had someone send me THIS website, which has so much great info that it's overwhelming at this point. I keep flip flopping on whether to send my starter kit back to Green Smoke for a refund within 30 days or not - one day I want to and the next I think I'll keep trying... I've had some issues and I don't know if I'm just being picky or if there really is a better option out there. One of my batteries didn't come with the specified light up color (which is clearly written on the packing slip). No big deal...until I start counting all the little things. It took 8 days to receive the starter kit from Florida to Missouri, free shipping. So it arrives on Wednesday and comes with 5 cartomizers and I quickly discover that I am going to need more fast. So 2 days later, Friday, I order 20 more cartomizers and PAY FOR PRIORITY SHIPPING as I'm really liking my e-cig & have stopped smoking analogs - don't want to have to buy more to get me through. 8 days later - on the following Saturday, I FINALLY get my cartomizers - so much for free shipping vs. paying for it. Additionally, I'd had to purchase several packs of analogs and was rather enjoying them again. My order was correct on the packing slip but was filled incorrectly. I called customer service & left a voice message of my issues (all of them up to this point). I received an email the following day that they would be shipping out the correct order via FedEx. That was last Sunday. Today, I still haven't received them. In the meantime, I'm continuing to smoke analogs & my e-cig based on how I feel about the company Green Smoke on that day. Today's been a good Green Smoke day. My other complaint is the battery life is poor for both of my batteries.

Green Smoke luckily offers a 30 day money back guarantee on the starter kit and mine is nearing. What are your opinions? Am I going to have the same complaints with other companies or should I send back the Green Smoke and go with a CHEAPER, comparable option? Also, if there's a battery that coincides with the Green Smoke cartomizers (I believe I've read about one or two), I can't send back my 20 cartomizers for a refund so I'm stuck with those (thought about trying to sell them on eBay if I don't get another battery they will fit on).

Thank you so much in advance for any advice, experiences, etc.!

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I also started with Green Smoke and it was awful. I say send it back IMMEDIATELY! You can do way better than that for a lot cheaper with much better shipping. The longest I've ever had to wait for anything I've ordered was some juice from Gourmet Vapor during one of their 50% off sales. I knew they'd get hit hard, so when it took a week to get my juice I wasn't upset at all. Everything else I've ordered from any of my vendors only takes 4 days MAX to get to my mailbox.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Send it back and get a refund. Get an eGo kit at Liberty-Flights.com (or a knockoff eGo called Riva 510 for less money). Use coupon code ECF to get the 20% discount. Shipping from CA is quick. Takes about three days to get to Michigan.

I'm sure you'll get more details about eGo and Riva batteries from others, but all responses should be telling you to send the Green Smoke junk back. Many users send back their original high-priced cheap-quality kits and upgrade to the cheaper eGo or Riva batteries, which will last much longer before needing to be recharged and work better.

Keep reading here at ECF!

Joye eGo (510):
http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=40

Riva 510 (510=type of threads on the battery):
http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=55

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I think return it. They charge $50 for a battery. Batteries should cost under $20. Return it or keep it as an emergency spare with some cartos and buy something else.

If you like that kind of e-cig then get a KR808D-1 instead (in nice colors aka Vapor King at Vapor4Life.com and MaxxFusion at BloogPlanet, but V4L has the best selection of prefilled cartos). it's practially the same except for the threads. Greensmoke is KR808D-2 and incompatible with the better supported and more popular KR808D-1.

And I think Vapor4Life is still having a 30% off all orders over $60 with the code SuperSale30

And if you want something totally different, there are plenty of different things like the popular Ego and Riva 510 (fat battery 510 models) or the fat battery KR8 which is Elegant Easy from CigEasy. And there are all kinds of wild things too like the new Ego-T tank model, screwdriver, chuck, provari, wetboxes - all kinds of stuff.

Last edited:

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
cheeze n rice, $50 for a battery?

protip for the newbs: if the company you're looking at charges any more than say $20 for a cig sized battery, stay away.

edit: after perusing their site for a bit, i can sum their prices up in 2 words: highway robbery. their starter kit is no more than $40 worth of merchandise.

i will say their packaging is appealing, i can understand how people get taken. it's just unfortunate that companies like this own the top google searches.

Last edited:

legacygone

Jan 9, 2011
NYC
Hey.. I went through the same thing you are going through.
You can check out my post here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/157070-my-4-weeks-if-vaping.html

Basically, anything you get thats recommend on this forum will be far superior and much better service.

If you want a small ecig and use cartos (kinda like greensmoke) get an 808d-1 style ecig and I would recommend a PCC.

Otherwise, big battery units and dripping which is what most people here seem to prefer.

I also got stuck with a bunch of greensmoke cartos, so I got this adapter for my 808d-1 and now I can use up those cartos.
LeCig D1 Battery to D2 Cartomizer Adapter

Send that greensmoke stuff back, and you will be happy!

pupmastermp3

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
los angeles
www.facebook.com
I got my money back today!! I sent my Green SMoke back a week ago when I had used it for three weeks as well. I actually thought there flavors tasted really good. And the vapor production was good as well. THe only issue I had with them was the price to reorder cartomizers. I decided to go with the PROVAPE1 and have not looked back since. For the $139 you pay for green smoke you can get the ProVape-1 Starter Kit V2.1 - Special Sale Price of $129. and it is far superior and made in the USA. I will never need another PV.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
My vote says you will, too! Not because the Provape is a bad PV. On the contrary, it's an excellent PV! But your eye will wander and you'll want to expand.

Exactly! And add more PVs to your collection, in case of a future ban. I almost bought three more 650mAh eGos today -- and I already have 15 eGos of various sizes. Like I need more, but what if they all die within the next year -- and what if I can no longer buy them or any PV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread