Status
Not open for further replies.

ken729

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
St. Louis, MO
topfeedingtank-1.png

Sorry for my crappy CAD design(first time!), but i had an idea today for a top feeding tank idea and wanted to share. Basically it's three parts, your standard carto tank bottom cap, a middle cap with a hole drilled and a slope toward the atty hole, and a top cap with a sealing o-ring and a drip tip hole.

To feed your atty/carto you would loosen the top cap to take the seal off the juice hole then tip it to allow juice to feed into the chamber between the top cap and middle cap. Then you would turn it right side up and tighten the top cap back down to seal the juice hole. The sloped part in the middle cap would feed the juice directly to your atty or carto!

Any and all ideas and feed back will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Blakd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas TX
Looks like a great idea, only problem I could see is it would need to be pretty tall or you would need to make the tank hole pretty large for juice to flow up/down. The idea is to fill the carto from the top but you would also need a special made drip tip to allow the juice to get down to the filler but keep the breather tube from filling up also. Or would you put a hole low enough in the carto to feed it and use a normal drip tip? This is a good Idea but execution could be hard for something like this.

I was tossing the idea of a 4 piece tank where the carto screwed in to the bottom by way of having a 510 extension built in to the bottom, then the tube, next the upper cap which would be a threaded ring, and then a threaded inner/upper ring that could be unscrewed and screwed back in for filling. I will see if I can come up with a drawing for it soon.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Looks like a great idea, only problem I could see is it would need to be pretty tall or you would need to make the tank hole pretty large for juice to flow up/down. The idea is to fill the carto from the top but you would also need a special made drip tip to allow the juice to get down to the filler but keep the breather tube from filling up also. Or would you put a hole low enough in the carto to feed it and use a normal drip tip? This is a good Idea but execution could be hard for something like this.

I was tossing the idea of a 4 piece tank where the carto screwed in to the bottom by way of having a 510 extension built in to the bottom, then the tube, next the upper cap which would be a threaded ring, and then a threaded inner/upper ring that could be unscrewed and screwed back in for filling. I will see if I can come up with a drawing for it soon.

You expressed my ideas/concerns pretty much exactly. Keeping juice out of the airflow tube would be pretty hard with this design, and the hole would have to be large enough to allow even 100% VG to reach the top...plus it would require the tipping that people hate in top-atomizer designs.

Your tank idea is very similar to the ACT4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread