The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

TPD - is this really the current and ongoing state of affairs?

Discussion in 'EU Legislation' started by Dearth Vapir, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dearth Vapir

Dearth Vapir Senior Member ECF Veteran

2. opticruby

opticruby Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2015
    UK
    Hmmm. I think I'm going to order another couple of liters of nic-base this week.

Reading things like this worries me.

3. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    Doom is imminent (probably), stock up now while you can.

4. Zakillah

Zakillah Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2015
    Vienna
    Its even worse in a lot of countries. In Austria you cant import vape products by 20th May, for example.
    As soon as I read it, I ordered 4 more liters of nic base.

Nobody really knows how bad its really going to be, but I personally am not taking any risks.
    Yes; stock up while you can.

5. Lemwise

Lemwise Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Joure
    My girlfriends and I currently have 8 litres of nic base in a small freezer and more hardware than we know what to do with. Everything we need to continue vaping like we do now will always be freely available. So for us nothing changes.

6. Jorge22

Jorge22 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 16, 2011
    Ermesinde (Portugal)
    True. All that and much more.

A lot of countries are banning online and cross border sales. Only the brave will still ship to Portugal, for instance (or those who don't mind waiting and seeing how much of that is implemented). Taxing e-liquids is another reality: 0.60 € per ml in Portugal. But think of Hungary, for instance, (I think it's Hungary): both flavours and nicotine are banned, which means all they can do is mix PG with VG and blow clouds.

And, btw, Totally Wicked's Legal Challenge has been turned down by the corrupt Court (well, court actually).

7. Dearth Vapir

Dearth Vapir Senior Member ECF Veteran

Well I was nearly at the end of my vaping supplies, and just about to quit anyway (I was running everything down ready to quit), but since I read this news I've ordered another 500ml 7.2 nic base, a Koopor Plus 200W TC mod and a new TVF4 sub-ohm tank - if I change my mind about quitting vaping *I* want to have the ... option. Mad world...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jorge22

Jorge22 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 16, 2011
    Ermesinde (Portugal)
    The possible truth is, apart from a few maniacs, people couldn't care less about vaping. The only people who actually care about vaping are we who leave messages on forums. Politicians couldn't care less either. They always think of the short term and in the short term vaping is a menace (small as it may be, in relative terms). So, nobody (except for us) cares and that's why we've lost battles and are at risk of losing the war.
    We may have arrived too early or too late, at the wrong time anyway. Maybe someone will do us justice in the future. Dispassionately, I think. Or maybe not so, that depends on the particular historian/journalist/whatever. Of course, it will be too late for us. But that's life.
    And the worst thing is it's perfectly normal...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Benji_Rock

Benji_Rock Full Member

Dec 4, 2015
    What angers me most, is that the government (EU or otherwise) think we're stupid. Theyre mantra for it is all about safety and all that rubbish but anyone with half a brain can see it's only for theyre profit, and to keep everyone smoking. Sure they play lip service to health organisations by putting picture on packets and hiding cigarettes behind closed shutters, but i doubt any of it stops kids taking up smoking and they know it. If anything it's probably more "ooh what are those things behind the secret shutters? Whatever it is must be badass!". The tobacco cash cow still has milk in it, and then suddenly, 'oh crap, everyone's starting vaping which we're only getting VAT from, better put a stop to this!'. This has turned into a bit of a rant, but I'm just so angry about it. I just feel more and more like we're living in a dictatorship. Frankie Boyle summed it up perfectly in a tweet during the junior doctors strike the other week when he said we're living under a government so right wing, doctors are being called dangerous radicals.

• Like Like x 1
  10. tippi771

tippi771 Full Member

Nov 2, 2015
    And here is already a TPD2 compliant hardware from BigT..

11. Pushbutton

Pushbutton Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2014
    Vienna, Austria
    That thing is anything but TPD compliant. TPD requires the device to be leakproof and a leakproof filling mechanism.
    It also needs to be unbreakable, which the glass tank is clearly not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.