• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Toronto: urbanvapour.com and onestopeshoppe.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

varitablevoltage

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Canada
I've bought a Kanger T2 and some juice from onestopeshoppe.com. The guy who runs it is opiniated yes, that may rub some people the wrong way, but personally I've never had a problem or issue. Can't say much else. He deals with one brand of hardware: joyetech and has one supplier of liquid that looks familiar from the labelling but I have no idea where. For me it's a central T.O. B&M I can pick up juices when I'm in a bind. Really I deal online as I get what I want and the customer service I like that way. Definitely curious about seeing CanVape in the flesh, might try and go to the flea market on the weekend.

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I dunno. I have to call a bit of BS on the Reddit poster. Kevin certainly seems rather forthright and opinionated -- lots of us are, as far as that goes, but it seems like the poster's decided to enhance the truth, as it were, to fit a more damaging narrative because something opinionated but otherwise relatively innocuous offended his delicate sensibilities.

I dunno. I enjoyed my visit to Urban, and the friend I brought along has been making fairly regular trips there (since he lives relatively nearby) and he's never had a bad word to say about his experiences there.

gmypc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
GTA, ON
I started by my vaping journey by picking up my ego-c kit there. I think it was Kevin - he walked me through the set up and made sure I got everything working before I left. Haven't been back but it's nice to know there is a store you can just drop by and pick up stuff.

Hope people don't get turned off by the negative post. As with all things in the internet, bad reviews generally gets the most attention.

Not taking any sides but I hope this is not detrimental to the brick and mortar side of the business.

The man is rude but that's the truth.. unfortunately I have to get my juice there because I don't want to deal with the hassle of shipping.. I feel as if he is not a professional buy having little to no customer service skills and TELLS you what to buy as appose to agree and guide you to what might be best for you IF you are new to the vape world. I have been vaping 2+ years now and he still tries to correct me. When sadly most of the time he is wrong. Of yeah and Kevin when you list a specific price stick with that price. Dam prices change every week. I would think it wise if the man hired on someone with excellent CSR skills. Cause with that attitude and poor people skills I don't see the showroom lasting long. It's only time before Toronto blows up within the vape community. I see a dozen plus stores within the next year or so.. tighten up your game homie.. this is just my honest opinion. Not trying to take a stab at anyone. But after recent BS and embarrassment I had to deal with at that place.. I am kind of happy I found this thread

LesVegas

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2012
BC, Canada
Well, I have to say I'm disappointed with Onestopeshoppe, and I really really didn't want to be. I ordered 6 bottles of juice (pay for 5, get 1 free), and received 6 bottles, but only 4 of the ones I ordered. The last 2 were both the same and a flavour I've never even heard of.

Personally, I don't care if the guy is rude or has no CSR skills. I'm ordering online, and all I want is my order to be accurate and shipped in a timely manner. It was shipped the day after I ordered, so no problem there, and mistakes can happen. But I emailed him to ask about what can be done, and got no response. Then I come here and see a post from Nov. 5 that is very similar to my issue, with several emails and calls, with no response, then finally a resolution.

ECF won't allow me to quote the post for some reason, its in the negative supplier review section. I'm hoping this Kevin guy reads this forum, because he's risking losing some very good customers. I was sampling some tobacco flavours based on Mindfield's positive reviews, and I really liked 2 of the 4 I chose (I chose 6 but received only 4 of them). Jugheads stopped supplying Dekang juices, so I've been looking for a good supplier, and the quality, even of supposedly the same Dekang stuff varies alot from one vendor to the next. Well the quality of the Onestopeshoppe Dekang juices is fantastic, so I don't even mind paying the higher prices.

What I do mind, is paying for things I didn't order and not being able to get a hold of the company to sort it out. I would have gladly ordered 5 or 6 30ml bottles every month from this vendor, and would still like to because the juice is very good. But I guess my search will have to continue. Someone really needs to talk to this guy.

chinamon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
i went by there today to make my first purchase ever (first time vaper). i dont think the guys name was kevin that i dealt with. i believe it was jeff but he was friendly. i would have spent more money but he was honest and told me it was something that i did not need yet since i am a first time vaper (i wanted to get the ego-c twist). the lady at the desk was very helpful as well. i had a very good experience so i will definitely be back.

Esharp

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2012
London, Ontario
I ordered my E-vic from One Stop late on a Wed. night and had it in my mailbox that same Friday. No complaints from me. If you had an issue with your order then you should try and get it straightened out through the vender. They usually want these things sorted out as word of mouth is the best advertising for them. You have to keep in mine also, we are all human and we do make mistakes. It's not a perfect world. May the vape be with you.

nuclearbroccoli

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2011
In the West
I actually just received some juice the other day that I ordered from onestopshoppe. No problems getting a reply to my email before I ordered, and the order arrived quickly. Didn't like the juice, but that's not their fault (btw, triple menthol tastes like sucking on a cough drop while chewing spearmint gum - yuck).
I've never met the guy in person though, so I can't judge. If I ever have a problem with a vendor, I'll just do what I do with any other company and vote with my wallet...

BudaClouds

Jan 15, 2013
Toronto, ON
I have been going to onestopeshoppe for probably 3 - 4 months now.
Kevin is a bit of a rollercoaster at times he is nice and friendly and gives me freebies.
other times he is really busy and gets stressed out and a little bit harsh.
I wont be going back soon anyways because he is out of most tobacco flavors for 2-3 weeks apparently because of chinese new years.

Cora Aorta

Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Toronto
I have been going to onestopeshoppe for probably 3 - 4 months now.
Kevin is a bit of a rollercoaster at times he is nice and friendly and gives me freebies.
other times he is really busy and gets stressed out and a little bit harsh.
I wont be going back soon anyways because he is out of most tobacco flavors for 2-3 weeks apparently because of chinese new years.

^This^ ... I WILL say he was GREAT when I went in and needed to get set up as a first time vaper. He was really nice -- even let me sample some juices. I think he gets a bit flustered when it's busy ... (hint - avoid Friday evenings after 5:00 pm - chaos!) ...

The girl at the desk is really, nice and fairly helpful. And there was another, younger guy in there who sold me a VIVI Nova tank which I LOVE ... he was also super helpful and very chatty.

It's gotta be tough - being the only B&M in town. I will say that I've had very good experiences with Kevin and his staff, thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread