• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

traveling with and packing up all my gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

staypuffed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
golden beach
hello i am moving to australia and i have a 4 hour stop over in new zealand. my question is that i have a tackle box full of gear and about 50 different bottles of juice all containing nicotine and 9 different pvs its everything i have and im worrying about it all getting confiscated i plan on packing everything in my checked baggage should i be worried ?

RickTheBeard

Jul 16, 2012
New Zealand
i would be a little worried about the juices as they arnt a "sealed product"
also i did a quick google search and found this site Customs home page
first link is about lazer pointers being confiscated. while an e cig isnt a laser pointer they can seem simmilar in appearance.

i would probably email the customs you are going to be passing through and if they say no, selling your PV and juices then buying a new set in aus

Ewunia

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Australia
This is the official statement from the Australian Civil Aviation Authority:
Civil Aviation Safety Authority - eCigarettes and electronic cigarettes

So, all you batteries should be in your hand luggage. Regarding nicotine liquid, in Australia you are allowed to import a 3-months supply for personal use. I'm not sure how this will relate to NZ. I recently travelled from Australia to Athens via Abu Dhabi and I had no problem with my stuff, but I didn't have as much as you do. Anyway, noone paid any attention to it.

Re advice to sell and buy new stuff in Australia. Retail sales of nicotine liquids in Australia are not allowed, only hardware and zero-nic liquid, so if you sell you will have to start importing from overseas anyway. In your place I would just reduce my "holdings" a little.

Last edited:

Yves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Matamata, New Zealand
New Zealand you wont be coming through customs, if you are in transit, so that's not a worry.

You are limited to 100ml liquid in your carry on luggage. Put your chargers in with any other computer stuff you have, wrap each battery in bubble wrap to keep them seperate, from each other, they can and should be in your carry on luggage. Place upto 100ml of liquid in a zip lock bag and put in your carry on. Customs in New Zealand know what e cigs are I can't say for Australia but would think it will be similar.

If you are at Auckland International Airport there is a smoker's area where you can vape with no worries near the escalators. just ask for directions at information if you can't find it. I vape there I have not tried to vape within the main airport area not worth the problems I feel. Can you pack the rest of your liquid in well sealed bottles then zip lock bags and put it in your checked baggage same as you would put shampoo etc.

Enjoy your trip :)

Sfera72

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
CH-Lucerne
Ewunia: I need 1 litre for 3 month this year. It's 12mg/ml liquid and I want to travvel it in 2 bottles with 0.5 litres each, but not in the hand luggage. Because it's not allowed to take more than 1 litre in 100ml bottles in the hand luggage. Do you think that it is ok and should I write something on the bottles?

Ewunia

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Australia
Are you sure about your calculations? 1 l of juice for 3 months? With generous rounding (100 days) this gives you 10 ml per day. Do you vape that much? I'm currently on a 3 month holiday in Greece. I took with me 6 x 30ml bottles and about 60 cartriges (say equivalent to two 30ml bottles) - alltogether 240ml (a quarter of what you planning to take). I only have 3 weeks to go and I still have 2 bottles and over 20 carts. Maybe you don't need that much juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread