Top peevs with vape websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
Hey, just a little fun here, about the annoying things about websites, mainly design
1) Everything is a popup menu-I hate it when I'm browsing a site and every time I move the cursor, a popup menu blocks my view of what I'm trying to look at! Drives me crazy!
2)Combine and save- Ok, some(few) are legit, but most that I've seen just link products in a little drop down menu that are the same price as they have listed if you looked up that product alone. Yea, save time since you don't have to look up that product later. And (warning-tin foil hat stuff) I think they just put items there they want to move, or don't want you to see the specs on.
3) Enlarge image- Whether its the hover over image to zoom, or click on it, I hate it when I do and it just shows an image the same size or smaller! They should have it say:don't waste your time, it's the same size.
4) Clearance- Some sites just put out of stock items in the clearance or sale bin, at a ridiculous price. Maybe as a joke, maybe to trick you into thinking they have great deals, but everything else is at a more normal price. But when's the last time you saw a promo at walmart showing a rollback on an empty shelf?
5) XYZ- For some sites, dimensions are top secret information. Why? I go to look at an rda, I want to know if it's 16mm or 30mm, and that darn picture that doesn't enlarge has no scaling.
6) Sign up for our newsletter- I used to fall for this, then my phone battery died from all the incoming emails. Granted, sometimes there's a decent deal in there, but mostly, it's just a site saying Hey, look at me! Websites are so needy sometimes.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
What drives me crazy are the multiple "complete your order now" emails I get from vendors after I bail on an order due to international shipping charges being more than that products I want to order.

Let me see what shipping to Canada will cost BEFORE I waste time inputting my personal info.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
If you're giving out a discount code make sure the bl**dy thing works. I don't want to be searching through a site finding stuff (that i don't really need) so i can use a discount code that doesn't work at checkout. Guaranteed to delete that site from my favourites.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Never buy batteries from a vape website.
Always buy cells from a reputable well known retailer.
I always wondered why retailers even bothered selling eFest and other rewraps (not talking about fake LG, Samsung or Sony).

If I can buy small quantities (2 or 4) of top 18650s for $5 on sale, why the hell can't any retailer buy a few hundred/thousand authentic LG/Sony/Samsungs for $3-4 and sell them for less than EFests and still make huge margin selling them all day long for $8-12?

I never understood this unless they are buying EFests for $2-3.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I always wondered why retailers even bothered selling eFest and other rewraps (not talking about fake LG, Samsung or Sony).

If I can buy small quantities (2 or 4) of top 18650s for $5 on sale, why the hell can't any retailer buy a few hundred/thousand authentic LG/Sony/Samsungs for $3-4 and sell them for less than EFests and still make huge margin selling them all day long for $8-12?

I never understood this unless they are buying EFests for $2-3.

You nailed it.

They like efest because efest will deal directly with vape stores and sell their cells very low.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
You nailed it.

They like efest because efest will deal directly with vape stores and sell their cells very low.
That's a shame. For an extra buck or two margin they are selling potentially garbage and/or dangerous batteries. Not like 25r or HE4's are exactly hard to source.

I DO use 18350/18500 EFests in my Provaris as AWs are stupid expensive here, but I would never use an EFest in a mech. No thanks. My EFests have worked well over the last year but only running them at 12-13w in regulated devices.

Reactions: Foggy Road

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
It aggravates me when I go to a website's main page, for their coils, for example. Maybe there's 3 items I'm interested in and NONE of them say or show that they're Out of Stock on that main page. So I go to an individual page for some coils I'm interested in buying...and I try every shown resistance, single coil, or pack of 5 coils, etc....only to find they're ALL out of stock. G RRR! Why can't they SHOW they're out of stock on the main page...so I don't waste my time checking them all?

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
oooh, ooh, .....fest! Some things I hate:

When the site puts the product in a popup window. You want to link to it to tell someone "have a look at this, I think you'll like it"? You can't. Because it's in a popup window for no good reason at all, and there's no url for the popup. Site just missed another sale.

The top menu that drops down over the whole page when you accidentally mouseover; I spend SO MUCH TIME playing Dodge The Menu.

No description. You click to see what kind of flavor CatsHairyHiney might be, and it says nothing. I have to leave your site to google CatsHairyHiney? I'll probably just go to the site that has the description. Same for no specs, no info for what kind of battery, coil, etc for hardware. I've also seen sites selling juice that don't say what SIZE the bottle is (and don't have a selection option). Am I paying 15€ for 10 ml? Because No. Is it 30? Is it 60? I might be more intrigued.

SHIPPING AND PAYMENT INFO x <sup>1000</sup>. Just freaking tell me: do you take paypal? Do you ship internationally? What are the charges? I have spent a bazillion hours looking for this info on sites. Make it easier, and you will get more customers.

Believe it or not, NO CONTACT INFO. I was at a site in the last few days that had a telephone number (only) under contact info, and the site was in another country, plus, I don't do phone. They have a site that is selling online, but there's no way to contact them online? Did your grampa build this site?

Sites that empty your basket / log you out if you leave it for a while. Why? Why? I just spent an hour on your site and put some things in the basket because they looked interesting, but there's no way I'm going to remember what they were if you log me out and empty my basket. I understand logging people out for safety reasons, but at least keep the basket in play. It sounds silly, but this happens to me quite a lot.

On the other side of the security question, sites that send you your password in plain text if you forget it. I'm amazed this actually still happens in 2016 nearly 17. I feel like that is going to be a totally insecure site. I don't use my cc, so that's not such a concern, but the site could have other malware sneakyware bad stuff going on if that is the level of their security.

*takes a deep breath* Okay, that was off the top of my head. I'm not actually such a big crankypants, but this thread may help aspiring online retailers to avoid some problems, so I'll contribute. Out of the goodness of my heart! :)

CoreyDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham, UK
Sites that seem to be reasonably priced, you add to the basket, fill out all the forms, go to delivery options then to be told they charge a small fortune for postage putting the cost of the items way above the price from rival sites. Even had a site other day that hid the delivery cost from the total amount with a 'Pay' Button next to it. The actual total amount with delivery was hidden right down at bottom with another 'Pay' Button there.

Just tell me how much I'll have to pay for delivery upfront!!

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
That's a shame. For an extra buck or two margin they are selling potentially garbage and/or dangerous batteries. Not like 25r or HE4's are exactly hard to source.

I DO use 18350/18500 EFests in my Provaris as AWs are stupid expensive here, but I would never use an EFest in a mech. No thanks. My EFests have worked well over the last year but only running them at 12-13w in regulated devices.

Efest rewraps and mislables specs, but they seem to actually use decent cells.
They can be potentially dangerous, but they arent really garbage cells.
I use them occasionally in regulated mods and I dont pull over 15a from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread