Travel to Canada From USA with E-cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to the scene and have to travel to Canada for work at the end of the month. I know Canada has strict laws regarding sale of Ecigs. Am I likely to have issues if I try to bring my rig and juice into Canada? Has anybody experienced this? I don't want to risk problems ( or the confiscation of my stuff) but kinda don't want to go without it either. Any advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I've flown atleast 5 times in and out of the country this year with my whole kit and kaboodle. No issues. I've placed everything from Reo Grands, to Silver Bullets and Provari's in the grey bins at security. Haven't had a question yet.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Checked would be even safer than carry-on. One thing I can caution you about..as a frequent work traveler. If it's a short trip, quite a lot of co-workers do not like waiting for the one with "checked" baggage. Get a good carry-on! :)

SuziesMom

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
NY
I've been 3 times in the past year- once to Toronto, twice to Montreal. We drive into the country, and then fly out to Europe. I don't have a link to it, but Health Canada does make a provision for non-citizens to import small amounts of what they consider to be "prescription" products for personal use. So, it's legal in that respect, or at least it was the last time I checked (a year ago).

We've never had an issue. I DIY and don't label my juice. I've debated that one.. but just leave it alone. No one has ever asked a single question about our gear or liquid. I don't advertise it, or make a big show of anything. We were allowed to vape openly in a quiet corner of an airport cafe in Montreal. No problem. I LOVE Canada.

I always have a backup bottle of juice in my checked luggage, or send a bottle to my destination so it's waiting for me when I arrive, but I've never needed to touch it. It's pretty rare these days to have your luggage searched flying into a country. Although the last time it happened we were searched by American customs when we were transiting through Toronto. Americans search, but I haven't been searched arriving in any other country in a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread