Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Has anyone tried putting coffee grinds or whole beans into your mason jar during tobacco extraction? If so beans or grounds and how ground down? I enjoy coffee with my cigarette so this combination seems like it would make a great flavoring. Thanks for any insight and/or experiences you can share.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
One of the best I have found. https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...lavors-from-inawerashop-add-yours-too.546838/
Inawera Coffee Paradise. https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...lavors-from-inawerashop-add-yours-too.546838/

http://www.vaperstek.org/tobacco-coffee-paradise/

"11. Coffee Paradise - VPG. Power Smoke - 10 drops on 10ml
-

Flavoring aroma in bottle - Coffee, light tobacco, maybe a hint of chocolate

e-liquid aroma in bottle - Light and dry coffee smell only

The name says it all, it's a tobacco and coffee paradise, now I know why the name was selected! This is a unsweetened vape, with smooth coffee up front that's evenly and perfectly mixed with a lighter tobacco in the background. I'm also detecting light hints of cream and a little roasted nuttiness on the back end. I'm sure this would please any fan of tobacco or coffee style vapes! This is great by itself, but would also make a great addition to any coffee or tobacco mix!

Suggested starting point, 10 drops per 10ml was perfect for me! I do feel you could probably make it stronger if you wanted, without it quickly tasting bad, unlike the plain coffee, I'm sure it could get bad quickly if over-flavored.

Overall Rating - 8/10 - Smooth!"

cheers
I

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Has anyone tried putting coffee grinds or whole beans into your mason jar during tobacco extraction? If so beans or grounds and how ground down? I enjoy coffee with my cigarette so this combination seems like it would make a great flavoring. Thanks for any insight and/or experiences you can share.

I've not personally extracted coffee (don't care for it as a vape flavor) but others have and reported great results. In every case they used ground coffee. My opinion is that regular ground coffee meant for a drip coffee maker would work fine but a finer grind might be better as long as you adequately filter the finished extract. If it were me I wouldn't mix coffee in with tobacco for extraction since you don't know how strong either flavor will turn out. I'd extract the tobacco and coffee separately so that you'll have control over flavor strengths when mixing. You should be able to extract coffee using the same methods developed for tobacco (hot or cold). I would recommend using the heat assisted method at first just for the sake of obtaining quicker results. Just like tobacco, I doubt the coffee you enjoy drinking will be the coffee best suited for extraction/vaping. I'd experiment with a full flavored "robust" coffee that's well roasted. Just my ten cents. Let us know how it turns out :)

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I've not personally extracted coffee (don't care for it as a vape flavor) but others have and reported great results. In every case they used ground coffee. My opinion is that regular ground coffee meant for a drip coffee maker would work fine but a finer grind might be better as long as you adequately filter the finished extract. If it were me I wouldn't mix coffee in with tobacco for extraction since you don't know how strong either flavor will turn out. I'd extract the tobacco and coffee separately so that you'll have control over flavor strengths when mixing. You should be able to extract coffee using the same methods developed for tobacco (hot or cold). I would recommend using the heat assisted method at first just for the sake of obtaining quicker results. Just like tobacco, I doubt the coffee you enjoy drinking will be the coffee best suited for extraction/vaping. I'd experiment with a full flavored "robust" coffee that's well roasted. Just my ten cents. Let us know how it turns out :)
Thanks for the information, i will post how it turns out.

Reactions: Str8vision

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Heathers Heavenly Vapes has one called Fresh Grinds.... its definately coffie flavored straight up no extra hazelnut poop etc...

and as far as DIY coffie, it needs to be processed at higher temps 180-200F and it should be course ground... and best filtered when hot ( 150-180). Ethanol is out of the question at these temps, so you are pretty much limited to VG or PG. I did try to do a coffie blend with the concentrated coffie extracts the grocery stores sell ( the add water type) but since the extracts are water based, it diluted the VG entirely too much... way too prone to leakage and coil/wick flooding ( a dripper may work better) . The flavor was okay at first but turns bitter after a few days....

Reactions: madstabber

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Coffee beans and ground coffee contains natural oils that are very likely to be harmful to inhale. These are NOT essential fugitive oils that evaporate, but non-drying oils. Do not be foolish - Do not use coffee in your extractions. If you seek a coffee flavor for DIY, do some homework - it is suggested that you seek a synthetic or a 100% certified aquasol that is oil-free (if you can find such a thing). Vaping non-drying oils is harmful!!! Don't do it. (No, I am neither a doctor nor a chemist - but I am not an idiot either.)
Oh sure now you tell me.....a few months too late. Well I am still alive an able to post so they weren't extremely harmful. It turns bitter after a few days like Bunnykiller stated and wasn't very good :danger:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread