tobeco super tank mini problem.. possible spitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBKLYN

Mar 20, 2015
brooklyn nyc
I decided to get a super tank mini... It was an impulse buy because it was really cheap. Anyway, the flavor and everything is good. I haven't had any leaks... The only problem is I keep tasting juice on my lips and tongue.. almost like its leaking/spitting in my mouth but its subtle and it takes a few hits to notice it. The o-ring on the top where the fill is seams pointless. Im not sure why this is happening. The .2 coils are great and the flavor from this tank is as well... the drip tip/cap sucks thats really the only bad thing about this tank. But it seams like it spiting.. but its subtle.

Any ideas?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I decided to get a super tank mini... It was an impulse buy because it was really cheap. Anyway, the flavor and everything is good. I haven't had any leaks... The only problem is I keep tasting juice on my lips and tongue.. almost like its leaking/spitting in my mouth but its subtle and it takes a few hits to notice it. The o-ring on the top where the fill is seams pointless. Im not sure why this is happening. The .2 coils are great and the flavor from this tank is as well... the drip tip/cap sucks thats really the only bad thing about this tank. But it seams like it spiting.. but its subtle.

Any ideas?
Sounds like your coil is flooded. Since it doesn't seem bad raise your watts a bit until it goes away. Shut down the airflow some as well. If that doesn't help after a few hits come back and we'll try another way.

KBKLYN

Mar 20, 2015
brooklyn nyc
Sounds like your coil is flooded. Since it doesn't seem bad raise your watts a bit until it goes away. Shut down the airflow some as well. If that doesn't help after a few hits come back and we'll try another way.
I tried that the same thing is still happening... Im still tasting juice in my mouth

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I tried that the same thing is still happening... Im still tasting juice in my mouth
Open up your af and loosely wrap a paper towel around the af and blow into the driptip without pressing the fire button. That will purge the excess juice from the coil and deck.

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
Spitting happens to me also.....a little bit, sometimes.

As for the driptip, I agree it sucks, but have found a solution: bought a 510 converter at kanvape, and now can fit normal 510 driptips on it.

They also have a stainless steel top with tip similar to what Tobeco gives you. I also got those. More durable than the stock plastic ones (I've broken a couple already).

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Spitting may ease up as your coil breaks in, but you really want to make sure your coil isn't flooded. It can sometimes take a few blows out of the airholes to really achieve that. Also check all your connections for tightness, to make sure nothing has come loose. A longer driptip can sometimes help with spitback, depending on the magnitude.

For me, with some setups, a particular coil (be it RTA or drop-in) just wants to "spit". Solutions I have found useful: turning airflow up/down, turning wattage up/down, replacing the coil with a different build if it's an RTA (sometimes if I have a lower resistance coil than usual and want to vape it at lower watts, it's not going to cooperate), turning to Temperature control mode (if possible depending on coil material) waiting for the break-in period to pass (I had a Fusion kit that flooded on my like crazy the first time I primed it, thought it was going to be unvapable but got it sorted out and now I LOVE the vape). This was on a fixed wattage (30 watt, high for me) 0.8 coil that turned into a very airy vape that I actually love, but it sure took some breaking in. I rotated drip tips until I found something workable, but yeah, I was pretty much sucking on e-liquid for a while. It wasn't pleasant, but it did pass, especially when I started playing around with driptips.

I find ultem drip tips to be the best for cooling down a "warm" vape, which I almost never experience but with that Fusion kit it was just the ticket.

Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: Dropmyload
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread