TPA's Sour

Status
Not open for further replies.

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
Just got TPA's sour and sweetener. The sour is 20% malic acid in PG. Wondering what a good percentage to start with is. Going to try to make some sour fruit juices. I know sweetener is to be used sparingly. I tasted a drop of the sour, and it was really bitter. I'm hoping it makes my juice tangy without the bitter taste I got from one drop on my tongue. I noticed on one of the older threads about using citric/malic acid that a few people stated no matter how much they added to their liquid, they never got a sour taste. I guess I will find out!

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
Thanks. I'm planning on purchasing Lorann's sometime to give that a try as well. I just made a 5ml fruit liquid but I used 2 drops per ml based on an old thread and "guesstimation". That's a bit more than 1 drop per 5ml, lol. Ha, I guess it's all trial and error. Will taste the juice tomorrow after it sits for a bit, though I may have gone a little overboard o_O

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Wow, no testing the water first? You are the why test the water when there's a diving board type, lol. Actually you might be right on depending on the effect desired. I have several of my DW's Jolly Rancher flavors that I use 2drps per ml of T&S. They are the stronger fruit flavors, cherry & pineapple. The amount of sweetener will also play a role, the sweeter it is the more T&S needed.

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
Yeah, I'm going for a jolly rancher type flavor. I figured at worst I ruined 5 ml of liquid, at best I made something vapeable, lol. I've only mixed up 3 flavors since I got my DIY stuff; the sour fruity one today I was a bit more reckless with. I didn't go crazy with the sweetener, though. Just used a couple of drops. I have gone through about 30 mls of a watermelon/menthol that I like, so I know I have at least one flavor I am happy with and I did start out small and make note of the percentages I used for that one : P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread