Tornado-T roll call!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfAtTheDoor

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
texas
This sort of answers the question I just posted... but still. Is your tank really functioning as well as a mega LR in terms of vapor production and taste? Do I just (perhaps) have a defective one?

In my opinion? Yeah, it works just as well for me in vapor production and taste as the mega LR atty/cart combo, maybe just a slight bit less vapor production, but not too much. Honestly, I do not notice too much of a difference in vapor production between regular attys and LR attys, but then again, I may not be as picky as some people when it comes to vapor production, as long as it is something I can see and isn't just a tiny little plume of vapor. As far as taste, I would say, yes I think the taste from the tank is better than the mega combo, with the mega carts flavors have always tasted a little washed out to me and not as good as in just a regular or LR carto.

Though the range/mix of PG/VG I vape may have something to do with the vapor production I get as well. I vape a range from 80% PG/20% VG, to 50/50 and my own flavor creations range right around the 50/50 % mark as well.

Abubika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
Downingtown pa
Just got this thing in the mail 30 minutes ago. Only got 1 atty and 1 pack of tanks to try and I gotta say so far I like it alot. Vapor production and taste are a little better than the regular 510 atty with dripping on my ego and I haven't even broken this bad boy in. I just filled the tank put it on and twisted it around and took some primer puffs and done. Been gaping for 15 minutes straight with no issues or change in taste. This is what I've been waiting for as dripping and driving was my biggest pet peeve.

One thing I hope gets corrected tho (just my OCD) is for tw to make the devil line up with button and not end up on the side. Other than that I will have an order in for more attys today

So my question to all of you who are very satisfied with your Tornado-T: What devices are you coming from? What did you use prior?

I started with 510's, then on to KR808s, then for the past several months have used the ceramic R4's. When wicking well the ceramics are very nice. I tried low resistance carts a couple times and loved the first drag or two but found I couldn't keep them wet enough fast enough.

I'm using the Tanks on some Riva batteries and they work great.

Occasionally there will be a draw that seems a bit dry; when that happens I just take a couple power-less pulls to reprime the atomizer. Then it seems good to go.

I've got a boatload of vapor and the flavor is very nice. The no-leak, easy fill up is a huge draw for me. The ceramics were a pain in the rear to fill with that syringe; I tried a needle-tipped bottle with little luck and always had to go back to the syringe, which I hated.

Last night I burned Camule; today I've switched to Wowboy. Going to dedicate a tank to a favorite menthol shortly. I REALLY like these. The test will be how long I can get the atomizers to last.

dreamer728

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
New England
Mine came in the mail yesterday! (My tracking info still has not updated, i think USPS just never scanned it)

Immediately I rinsed both attys under hot water and blew them out until dry. Filled up my first tank (wow the caps are hard to get off the first time!) and vapor production at first was a little poor, probably due to a little water leftover inside. Couple big draws later and it was up to par and performing like a champ. Couldn't put it down and basically vaped it dry while watching a movie. Filled 'er up again and the draw seems easier, more vapor production, and the flavor is amazing. I'm using Halo menthol ice and it's like a menthol bomb. I usually don't get this much flavor out of my cone atty setup until late at night and it was tasty right off the bat.

I'm looking forward to using this to travel to NYC Monday thru Wednesday - long drive, then train rides and being out and about is not really conducive to topping off and dripping and all that mess, so I think the new Tornado-T is exactly what I've been looking for. It does use more juice but I think that's just me not willing to put it down ;)

A+

edit** Actually i'm gonna give it an A- just because the devil logo doesn't line up with the button and that drives me crazy too

Last edited:

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Got some in the mail today and cut the end with a pipe cutter so that it would fit on my ProVari. So far it's working pretty well. The only thing I don't care for is the tight draw. I'd like a little more air flow but that's probably because I've gotten used to cartomizers.

I don't know exactly how you modified yours.. or how it fits on the ProVari... but if you don't allow for airflow at the base of the cone the draw will be quite tight. As you probably noticed, the stock configuration has two notches in the bottom of the cone where it seats on the eGo battery collar.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Yes, i agree, devil logo being off kilter is bothersome. For some reason, it does line up on my TW usb battery with devil on left side, the text on the right, which is a little better. I was thinking that maybe TW doesn't want fingers to wear the logo away if it was in the middle.

There is no way that TW can control the orientation of the logo when it is screwed onto a battery. My eGo mod has a filler-port that I like to have aligned with the button, and I have the same basic issue when I change batteries. I had to modify all of my batteries so that they "clock" correctly.

emanguba

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Virginia
Actually Scott, it screws on every TW Tornado batt to the exact same location. They could definitely spec that on their own products. Of course, they couldn't control Joye/Janty/3rd party batt line-up

Not sure about that one, cuseguy...

I ordered 3 atty's from TW and all three had a different screw-end-result.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Actually Scott, it screws on every TW Tornado batt to the exact same location. They could definitely spec that on their own products. Of course, they couldn't control Joye/Janty/3rd party batt line-up

Honestly.... pure dumb luck.

IN the MFG process they don't "clock" the start of the thread or the "deck height" of the "crown" with respect to the threads. They're all over the map from Joye....

Well, I have only had the tank system for a little over a day now and have to say I am impressed so far. I have a stock on regular atomizers, xl atomizers and ego mega atomizers. The mega carts on the mega cylinder shaped atomizers did function a bit better than the standard 510 or the 510xl atomizers with their respective cartridges. I still found myself having to top off very often and that made vaping while in my cars not the best of options. For driving I was still carrying my filtered cigars. Well, yesterday I went out with my tank system for almost 3 hours and kept my cigars unused for the first time.

I think the evolution of these just might be promising. I hope Joye or one of their associates decides to make the tank system in the cylindrical shape as they have the mega atomizers. I think Scottbee mentioned this earlier in this thread or another. The volume would be increased by around 66% roughly without making it any longer. Time will tell just how long the atomizers and tanks will last.

I have gone through only about 6 filled tanks on 2 atomizers so far. I have not experienced any problems yet. I do not remove the caps to fill the tanks. As has been suggested I have tried using a drip bottle and a syringe. The syringe seems to work best for me since you can fill from the bottom up with the tank inverted tip down. This method allows for air to escape easier and faster. A 18 gauge needle works great.

For the most part my juices are 75pg/25vg if that matters to anyone. The vapor, flavor and TH are all good. They all seem to be somewhere between a regular atomizer and dripping which is fine for me.

Happy Vaping to all......................

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Because of the way the cut down atty meets the juice well on the ProVari, I have indeed restricted the air-flow a bit. I put it on a Fistpck where the atty is not restricted and the air flow is a bit better. I just think I'm used to the E2 cartos which have tons of air flow. Nothing that a little time with a Dremel can't fix!

triplec76

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
I received my 2 atties and 10 tanks today. After the atty broke in, I am pretty impressed in terms of flavor. Wow. I've been dripping the LR atty for a few weeks now and like the throat hit tailpiping that atty produces. However, the flavor is exceptional so far on the tank system. Like others have said, it does seem to be going through juice really quickly. If 20 drops of juice equals 1ml, it would take me 4 to 5 hours to hit 1ml dripping. I went through a tank in about 2 hours tonight. I'll have to test it a little more to make a determination on that.

Is anyone else having their atty paint peel off at the top near the tank? I wonder if it's my juice (mixture of 100% VG BWB Maple Tobacco and AmericanEliquidstore's Cinnamon VG - maybe the cinnamon I'm thinking because the paint is peeling a little bit at the top of my LR atty).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread