ToBeCo 28.5mm Kayfun Lite Plus issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
28.5mm ToBeCo Big Fun had issues wicking due to it's juice Channels being too small.
I kept getting dry hits after dry hits with all kinds of coils and wicking (Cotton, Rayon, Silica, Ekowool)
I decided to enlarge those channels. It took three attempts and finally, I think I've got it.
I enlarged those channels even more. Only this time I put a 4mm thick nut M12 - 0.75mm and drilled the channel with 2.0 mm drill bit, then smoothed the ages with the Dremel.
Looks like it's a winner this time because I see huge air bubbles coming up after each draw I take and that is a good sign.
The question is: Will it start leaking later on? So far it hasn't, but you never know...

2uwId9o.jpg

8ReN9dj.jpg

What's your story on this Big Fun?

madmanmatt

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2012
columbus,oh
I've had one for about a month now. I didn't have to do anything to mine. works great and is well put together. the only time I noticed that mine might get a bit gurgley is out in the heat when using very little wick. with as much wick as you have I would doubt you would get any leaking, Im not positive about that but with my experience with mine I would doubt it.
that looks good on that mod. I have mine on a purple bam and its a pretty sweet combo. 1.85 ohms at 3.9 volts and can get about 16-18 hours out of a 25500 and still not have to fill the tank up. good stuf

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
I've had one for about a month now. I didn't have to do anything to mine. works great and is well put together. the only time I noticed that mine might get a bit gurgley is out in the heat when using very little wick. with as much wick as you have I would doubt you would get any leaking, Im not positive about that but with my experience with mine I would doubt it.
that looks good on that mod. I have mine on a purple bam and its a pretty sweet combo. 1.85 ohms at 3.9 volts and can get about 16-18 hours out of a 25500 and still not have to fill the tank up. good stuf

I've been vaping on mine for two days now. Not exclusively though. I'm still waiting on to run out of liquid, but it is like en "Energizer Bunny" - keeps going and going...
Hopefully by tomorrow I will finish vaping all the liquid in it. So far, no leaking of dry hits.

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
With juice channels enlarged that much you need to wick like that other wise its gonna be flood city.

While I agree a more conservative wicking approach would have likely solved your issue I think your modification was well worth it if it allows you to wick it the same as your other KFs.
I have to wick mine a little differently and it sucks having to stop and remember which technique you need for which tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread