Tounge burn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasteles

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Ohio, USA
Ok, this is my first post and I've been reading alot on this site for over a month. Been a smoker forover 30 yrs. Was smoking 2 ctns. of analogs a week for a long long time. And yeah I was taken on my first e-cig purchase. Since then, I've bought a Valcano/EGO from TW and have been off analogs for 5 weeks now.

Anyway, I started with TW's 24mg liquid and didn't care for it, bought some from johnson creek and liked the flavor but I was a really heavy chain vapor the first week and juice from both those sites really tear my tounge up when I chain vape. I have reciently gotten some juice from Tasty Vapor and dropped to 18mg and it doesn't seem to burn up my tounge when I chan vape. My question is, what is causing the the burnt tounge? Is it too high a nicotine strength, or PGA, maybe even cayenne pepper?

I'd like to try the DIY and would like to know what to avoid, I've already gotten some VG/Nic and plain VG. My first thought was the PG was causing my tounge burn but now since trying the 18mg from TV, I'm not sure. Any insite on this from more experianced users would be greatly appreciated.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Juice on the tongue is a culprit for this (chemical burn ick) - but so is vaping until you get used to it. It does settle down - I got a bit of a sore tongue the first week - and a sore on the roof of my mouth too - could be either or both of the things i mentioned. Could also be from giving up cigs as that's mentioned on giving up smoking sites as a side effect from giving up. They haven't re-occurred though (and I wish I could tell you thats because I never get juice in my mouth these days..lol), so I didnt worry about it :)

Tasteles

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Ohio, USA
Well it's not from getting juice in my mouth, I have a couple times but that's not what I think's been going on. It just happenes when I vape more often, when not being occupied and hasn't happened since I got this juice from TV. That's why I was wondering if it was something else. I guess I'll just have to experiment some to see if I can figure it out.

Thanks for the reply, it's greatly appreciated!

dawgcrazy

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Ohio
I'd like to try the DIY and would like to know what to avoid, I've already gotten some VG/Nic and plain VG. My first thought was the PG was causing my tounge burn but now since trying the 18mg from TV, I'm not sure. Any insite on this from more experianced users would be greatly appreciated.

I find for me, it's both the PG and the amount of nic. If I mix my PG and VG it's not so bad unless I get too much nic in my mix, then I notice it again. If I do a lower dose of nic in just PG, I get the burn. So I am pretty sure both can cause it.

dark cobra

Feb 2, 2010
Canada
Did that to me too first with PG which led me to think i was sensitive or allergic to it so i switched to VG. Tried it again recently and stuck with it longer, got used to it. Now it tingles a bit WHILE i vape and thats it.

As some stated, one of the best solution would be to either get some no nic PG and instead of using your no nic VG to dilute your nic, use PG...or use VG only. Personally i'd try mixing both because well, who wouldnt want to get the best out of both :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread