Tobacco, tobacco, so many to choose from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Buffalo, WV
I was so amazed at the low prices Wizards Lab was charging for their flavorings that I ordered almost every tobacco flavor they offered in hopes of finding a great single flavor tobacco juice. So far, the Marlbaro seems nice and the Black Honey seems a little weak, but it's difficult to choose one to start with next since they all smell so similar. I never judge a flavor by it's smell, but other than mixing a test batch of each and waiting, do any of you have a favorite? I don't count Double RY4 as a tobacco and it's really one of my favorites, so don't use that one as a choice, please.

Thanks for any opinions, but if you provide any input, could you please say why you like the flavor. It's another subjective thread, but I do respect the opinions I get here when moving on. And again, this is a question about a single flavor tobacco juice.

ardvaark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
I agree about Wizard Labs. Their simply awesome. If you have not already tried it, I would suggest the 555 concentrate at 12 percent. Not sure if its a tobacco or not. But its a BIG daily favorite of mine. Never get tired of it. I was not crazy about the BHT either. It seems to need to go with something else. I just haven't found its partner yet.

Peter

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Well, aside of what you've mentioned, a lot of people enjoy the Commercial. I wasn't too big on it, as it reminds me a cigarette and leaves an odd aftertaste. Graff described it has an unlit cigarette, with a slight sweetness to it, and I think that's a pretty good description.

If you got the Light Brand, it's really what it says it is, light. Honestly, if you feel the Black Honey was weak in flavor, you won't even be able to taste the Light Brand :D I haven't used it since my first mix, however, I do believe I will use it again someday. To me, it adds more of a slight tobacco 'feeling', over the taste itself, and could be used as a mixer to give a blend that extra punch it may of needed.

English Tobacco is a fruit-type concoction, and reminds me of a tropical island (pina-colada-esque). As many will say, SM (Seedman) tobaccos are really good mixer flavorings, so, add this one to another tobacco to give it that extra exotic zing, so to speak.

Asian RY4 smells like maple, even more after some time to sit. When fresh, I felt it tasted akin to HHV (Heather's Heavenly Vapes) Gandalf, or rather, felt that it mimicked an ingredient in said blend. After a few weeks of sitting, that particular note seemed to reduce, and it became somewhat vapeable for my tastes, although definitely not my favorite.

If you already tried the Black Honey, you know what to expect. It might smell light, but it's pretty strong. I only use 3 drops per 5mls.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
What percentages did you start with Blackbeard? Just curious what people mean when they say a flavor is weak because I'm experimenting with all WL flavors too. I have every Seedmans flavor and assumed they'd be strong so I started with low % but they were light tasting.
I have the Commercial at .6 ml in a 10ml bottle of my nic base and it's an average tasting regular cigarette, like a winston or malboro, to me.
Capt. Black is at .3 ml in a 10 ml bottle. Has a nice spicyness to it.

Light is too weak i.e. no flavor at all - not bitter, not sweet, nothing at this point LOL at .6 ml in a 10 ml bottle, so I'm going to add another .2 ml and test it in a few days. .

VA Fire Cured is a nice flavor (but dry) at a low %...I have .2 ml in 10 ml nic base. Then I added 1 drop of Vinegar (another DIY thread) to mellow it out. I tend to like tobacco flavors that have a touch of sweetness. I'm going to try addding a bit of EM sweetner to some of my test batches.
RY4 Asian seems to have a peppery note which I don't like so I'll be mixing that with other stuff to experiment.

SM English Tobacco has some kind of floral or fruity note going on which I also don't like LOL but hasn't steeped very long.

I've heard that Tobacco flavors need about a month of steeping, so I'll need a few more weeks of testing :facepalm:

Blackbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Buffalo, WV
What percentages did you start with Blackbeard? Just curious what people mean when they say a flavor is weak because I'm experimenting with all WL flavors too. I have every Seedmans flavor and assumed they'd be strong so I started with low % but they were light tasting.
:facepalm:

The Marlbaro is 1% and it's just fine, maybe even too strong. The Black Honey I seem to recall was at 4%, but I don't have my notes with me. Weak, to me, means it needs more flavor added to the mixture. There are flavors that, no matter how much you add, you find they never get better. A fruit flavor may taste like watered down fruit juice, and adding more of it will not ever strengthen the fruit flavor. This is not what I am referring to. Weak and strong flavors, to me, mean I have added too little or too much flavor and when I have added enough or too much, the flavor becomes a bold taste.

I just find it amazing that one tobacco can be harsh at 1% while others are mild using stronger percentages. This really is a guessing game. Heck, I'm finding that the amount of time I soak my wick has a lot to do with flavor, and battery freshness affects what I'm tasting. Any more, I don't pass final judgement until I've smoked a couple of tanks of a flavor, try something else, then go back to the test flavor.

Eventually, I'm going to reclassify my tobacco flavors as "pure tobacco flavor" or "secondary tobacco flavor", the latter being something I add to a primary flavor or something to which I add other non-tobacco flavors to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread