To the lurkers - ECF has changed my life, and it can change yours; other members please chime in

Status
Not open for further replies.

locomikey5150

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2014
Orange County, CA
I figured I'd start this thread for all the folks who are lurking about the forum, debating on whether to join on not.

ECF has been amazing for me, and I can't put into words how much support is here! I'm still a non-smoker due in large part to everyone's encouraging words. I've been to other forums, but this is my home! The urges to smoke are starting to go away at this point, but when they do occur, I know I have a huge support group around to get me through it.

I know some folks are hesitant due to the 5 post requirement for new members, but that's there to weed out the spammers and keep this a pure forum that we actually want to be a part of. It doesn't take long to make 5 posts, and it's as simple as starting a thread saying hello. The wealth of knowledge here is impressive, and I highly recommend becoming a part of the family. You won't regret it!

I was a PAD smoker for over 20 years. I've tried patches, gum, and cold-turkey to no avail. vaping has changed my life! I started vaping a bit before I quit the analogs, but once I was ready to switch, I never looked back. To be frank, I'm a two-time cancer survivor and I knew I had to quit for my health, but I don't think my willpower alone would have been enough (my cancer wasn't from smoking, fwiw). vaping and my ECF family are what I needed, and I can honestly say for the first time in my life, without a doubt - I'll never have a stinky analog again!

That's my two cents, but let's see what other members have to say. Fellow ECF friends, please share your thoughts on this forum, and how it's helped you. I'd like to see more folks join the family, especially in such an important time as this with the FDA proposal and all the other proposed regulations/bans. Let's turn these lurkers into members, help them help themselves to quit smoking cigarettes, and increase our numbers to get the good word out!

Vape on! :vapor:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Hello Loco!

After you hit a certain threshold of posts (I think 70) you can no longer START threads in this forum, but you sure can respond.

I'm thrilled I found this forum (I feel kinda dirty if I go to other sites and poke around :D ) I've learned so much (and wish I would have joined earlier)

Hearty congratulations!

Hijack

Verified Member
May 7, 2014
Bournemouth, U.K
Nice post loco
This forum is really cool. There is always support for people trying to kick the habit, and there is always a lot going on here. So much so that its my go to forum over my native U.K. forum.
Join up and join in. There are members of all levels of experience here, and you wont feel out of place if you are completely new to vaping.

kslice917

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
North Canton, OH, USA
I have to say, I have been on the Internet for the better part of around 10 years now - that may not seem like a lot to some, but it's enough to know what trends are forming. I've been a part of several chat rooms, IRC Servers, forums, and multiple other community-oriented communication mediums. There are several other places to discuss what we do here on ECF - but not a single one of them will come close to what you will find here.

I remember back in the day when everybody used AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) to chat, and then it switched to Yahoo! chat rooms and then Yahoo! decided to try their hand at instant messaging. Forums started to pop up, Internet Relay Chat (IRC) Servers started to form, and then the cell phone started to explode and text messaging became the new rage. Now we even have social media platforms all over the place (i.e. Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)

But you see, all of these communication mediums had/have one thing in common: They started out big as the next biggest fad; but over time, they started to die off. What you'll experience here on ECF is different! Sure you'll have some people come and go, that's the natural way. But so long as there are vapers - they will find a home here.

So why is that? Simple - we are a community of hobbyist that all have one thing in common: we love to vape! I don't care what they say; even if all vaping products do manage to get banned, you can bet your bottom that there will still be us rebels out there doing what we love. We believe vaping to be a smarter alternative to traditional cigarettes and just look how popular the cancer sticks themselves are! Tobacco has been around for a long time - we know that; even though it was late getting introduced to the English settlers in America, the Native Americans that once inhabited this land almost ritualistically smoked tobacco. Now that we've finally found something that gives us the same satisfaction and we're being told it does so without all the harm...well, it seems like a no-brainer to me.

ECF is home to the largest community of members that have decided to either start vaping, or to make the switch from tobacco. We've been around for a decent little while now and we still continue to see new members daily. Never before have I seen a forum where you are 100% guaranteed to find all of your answers. I have yet to see a thread started on here with 0 replies within the first 24 hours! You can't even pay for customer service that is this dedicated! The best part? We're not kids - we're adults. Nobody is here to judge you, criticize you, or call you stupid for not knowing something. We're all here to help each other out and help our family grow and better understand the joys of our freedom to vape; and if you want proof of that, just take a look at everything we're doing to protect that freedom.

Alright, that's enough ranting for me. I simply cannot express how helpful ECF has been for me. I promise, you'll love it here!

Note: I have a tendency to use the term 'we' a lot throughout my discussion of ECF. Though I feel I share the thoughts and feelings of many other members of this forum, I understand that people will have different views and opinions. I do not mean to offend anybody in any way, nor do I intend to speak for this community as a whole. If you feel I have offended you in any way, I apologize. Feel free to voice your own opinion and be heard. Thank you!

locomikey5150

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2014
Orange County, CA
I have to say, I have been on the Internet for the better part of around 10 years now - that may not seem like a lot to some, but it's enough to know what trends are forming. I've been a part of several chat rooms, IRC Servers, forums, and multiple other community-oriented communication mediums. There are several other places to discuss what we do here on ECF - but not a single one of them will come close to what you will find here.

I remember back in the day when everybody used AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) to chat, and then it switched to Yahoo! chat rooms and then Yahoo! decided to try their hand at instant messaging. Forums started to pop up, Internet Relay Chat (IRC) Servers started to form, and then the cell phone started to explode and text messaging became the new rage. Now we even have social media platforms all over the place (i.e. Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)

But you see, all of these communication mediums had/have one thing in common: They started out big as the next biggest fad; but over time, they started to die off. What you'll experience here on ECF is different! Sure you'll have some people come and go, that's the natural way. But so long as there are vapers - they will find a home here.

So why is that? Simple - we are a community of hobbyist that all have one thing in common: we love to vape! I don't care what they say; even if all vaping products do manage to get banned, you can bet your bottom that there will still be us rebels out there doing what we love. We believe vaping to be a smarter alternative to traditional cigarettes and just look how popular the cancer sticks themselves are! Tobacco has been around for a long time - we know that; even though it was late getting introduced to the English settlers in America, the Native Americans that once inhabited this land almost ritualistically smoked tobacco. Now that we've finally found something that gives us the same satisfaction and we're being told it does so without all the harm...well, it seems like a no-brainer to me.

ECF is home to the largest community of members that have decided to either start vaping, or to make the switch from tobacco. We've been around for a decent little while now and we still continue to see new members daily. Never before have I seen a forum where you are 100% guaranteed to find all of your answers. I have yet to see a thread started on here with 0 replies within the first 24 hours! You can't even pay for customer service that is this dedicated! The best part? We're not kids - we're adults. Nobody is here to judge you, criticize you, or call you stupid for not knowing something. We're all here to help each other out and help our family grow and better understand the joys of our freedom to vape; and if you want proof of that, just take a look at everything we're doing to protect that freedom.

Alright, that's enough ranting for me. I simply cannot express how helpful ECF has been for me. I promise, you'll love it here!

Note: I have a tendency to use the term 'we' a lot throughout my discussion of ECF. Though I feel I share the thoughts and feelings of many other members of this forum, I understand that people will have different views and opinions. I do not mean to offend anybody in any way, nor do I intend to speak for this community as a whole. If you feel I have offended you in any way, I apologize. Feel free to voice your own opinion and be heard. Thank you!

This is a great post, and thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread