EU TPD - is this really the current and ongoing state of affairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
True. All that and much more.

A lot of countries are banning online and cross border sales. Only the brave will still ship to Portugal, for instance (or those who don't mind waiting and seeing how much of that is implemented). Taxing e-liquids is another reality: 0.60 € per ml in Portugal. But think of Hungary, for instance, (I think it's Hungary): both flavours and nicotine are banned, which means all they can do is mix PG with VG and blow clouds.

And, btw, Totally Wicked's Legal Challenge has been turned down by the corrupt Court (well, court actually).

Well I was nearly at the end of my vaping supplies, and just about to quit anyway (I was running everything down ready to quit), but since I read this news I've ordered another 500ml 7.2 nic base, a Koopor Plus 200W TC mod and a new TVF4 sub-ohm tank - if I change my mind about quitting vaping *I* want to have the ... option. Mad world...

Reactions: LaraC

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
The possible truth is, apart from a few maniacs, people couldn't care less about vaping. The only people who actually care about vaping are we who leave messages on forums. Politicians couldn't care less either. They always think of the short term and in the short term vaping is a menace (small as it may be, in relative terms). So, nobody (except for us) cares and that's why we've lost battles and are at risk of losing the war.
We may have arrived too early or too late, at the wrong time anyway. Maybe someone will do us justice in the future. Dispassionately, I think. Or maybe not so, that depends on the particular historian/journalist/whatever. Of course, it will be too late for us. But that's life.
And the worst thing is it's perfectly normal...

Reactions: nessim

Benji_Rock

Dec 4, 2015
What angers me most, is that the government (EU or otherwise) think we're stupid. Theyre mantra for it is all about safety and all that rubbish but anyone with half a brain can see it's only for theyre profit, and to keep everyone smoking. Sure they play lip service to health organisations by putting picture on packets and hiding cigarettes behind closed shutters, but i doubt any of it stops kids taking up smoking and they know it. If anything it's probably more "ooh what are those things behind the secret shutters? Whatever it is must be badass!". The tobacco cash cow still has milk in it, and then suddenly, 'oh crap, everyone's starting vaping which we're only getting VAT from, better put a stop to this!'. This has turned into a bit of a rant, but I'm just so angry about it. I just feel more and more like we're living in a dictatorship. Frankie Boyle summed it up perfectly in a tweet during the junior doctors strike the other week when he said we're living under a government so right wing, doctors are being called dangerous radicals.

Reactions: nessim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread