The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Today's mtl devices?

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by chrisz, Jun 24, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. chrisz

chrisz Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2011
    cincinnati, oh
    I am a provari owner. Looking for mods to purchase in the near future to replace them. Any suggestions? Don't want or need high wattage devices. Is there anything left out there for us lower power vapers?

• Love Love x 1
  2. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I love Provari. A couple things though.

There is nothing wrong with "higher powered devices". I look at them in terms of battery life. One battery mods last me two days between charges, two battery mods last four days.

Not bad, and I'm a bit lazy... lol.YMMV.

So, then there is hand feel... if you like smaller mods in general, the one which has the hand feel most like the provari is the JAC 75 watt mod. People like that and is what many provari users went to.

There is also the Dani extreme 3, good build quality but those are a bit complicated..up to you on that but there isn't the simplicity that is provari.

Then there is the American made double barrel by squid industries.. simple, excellent build quality, American made. Win win. Not the same hand feel though..

Good luck.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Like the other poster, I’d say the Jac mod as well. It seems to be the popular with ex-provari crowd. Anonymous similar mod that I like the looks of is the vaporesso Armour Pro. Vaporesso makes a good mod so I’d expect more of the same with the Armour Pro.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Chillin' Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Rivanna
    Another thought...anyone trying to talk-up power is not thinking enough about quality.

I like the Dani family, but the JacVapor 75 seems a lower price factor.

5. Hobbs

Hobbs Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2016
    Just took this pic a bit ago and shared in other threads. Besides the two ProVari I have up and running, there are three more recent purchases. iStick Pico 75W with an SXK Doggystyle. An Ehpro Mod 101 with an SXK Doggystyle. A Billet Box currently with a VapeShell but have other bridges, even a comfort bridge to continue using Nautilus 1.8 ohm coils like I have in the Kabuki tanks on the ProVari tubes.

That Ehpro Mod 101 is very lightweight and pretty small for a regulated tube mod in 18350 mode. The iStick and Billet Box both use 18650's.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Got two of them. They're my favourite...besides the JAC 75 ofcourse. Very decent TC function to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. chrisz

chrisz Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2011
    cincinnati, oh
    Thanks for the responses. I'll have to look at the eh pro mod 101. I've been considering the jac.

8. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Ah you just have to get a JAC some or other time...:thumbs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.