Triple para mod pointers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOILbeast76

Jun 1, 2019
Canada
Hey, I'm looking into constructing my own triple parallel 21700 mod. The kit I found from Motley includes a 3034 mosfet and 15k resistor. I know from experience with fully mechanical parallels that I can build quite low on them, but would I have to worry about the mosfet cutting off power at, say, 0.06 or should i make the rig a dual mosfet?

Pretty new to using mosfets in builds as I usually use full mech

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The Mosfet will have its own specifications in terms of max voltage and current. Coil resistance is not part of that specification. You have to build and use according to those specifications.

0.06 ohms is pretty low. Understand that despite the added available current with a parallel battery configuration, there comes a point where a resistive load is no longer viewed as a resistive load, but as a dead short. Do not know what those thresholds are.

• Agree
Reactions: lupinehorror

KOILbeast76

Jun 1, 2019
Canada
The Mosfet will have its own specifications in terms of max voltage and current. Coil resistance is not part of that specification. You have to build and use according to those specifications.

0.06 ohms is pretty low. Understand that despite the added available current with a parallel battery configuration, there comes a point where a resistive load is no longer viewed as a resistive load, but as a dead short. Do not know what those thresholds are.
0.06 was just an example for low resistance. My boss used to run a 3x18650 mech for cloud comps and insists on pushing limits. Claims he used to run 0.04 on that mod. Now THAT is running too low for my taste for sure.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
0.06 was just an example for low resistance. My boss used to run a 3x18650 mech for cloud comps and insists on pushing limits. Claims he used to run 0.04 on that mod. Now THAT is running too low for my taste for sure.

I had a business partner who use to drive his NOS injected Vette at 100km over the speed limit – never got caught, never crashed. That doesn’t mean there is no added risk. Haven't spoken or heard of to him in a few decades, so perhaps he wrapped himself around a telephone pole

As for your boss – there are rules to cloud competitions. It is not about who can get away with the lowest resistance build while chucking the biggest clouds. Such competition would be dangerous for people would be blowing their faces off. Competitions set limits as in how much power can be used, or how low your resistance is. I'd take what he says with a grain of salt.

Example:
IAVA | Competition Rules

KOILbeast76

Jun 1, 2019
Canada
I had a business partner who use to drive his NOS injected Vette at 100km over the speed limit – never got caught, never crashed. That doesn’t mean there is no added risk. Haven't spoken or heard of to him in a few decades, so perhaps he wrapped himself around a telephone pole

As for your boss – there are rules to cloud competitions. It is not about who can get away with the lowest resistance build while chucking the biggest clouds. Such competition would be dangerous for people would be blowing their faces off. Competitions set limits as in how much power can be used, or how low your resistance is. I'd take what he says with a grain of salt.

Example:
IAVA | Competition Rules
Fair. I'm mostly basing numbers off my current builds. On my bonza mech running a 40T, I'll usually run between 0.11 and 0.09. On my old 26650 mech, 0.1-0.08. My old dual para 18650 mod was 0.1-0.075.

Mind you. The lower end for each weren't all day builds, more of a big kick build while at home or at the shop. And I wouldn't run the low ends often. Just the old build for kicks. We've also run 3-5 stack series mechs in the shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread