Tobh custom drilled airflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

owmang

Jul 3, 2014
New Zealand`
so i already have a tobh clone that ive drilled out to make the 3 air holes into a larger cyclops slot and i have just recieved another top cap and barrel and i want to improve the airflow. i was thinking of drilling out 2-3 extra holes going up at a 45 degree angle.
does anyone have experience with this "cyclone" styled airflow and is it any good. most of my chasing build come out to be around 0.9-0.12 ohms (dual parallel 22g, dual 20g, dual triple parallel 24g)

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Sounds like you should just pick up a Mutation X and save your tobh caps for flavor chasing. I regret drilling holes in my tobh before getting this guy.

indulgence-mutation-x-rda-gotsmok-660x330.jpg

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The cyclone airflow does awesome things for your vapor production. I was skeptical so I got the CCI Militia and it doesn't seem to truly increase production, but it does certainly maintain a greater density. My theory is that this is because it keeps the vapor from each coil from "clashing" in the middle and dispersing instead making it join up in the rotation and funnel to the tip.

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
I actually prefer the tobh if you first slightly enlarge the three holes and then get rid of the slots in between, I notice great density as mentioned above and love the flavor off of it, it is not "airy" enough for some but for things like the little boy rda, I was really disappointed no matter how much you closed off the airflow with the horrible afc on it lol it was always airy....just IMO

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
ive really heard nothing but bad things about the MX. since its just a tobh clone i dont mind if i accidentally ruin it

I've missed all of those posts. I have a MXv1 and a MXv2 and they both rock. I don't like the special screws on the v2 but I know of a bolt and screw shop that'll be fixing that "problem" for me soon.

The angled holes seem to be everyone's preference. I'm no venturi expert but it makes sense to me. Seems like holes with a little more space between them wouldn't be a bad thing. The MX holes are really close together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread