Topside Dual Rebuilding help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
Any one in Winnipeg, Manitoba that can fix this for me as the screws are too small and I am old :)
I have a original Topside Dual that has the broken battery Door. I have gotten an new door and the new type body for it from Topside. I need someone to take it apart and transfer the old parts to the new body and install the new door. I have also downloaded the instructions from Topside of how to transfer to new type.

Thanks

Melmak

Attachments

• new Parts.jpeg
    new Parts.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 12
  • Old Topside broken door.jpeg
    Old Topside broken door.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Old Topside.jpeg
    Old Topside.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 12

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Wish I was local to you. I'd gladly do the swap. I did the swap on one of mine last year.

Reactions: Izan
Also would gladly help, but alas: geography.:(
Good to know that Dovpo offers replacement doors though. I have 2 duals, and I worry about breakage every battery change.
Thanks for the reply. There are some links to how to repair the doors on their website also but because of age can't see or hold small screws very well to be able to do it.

Melmak

Wish I was local to you. I'd gladly do the swap. I did the swap on one of mine last year.

Thanks for the reply.
For the older model you have to buy the new body also as it looks a lot stronger ( 4 screws instead of 2) just they are all sooooo small :)

Melmak

Kelt.

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 22, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Thanks for the reply. There are some links to how to repair the doors on their website also but because of age can't see or hold small screws very well to be able to do it.

Melmak
    If you have no success here, maybe reach out to a sympathetic jeweler or watch repair shop. could a local vape shop help ?

There's a pretty good vape community where I live, people have made things for me (replacement buttons ) found specific mods when I was on a quest, and I have helped where I could in return. F**ebook is a quagmire, but if you're intentional, it can be a great community resource.
    I dread the days when my eyes and fingers will not do what I want them to, I'm trying to future-proof my vaping equipment stash with regard to aging, coming to terms with the possibility that pre-made commercial coil-heads may have to be my fall back, but also investing in jeweler's headgear (magnifying and lighting) strong lighting, and magnetic tools that hold screws, vices to hold devices as I work on them and stuff like that makes my current day-to-day projects easier now, and provides me with a feeling of self-reliance that assuages my concern.
    I hope you find someone to help you

Thanks for the insight. I have gotten a hold of one of the vape shops here and the guy there said he can help me with it. I should have mentioned that I am just back in Canada from Manila and I have most of the tools that you mentioned there in my house but nothing here except a small tool kit. I brought just a few mods with me and I really miss my squonk.

Thanks again

Melmak

Reactions: Izan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread