Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
When I very first started vaping I used nothing but tobacco favors for about a year. I figured if I was going to quit smoking then I wanted the tobacco taste to help curb my desire for cigarettes not a desert. I only tried my first non-tobacco flavor last week. Today I tried to go back to my tobacco flavors and find that tobacco doesn't taste nearly as good as it used to. No wonder a cigarette tastes horrible if you try one after a period without. You ex-smokers know what I mean. My question is, has anyone else experienced something similar? I find I still want my nicotine, but want to taste something other than tobacco.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Cigarettes don't taste like tobacco! They taste like charred leaves and paper.... not to mention the taste of chemicals and burned flavoring in cigarettes. And just exactly why do cigarette mfgs put flavorings in them... like licorice? Because when you burn the leaves they taste pretty much the same as a bonfire smells. I didn't know what tobacco tasted like until I started vaping. The bitterness tasted smoking after vaping tobacco flavor makes this more than apparent. I also now get the different experiences dippers and pipe smokers have compared to cigarette smokers.

Last edited:

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Cigarettes don't taste like tobacco! They taste like charred leaves and paper.... not to mention the taste of chemicals and burned flavoring in cigarettes. And just exactly why do cigarette mfgs put flavorings in them... like licorice? Because when you burn the leaves they taste pretty much the say a bonfire smells. I didn't know what tobacco tasted like until I started vaping. The bitterness tasted smoking after vaping tobacco flavor makes this more than apparent. I also now get the different experiences dippers and pipe smokers have compared to cigarette smokers.

You make an excellent point. I guess I should've said cigarette-like juices rather than tobacco. I do enjoy a good mild cigar and a very limited number of pipe tobaccos. Haven't smoked either in a great while. Have been unable to find a good tobacco flavor I really like so I wound up simply trying to mimic my old cigarette habit for cessation purposes, but I am beyond that now. Now I'm just looking for some nice flavors to enjoy. Recently tried one called Tropical Smoothie that I liked, but after vaping it for a while I only taste the banana in it. Need to give it a break. I like caramel, vanilla, cappuccino, and some fruits like mango. Haven't tried a mango flavor yet, but can't find a version of any of the others I like. I'm really up to try almost anything, but so few online vendors state any kind of flavor composition. Just a name. Of course, some are obvious, others not so much.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
The nice thing about vaping, and tobacco flavors in vaping -- is that you can have the best of all worlds with tobacco, be it fruit, dessert, candy or more tobacco.

RY4 and it's variants are a great place to start, or a fruit-laden tobacco.

When I began vaping, I just wanted dry, analog type tobacco. But once I discovered Heather Heavenly Vapes, MaddCatt's MaddHatter RYW4, Goodejuice, etc. Flavorful tobacco's that are far away from cigarettes, but satisfies the sweet front and the tobacco need. Now, I am leaning more towards fruitier, sweeter vapes, but still can entertain pure tobacco flavors.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I mix things up to avoid vaper's tongue. My preferences are:

Mountain Vaper's
tobaccos:
USA Mix.. more smokey with a bite
Bacconut.. nut predominant
dessert:
Pecan Roll.. has a touch of cinnamon but not much
all of the above go well together

Mr E Liquids
fruit blends.. 4 or 5 in each that change on hold/exhale
Jade Tiger.. pineapple predominant
Dime Piece.. strawberry predominant
Menthol
to add to the above or alone when I want a change or palate cleanser.

Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited:

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
I mix things up to avoid vaper's tongue. My preferences are:

Mountain Vaper's
tobaccos:
USA Mix.. more smokey with a bite
Bacconut.. nut predominant
dessert:
Pecan Roll.. has a touch of cinnamon but not much
all of the above go well together

Mr E Liquids
fruit blends.. 4 or 5 in each that change on hold/exhale
Jade Tiger.. pineapple predominant
Dime Piece.. strawberry predominant
Menthol
to add to the above or alone when I want a change or palate cleanser.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks for the tips. could you give me a little more info on the fruit blends you mentioned that change on hold/ exhale. Spefically in what they change and which specific fruit blends you liked. The USA mix sounds nice too.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
The nice thing about vaping, and tobacco flavors in vaping -- is that you can have the best of all worlds with tobacco, be it fruit, dessert, candy or more tobacco.

RY4 and it's variants are a great place to start, or a fruit-laden tobacco.

When I began vaping, I just wanted dry, analog type tobacco. But once I discovered Heather Heavenly Vapes, MaddCatt's MaddHatter RYW4, Goodejuice, etc. Flavorful tobacco's that are far away from cigarettes, but satisfies the sweet front and the tobacco need. Now, I am leaning more towards fruitier, sweeter vapes, but still can entertain pure tobacco flavors.

Kept reading so much about RY4's that I went to a local shop and tried their version and have to say it was horrible. Granted their flavor testers have no nicotine content and I have no idea how much the nicotine levels truly affect the taste. I haven't tried enough liquids in varying levels of nicotine to know.

Last edited:

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
Kept reading so much about RY4's that I went to a local shop and tried their version and have to say it was horrible. Granted their flavor testers have no nicotine content and I have no idea how much the nicotine levels truly affect the taste. I haven't tried enough liquids in varying levels of nicotine to know.

RY4 Flavor Varies considerably from vendor to vendor

Also Ive never found a good tobacco juice from a local b&m

I get all my juice online now

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il

Not all e-liquid is created equally. For every good juice, there are 10 bad ones -- same goes with eliquid vendors/makers.

This may help: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...views/193327-really-big-ry4-roundup-long.html

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
RY4 Flavor Varies considerably from vendor to vendor

Also Ive never found a good tobacco juice from a local b&m

I get all my juice online now
I have Vapor's Knoll as my B&M, they have great tobacco vapes but I think they are the exception. Some of the other B&Ms I've tried are just terrible for tobacco flavors. Stuff called "USA" or "Virginia" or "American Blend" taste like old lady fart. Most B&Ms I've visited do some fruit juices well, maybe a Cinnamon Fireball, but they can't get the tobaccos even close to right.

ECF is a tremendous resource if for nothing else, in finding great tobacco vapes. The NET thread, the Big RY4 roundup and some of the supplier sub forums, are loaded with recommendations and reviews.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Thanks for the tips. could you give me a little more info on the fruit blends you mentioned that change on hold/ exhale. Spefically in what they change and which specific fruit blends you liked. The USA mix sounds nice too.

I'll PM you some links because everyone's taste is so subjective it would be good for you to read what the mixers and more users both say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread