Not open for further replies.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
I like building coils and need something travel friendly. Drippers leak out of the air holes as you all know, genesis tanks leak, carto's and clearo's can't hang with a good coil build.

I have a Fogger V2 which I love. I can build it and go with no leaks but what else is out there that doesn't leak that I can build and travel with in my pocket? Thanks.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I can build it and go with no leaks but what else is out there that doesn't leak that I can build and travel with in my pocket? Thanks.
The most popular "PD type" RTAs made in the past year or so... the SvoeMesto Kayfun 3.1 & KFL+, Kebo Russian and R91%, Taifun GT/GS, Stattqualm sQuape, Schwarze Flash-E-Vapor, and Fogger V3/V4.
There are a few other leakproof atomizer designs that work well. They are more gravity/capillary type atomizers that use a filler material to hold juice and transfer it to the wick ... the Vapourart GP Spheroid and Heron and the GUS Aiolos come to mind as the premier examples.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
Kayfun and other vacuum-style atomizers CAN leak, but generally don't. A Spheroid would be great if they weren't $100+ per. I can buy 3 good quality Kayfun clones (not the Fast Tech stuff) for the same price and still get a great atomizer that won't leak and vapes great. The major advantage to the Spheroid is that is it small and will fit in things like a Microstick, but they look kind of funny on a full size (22mm) MOD.

JaRod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Delray Beach FL
I am a frequent traveler (air), and so far in my experience, EVERYTHNG I've taken with me on a plane, that is filled with liquid, leaks and/or floods due to the pressure changes inside the cabin, and I mean EVERYTHING, that includes PT 2 and 3, Aerotanks, PT Mini, Kaifun, Taifun GT, Magoo, Ithaca, Russian. So I just take the protank Mini with some liquid to stealth vape here and there, and my RBAs go empty.
If you check bags you can take scissors pliers, kanthal, whatever you need to rebuild your stuff. I don't, so I take 2 or 3 atomizers and a couple mods in my carry on, and never had a problem, the coils in a kayfun for exmple will last a long time, and rewicking them with cotton can be done anywhere with no tools basically.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
The other part of what I'm looking for is a glass too. I'm pretty sure I have seen Kayfun glass tank replacements out there though.

So the Kayfun is just that good hah? I see posts beyond posts about them.

I just received a set of glass tank sections for the Kayfun. They look slick as hell though I haven't used them yet, but we'll see if they work. They weren't cheap, but not too bad ($55 for a Kayfun Nano kit and a full size Kayfun from Vapor Solutions). I'm aware of 3 glass tank replacements for the Kayfun: Tarsius. Rainbow Heaven (the one I have). Science of Vaping.

The Tarsius version pops up all over classified threads very quickly on a google search which suggests it's probably not that great. The Rainbow Heaven version looks very similar, and costs much less. It could well be a clone version of the Tarsius version, but who knows. I do know that the glass section has a very tight fit to the orings, which is a good sign.

Of the three I'd say the Science of Vaping is the best bet, but they are about impossible to get right now. Rather than using orings to hold the glass tank on, he's actually threaded the glass section (much like the Aspire Nautilus) and made new top/bottom cap to match the new threading. If it can hold up, I'd say that's a better design as it's just like the original, only with threading more appropriate for glass.

JaRod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Delray Beach FL
Grimm Green just posted an instagram stating that he has discovered the secret to keep Kayfuns from leaking on a plane: invert the MOD so that the atomizer is facing downwards and keep it that way until the flight is over.

Sounds good in theory, problem is when you travel your cant just keep you atomizers in the same orientation all the time, if you put them in a back pack for example, it'll be upright most of the time, but it will lay flat when you go through x ray, then for take off and landing your backpack must be in the overhead bin, or under the seat in front of you. I guess if you really try, you'd find a way to do it, but it will be an inconvenience, maybe if you are a lady you could put it inside your purse....

TheBeardedMann

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
United States
I have a Taifun GT clone and it doesn't leak tossing it in the car. I don't abuse it, but I also don't baby it. Just make sure the wicking is proper. I have a wick through the coil and a wick resting on the coil. Then trimmed on the outside of the chamber. Also, as mentioned, turn it upside down when traveling helps.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
I just received a set of glass tank sections for the Kayfun. They look slick as hell though I haven't used them yet, but we'll see if they work. They weren't cheap, but not too bad ($55 for a Kayfun Nano kit and a full size Kayfun from Vapor Solutions). I'm aware of 3 glass tank replacements for the Kayfun: Tarsius. Rainbow Heaven (the one I have). Science of Vaping.

The Tarsius version pops up all over classified threads very quickly on a google search which suggests it's probably not that great. The Rainbow Heaven version looks very similar, and costs much less. It could well be a clone version of the Tarsius version, but who knows. I do know that the glass section has a very tight fit to the orings, which is a good sign.

Of the three I'd say the Science of Vaping is the best bet, but they are about impossible to get right now. Rather than using orings to hold the glass tank on, he's actually threaded the glass section (much like the Aspire Nautilus) and made new top/bottom cap to match the new threading. If it can hold up, I'd say that's a better design as it's just like the original, only with threading more appropriate for glass.

Good info. I will have to have a glass tank replacement with the Kayfun.

I have a Taifun GT clone and it doesn't leak tossing it in the car. I don't abuse it, but I also don't baby it. Just make sure the wicking is proper. I have a wick through the coil and a wick resting on the coil. Then trimmed on the outside of the chamber. Also, as mentioned, turn it upside down when traveling helps.

I looked at the Taifun GT. Looked like the Fogger concept but the Fogger has the glass tank. I have to say I like this style over genesis tanks. My Fogger hasn't leaked a drop, it pretty much can't like the Taifun. Any issues with the poly tank?

TheBeardedMann

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
United States
I looked at the Taifun GT. Looked like the Fogger concept but the Fogger has the glass tank. I have to say I like this style over genesis tanks. My Fogger hasn't leaked a drop, it pretty much can't like the Taifun. Any issues with the poly tank?

Not yet, fingers crossed. I need to order a new tank though. I mainly vape coffee, vanilla, etc flavors. Not too many fruity flavors.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
Good info. I will have to have a glass tank replacement with the Kayfun.

The glass kits aren't all they're cracked up to be just yet. This is the first generation of glass tanks for a Kayfun and they have predictable problems. This is revision 1, essentially.

And I was wrong about the Science of Vaping. They DO NOT have threaded glass. They are held on to the SS end caps by orings just like the others.

Some brands leak through the orings. The glass is quartz and some people have cracked them just trying to put them back on the rings (experience taught me that one), and I can't imagine that it could take a fall, and that even just tipping over on to a hard table may break it. With at least one brand you can't use the fill port in order to put in juice because how the new rings are designed and fit on the atomizer, and it may be 2 of the three brands. I have read a few complaints about the glass not fitting against the orings tightly enough, sometimes even slipping off when grabbing your MOD by the tank and dumping an entire tank of juice.

These glass kits are a neat idea that people have come up with to fill a niche in the market: an easy, reliable way to add glass to a superior atomizer. But the execution simply isn't there, likely because the Kayfun's design makes using glass exceptionally difficult.

Gonzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Marietta, GA, USA
I'm +1 on the Kayfun, I have a Russian 91%, a cheap Kayfun lite clone from Fasttech and a Tobeco Black KFL+ clone on order. It is my favorite atomizer I've ever used, and that is including RDA's. I don't use many tank crackers, for those I run them either in a AGT genesis on my Bagua clone, or on a Protank 2 with aero base and rebuilt coil.

I also have an Aqua which I love and a black Fogger V4 on order. If you must have a glass tank, then you're on the right path with the Fogger

Coldpunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Columbia, Mo
Sounds good in theory, problem is when you travel your cant just keep you atomizers in the same orientation all the time, if you put them in a back pack for example, it'll be upright most of the time, but it will lay flat when you go through x ray, then for take off and landing your backpack must be in the overhead bin, or under the seat in front of you. I guess if you really try, you'd find a way to do it, but it will be an inconvenience, maybe if you are a lady you could put it inside your purse....

You sir, need a spheroid. Worth every penny. Never leaks when flying. If I'm traveling by air, I've got spheroids with me. I've had Russians, ithakas, and protank/evod types all end up leaking juice ll over carry ons.

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
I am a frequent traveler (air), and so far in my experience, EVERYTHNG I've taken with me on a plane, that is filled with liquid, leaks and/or floods due to the pressure changes inside the cabin, and I mean EVERYTHING, that includes PT 2 and 3, Aerotanks, PT Mini, Kaifun, Taifun GT, Magoo, Ithaca, Russian. So I just take the protank Mini with some liquid to stealth vape here and there, and my RBAs go empty.
If you check bags you can take scissors pliers, kanthal, whatever you need to rebuild your stuff. I don't, so I take 2 or 3 atomizers and a couple mods in my carry on, and never had a problem, the coils in a kayfun for exmple will last a long time, and rewicking them with cotton can be done anywhere with no tools basically.

Hmm. I'm a frequent traveler as well and am actually one of those that stealth vapes on the plane, even with someone seated right next to me. I carry my Kayfun Lite Plus x 3, Aspire Nautilus, and IBTanked in my carryon and haven't had any issues with any leakage at all. I must be lucky or fly airlines with pressurized cabins :). Seriously, no issues for me with leakage. Just in case though I wrap each one in a small piece of paper towel and a zip lock snack bag. Just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread